the OP ignores the much longer roots of the environment that produced Trump as POTUS. It has been an effort that goes back at least to the 70s. The creation and funding of think tanks and media outlets that have produced an infrastructure to create "alternative facts" has been a very long process. Ultimately that process produced a base of tens of millions of people whose outrage at liberals and "elites" is the result of creating an alternate reality. Those millions and millions of people believe in such falsehoods as racism against whites is a problem, Mexican immigrants are pouring into the U.S., climate change is a hoax, coal jobs are coming back, etc., etc., etc. That false reality created the climate that made it possible for a narcissistic con man to garner over 60 million votes.
if anything the Lewinsky affair was an anomaly on that road, in the sense that the underlying event actually happened. Contrast that to the long list of phony scandals that have been created to tar Democrats -- the Foster "murder," Whitewater, "Travelgate," Benghazi, the IRS "scandal," and on and on.
Grace was ridiculous. She was an active participant who could have stopped things at many points. Aziz may have acted like a jerk, but to accuse him of abuse under these circumstances is just unfair.
Hooded Merganser and Black Duck
I'm a tech worker, and I live two blocks from the Christopher St PATH station, so this is good news for me. I could hang with my NJ peeps.
But did this propel us out of the 1st world? Did we start living in huts and become one of those sh*thole places the president so eloquently referred to? Maybe you mean something else. Maybe you mean it was a signficant moment in the coarsening of public discourse blah blah bah. The whole 1st world thing has me scratching my head.
unicorn_and_rainbows said:There were. Which is why this event was so different and earth shattering. It was the moment that bad behavior and emerging new media collided like an asteroid hitting the earth killing off the dinosaurs. Things have never been as they were before after this event.
hoops said:It was twenty years ago todaySgt. Pepper taught the band to playThey've been going in and out of styleBut they're guaranteed to raise a smileSo may I introduce to youThe act you've known for all these yearsSgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
There are, no doubt, classical music afficionados who see that as the beginning of the end of Western Civilization.
mtierney said:Do you disagree with the false news listed?
1. Opinion piece, not news.
2. Factual error which should never have been published, caused a drop in the markets and was quickly corrected. The reporter responsible was suspended and apologized.
3. Factual error (14 was read as 4) on CNN's part, which was quickly corrected and was not spread any other news outlet.
4. TIME did not report this. It was a tweet by a journalist who worked for TIME, Zeke Miller. It was less than an hour between Zeke's tweet that the MLK bust was gone and his tweet that it was actually there, but obscured by a secret service agent and a door. But an hour is a long time in politics these days.
5. Another tweet by a reporter, not the publication he works for. This time it's Dave Weigel, who when he was told about it, admitted his mistake and apologized directly to the president, who publicly called for him to be fired by The Washington Post. The next evening The Washington Post released a statement. “Dave Weigel relied on an inaccurate image in tweeting about President Trump’s rally in Pensacola,” the paper’s vice president of communications, Kristine Coratti Kelly, said. “When others pointed out the mistake to Weigel, he quickly deleted the tweet. And when he was later addressed by the president on Twitter, he promptly apologized for it.” In a normal world that would be the end of it, but this is not a normal world anymore.
6. This is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.
7. This error lead to 3 high-ranking CNN journalists quitting the network.
8. This is the second most ridiculous thing. It also, like 2 and 3, was corrected almost instantly. Someone really needs to look into the criteria for what Fake News actually is. It's not poorly-reported actual events, it's outright falsehoods, masked as actual news.
9. There are 2 screen grabs posted under this claim. The first says "Comey to testify he never told Trump he was not under investigation" and the second says "Comey: told Trump he was not under investigation".
10. Weirdly the most deserving one is at number 10. This one I can maybe give them.
Like I said most of these are factual errors, which were later corrected, and ALL OF THEM are on the list specifically because they hurt poor widdle Donny's widdle feewings. Note for example that Fox News erroneously reporting that Jimmy Carter had died on November 26th last year, does not make the list, neither does when Fox News initially reported that James Comey had resigned when in fact he had been fired.
As for actual Fake News, somehow none of these from Trump's favorite website made the cut:
This isn't true. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/09/delingpole-nearly-all-recent-global-warming-is-fabricated-study-finds/
This is nearly entirely made up. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/08/starbucks-holds-hiring-event-for-refugees-in-san-diego-tb-rates-among-highest-in-country/
This is preposterous. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/13/planned-parenthood-teams-up-with-satanists-to-promote-abortion-in-missouri/
This guy was never a suspect. http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/10/17/ice-detainer-issued-for-suspected-wine-country-arsonist-in-sonoma-jail/
This is just pulled from some guy's blog. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/06/tidalgate-climate-alarmists-caught-faking-sea-level-rise/
And this didn't happen either. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/28/target-down-30-percent-since-transgender-boycott-began/
That's 6 right there from one news source, and not one of them involve the guy who told us that he had people in Hawaii looking into President Obama's certificate "and they cannot believe what they're finding". What did they find? Did he really have people there? Over a year later he tweeted "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud." Who is the source? Did Trump send that info to the FBI? Why not?
Because he's an incompetent, infantile, lying sack of racist shite, that's why.
Bill Clinton had an affair with a legal consenting adult, which led to massive tax breaks for the rich and medicaid cuts to the poor. That makes PERFECT sense, why the hell didn't I make that connection before.
When the mega-rich end up living behind razor wire and have carjacking defense systems on their cars and the poor are desperately trying to survive just like they do in South Africa we'll all know it was because Bill Clinton didn't remember his wedding vows. For shame.
This gets me thinking. Maybe Bezos can build some tunnels and repair Penn Station. I kid you not. Let's call it Amazon-Penn Station. Let's see, there could be Amazon Dash buttons all over the walls and Amazon kiosks throughout the station. Every rider with a monthly pass gets Amazon Prime included. What else?
Beatles Rock Band for PS3 plus bonus $125 More info
Unique Vintage Piano More info
Exquisite Jewelry $10 More info
Pillow top Bed Back board $60 More info
Jackets for Sale $20 More info
FREE Beautiful Antique Sideboard - Pick Up ASAP More info
Piano lessons by experienced and caring teacher $60 More info
Maplewood Dock & Door
Info - Website - Contact
Phone: (973) 996-2189
Community Coalition on Race
Phone: (973) 761-6116
Accurate Sewer & Drain
Mark Slade Homes
Village Service Center & Auto Body