Update on Highland Place?

and it's hard to believe that space has been unused for almost 5 years until now.

I can’t wait.  The menu looks great. The place looks great.  The bar is beautiful.  

Well I've never seen Moretti on draft before.  Color me intrigued.

ml1 said:
and it's hard to believe that space has been unused for almost 5 years until now.

The former HP barflies are still whining about its closing.  

kthnry said:

I'm not whining, but I'll admit I still miss it. 

ml1 said:

kthnry said:
 I'm not whining, but I'll admit I still miss it. 

Uh, me, too. 

I used to DJ in there on Wednesday nights. Ah, the good times. 

Hell of a menu.  Will be interesting to see how this opening affects F&F in SO, not least since Campos is in the kitchen for the foreseeable future. 

ctrzaska said:
Hell of a menu.  Will be interesting to see how this opening affects F&F in SO, not least since Campos is in the kitchen for the foreseeable future. 

If the food is good it looks like it will compete well. Also with Pickett's. 

Several high end restaurants in the area now.  I hope they all will be able to survive.

yahooyahoo said:
Several high end restaurants in the area now.  I hope they all will be able to survive.

we are all hungry

It appears to me that Luna Stella comes in at a significantly lower price point than Fox and Falcon. I can't find the the menu for Pickett's (it's not on their website but I thought someone had posted an image) but if memory serves Luna Stella also offers less expensive options. 

So it may find a niche between the Trattoria and The Cassidy. Looking forward to trying them out.

mrincredible said:
It appears to me that Luna Stella comes in at a significantly lower price point than Fox and Falcon. I can't find the the menu for Pickett's (it's not on their website but I thought someone had posted an image) but if memory serves Luna Stella also offers less expensive options. 
So it may find a niche between the Trattoria and The Cassidy. Looking forward to trying them out.

Village Green has reported that at Luna Stella "target price points for food will be $25-30 for lunch and $40-45 for dinner." I don't know if that's an estimate for a combination of appetizer and entree, but that doesn't strike me as lower than F&F, and certainly not "significantly" lower.

apple44 said:

mrincredible said:
Village Green has reported that at Luna Stella "target price points for food will be $25-30 for lunch and $40-45 for dinner." I don't know if that's an estimate for a combination of appetizer and entree, but that doesn't strike me as lower than F&F, and certainly not "significantly" lower.

Certainly is higher than that other quality restaurant Coda

Here’s the online version of the menu. Entrees priced at $18 to $32.

https://www.restaurantlunastella.com/menu

A back-of-the-napkin comparison:

Luna Stella half chicken: $24

Cassidy iron skillet chicken: $25

Fox and Falcon iron skillet chicken: $27

That’s a difference that I’m going to let the dish settle, not the price.

For what it’s worth, I had dinner at the Cassidy for the first time on Father’s Day, and the food was excellent. The tenderness of the octopus — comparable in serving size and price to the appetizer pictured on Luna Stella’s menu — was a good clue to the kitchen’s skill; octopus is so often rubbery.

mrincredible said:

Not great, and (not, as I first thought) sideways, but maybe you can make sense of it.

apple44 said:

I'm comparing online menus. 

Luna Stella has a few items on the appetizer/soup/salad list for under $10 (as low as $6)

Least expensive appetizer at Fox and Falcon is $12.

There are some entrees at Luna Stella under $20 (range is 18-32 for mains). Fox and Falcon ranges from 19-36.

You could certainly spend as much at either place but Luna Stella seems to offer some lower prices options, particularly with starters.

DaveSchmidt said:
A back-of-the-napkin comparison:
Luna Stella half chicken: $24
Cassidy iron skillet chicken: $25
Fox and Falcon iron skillet chicken: $27
That’s a difference that I’m going to let the dish settle, not the price.
For what it’s worth, I had dinner at the Cassidy for the first time on Father’s Day, and the food was excellent. The tenderness of the octopus — comparable in serving size and price to the appetizer pictured on Luna Stella’s menu — was a good clue to the kitchen’s skill; octopus is so often rubbery.

I wasn't going for a direct comparison of similar items. More of a cheapskate's "How much is this place going to cost me" global analysis.

I will be interested to see portion sizes too. 

Dinner tonight: wonderful enthusiastic service. The food ( Roast Chicken and Chicken Milanese ) was prepared wonderfully. Moist and delicious. A vibrant crowd. The owner and his family couldn’t have been nicer. 

When we moved here in 1978 our first night dinner was at the Wineolear. Maplewood has come a long way on the food chain since then. 

Luna Stella is a great addition to Maplewood. 

Awesome. This time last year I was eating similar quality food in Italy, But, it was much harder to get ice in a beverage there.

dont see them on opentable.  soon?

Robert_Casotto said:
dont see them on opentable.  soon?

They give reservation info on their site

https://www.restaurantlunastella.com/reservations

grazie.  hoping they do bucatini there 

Perhaps the OP could change the title of this thread to Luna Stella?

please post food pics grin

I drove past last night and it was all glittery and packed. Horrifying.

steel said:
I drove past night and it was all glittery and packed. Horrifying.

I heard from a former HP barfly that rich and fancy people are going there.

Me, a former HP barfly?  Ok, I like it.

Most customers looked like the "Short Hills" type.  Women with perfect hair, men with khaki pants and no socks with their loafers. I felt sad.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!