Tulsi: Trump: Stop hiding Saudi role in 911 and protecting Al Qaeda

nohero said:

ridski said:

paulsurovell said:

Good article on the illegality of Trump's order for US troops to "protect Syria's oil". This is impeachable.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2019/11/05/trump-oks-wider-syria-oil-mission-raising-legal-questions/#.XcNFYmGefds.twitter

Promises made. Promises kept.

https://theintercept.com/2016/09/14/donald-trumps-not-anti-war-just-wants-u-s-military-focus-stealing-oil/

Article from before the 2016 election ⤴️

Does this mean you support "protecting" Syria's oil?

paulsurovell said:

That's a stupid question.  

nohero said:

There are no stupid questions, only paulsurovells.

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

Calling the question "stupid" is a (stupid) ploy to avoid answering a simple question.

Yes or no -- do you support Trump's decision to send US troops to "protect Syrian oilfields"?

This is even easier than -- Is the US meddling in Venezuela?

ridski said:

nohero said:

There are no stupid questions, only paulsurovells.

Do you support Trump's decision to send troops to "protect" Syrian oilfields?

Former Syrian opposition leader and political prisoner Ahed Al Hendi blames failure of Syrian revolution in part on US support for jihadis, including Al Qaeda.

Key passage

"I saw with my own eyes how it (the US) supported international Islamist jihadis in Syria with guns and money. I saw how the United States intervened to stop a Russian incursion against Idlib and against the largest al Qaeda affiliate in the world."

https://foreignpolicy.com/author/ahed-al-hendi/

(excerpt)

On Oct. 12, my friend was brutally murdered by a group of assassins working under the order of the so-called Syrian National Army. They attacked Khalaf’s car, tortured her, beat her with blunt objects, broke her legs, dragged her by her hair until it was ripped from her scalp, and then shot her body and face until she was mutilated beyond recognition even to her mother.
Khalaf’s murder reflects the evil that has gripped Syria since the civil war began in 2011 and marks the death of the Syrian revolution at the hands of jihadis. At the start of the revolution, Syrians opposing President Bashar al-Assad were widely represented by liberal Syrian diaspora groups. But ultimately the liberal opposition failed to compete with Syrian Islamists, especially the local affiliate of the Muslim Brotherhood—not least because of the support of the U.S. government. Syrian jihadis established close relationships with the U.S. State Department; many U.S. government agencies seemed to prefer working with the Islamists over our group of secular, liberal dissidents.
The result is what we see today: the stark dominance of groups that rely on primordial Sunni imperial aspirations—groups like al Qaeda and Ahrar al-Sham. The young men and women who marched peacefully in Damascus in March 2011 calling for democratic change have thus seen their revolution hijacked by criminal jihadis like the ones who killed Khalaf. Since Turkey’s Oct. 9 invasion, these jihadis have occupied two major border towns, Tal Abyad and Ras al-Ain, killing hundreds of Syrians and forcing the Syrian Democratic Forces to surrender areas to Assad.
The United States is not blameless. I saw with my own eyes how it supported international Islamist jihadis in Syria with guns and money. I saw how the United States intervened to stop a Russian incursion against Idlib and against the largest al Qaeda affiliate in the world. I saw how the United States worked hard to represent the Syrian Islamists in the Geneva peace talks on Syria while excluding the Kurds at the behest of Turkey. I saw when U.S. President Donald Trump stood by doing nothing against Turkey’s invasion of the Kurdish enclave of Afrin and now the rest of multicultural northeastern Syria.

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

Calling the question "stupid" is a (stupid) ploy to avoid answering a simple question.

Yes or no -- do you support Trump's decision to send US troops to "protect Syrian oilfields"?

It's a stupid question because it amounted to a stupid interpretation ("Does this mean …") interpretation of my post which Paul quoted.

It's also stupid because it's a screamingly transparent attempt to "move on" from the larger question, Trump's betrayal of the Kurds - which Paul supports.

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

It's a stupid question because it amounted to a stupid interpretation ("Does this mean …") interpretation of my post which Paul quoted.

It's also stupid because it's a screamingly transparent attempt to "move on" from the larger question, Trump's betrayal of the Kurds - which Paul supports.

I can only conclude that as in Venezuela, as in protecting Al Qaeda, and now with the Syrian oil fields you are right in bed with Donald Trump. 

A driving force behind the White Helmets civilian rescuers in Syria has met with an "accident" in Turkey.

The Brief and Inspiring Life of James Le Mesurier

"On Monday morning, James Le Mesurier, the founder of Mayday Rescue, a charity that supported and trained the White Helmets, the Syrian civil defense group, was found dead in Istanbul. His body was found outside a building in the Beyoglu district where he had an apartment and office. It is unclear whether Mr. Le Mesurier, who was 48 and healthy, fell or was pushed from the balcony of his apartment. The Turkish authorities have started an investigation."

The White Helmets have been smeared in the past on Paul's thread here, such as in the following:

nohero said:

nohero said:

bub said:
It may not be A Russian documentary but . . . 
https://medium.com/@Brian_Whit/vanessa-beeley-the-syrian-conflicts-goddess-of-propaganda-2c84f850dba4
 We've discussed Ms. Beeley before.  Back in December, I quoted from an article that debunked her and her smears..

Russian state media and a network of supportive alternative news sites continue to cast doubt on investigators’ findings, describing it as “illogical” and “deliberately staged” by militants. The alt-right site Infowars repeated the conspiracy theory, describing the attack as staged by the White Helmets, who were described as an “al-Qaida affiliated group funded by George Soros”. The White Helmets have never received funding from George Soros or any of his foundations.

Some of the most vocal sceptics of the UN’s investigation include the blogger Vanessa Beeley, the daughter of a former British diplomat who visited Syria for the first time in July 2016; a University of Sydney senior lecturer, Timothy Anderson, who described the April chemical attack as a “hoax”; and Eva Bartlett, a Canadian writer and activist who said the White Helmets staged rescues using recycled victims – a claim that’s been debunked by Snopes and Channel 4 News.

The "White Helmets are faking it" nonsense has been repeated in multiple threads, for nearly a year now.  About a month ago on this thread, it came up again.

The same two posters, Ms. Nan and Mr. Surovell, keep returning to those smears, as if the earlier refutations never happened.  It's "tiresome", to use a word that Mr. Surovell apparently doesn't like hearing from me.

As noted in the quote, George Soros is apparently the bogeyman funding the White Helmets and helping them support Al Qaeda.  Mr. Soros is also apparently funding anti-Kavanaugh protestors that the GOP calls an "angry mob".  Mr. Soros certainly does keep himself busy, at least in the eyes of conspiracy theorists.

As noted in the article I cited at the top of this post, by Ms. Janine DiGiovanni, the White Helmets have been attacked (literally and with deadly consequences) for the fact that they reveal the truth.

"The White Helmets are emergency medical workers. They have, according to their own estimate, rescued about 115,000 people and lost more than 250 of their own volunteers — they have a high chance of being killed themselves when they rush to the scene of a bombing. This was the world the funny, smart, brave and principled Mr. Le Mesurier worked in.

"His work earned him many detractors, including Maria Zakharova, the spokeswoman for the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Three days before his mysterious death, Ms. Zakharova claimed that Mr. Le Mesurier was a 'former agent of Britain’s MI6, who has been spotted all around the world.'"

The strategy involved deadly force and also spreading lies on social media.

"But the White Helmets had dangerous enemies, most notably those attached to Russia. By 2015, the Russians had joined the dogfight over the skies of Aleppo as a partner to President Bashar al-Assad of Syria. The Russians bombed many civilian targets, including hospitals. The White Helmets became more vulnerable; more than half were killed in 'double-tap' strikes, where Syrian regime and Russian warplanes returned to the site of a bombing to target the rescue workers.

"The Russians unleashed an army of trolls to discredit the White Helmets by branding them “Al Qaeda.” Mr. Le Mesurier took on these adversaries, dismantling their accusations about funding and the lies the White Helmets supposedly spread about Russian and Syrian government attacks."

They were bombed in reality, and "bombed" verbally (even here on MOL)

nohero said:

As noted in the article I cited at the top of this post, by Ms. Janine DiGiovanni, the White Helmets have been attacked (literally and with deadly consequences) for the fact that they reveal the truth.

"The White Helmets are emergency medical workers. They have, according to their own estimate, rescued about 115,000 people and lost more than 250 of their own volunteers — they have a high chance of being killed themselves when they rush to the scene of a bombing. This was the world the funny, smart, brave and principled Mr. Le Mesurier worked in.

"His work earned him many detractors, including Maria Zakharova, the spokeswoman for the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Three days before his mysterious death, Ms. Zakharova claimed that Mr. Le Mesurier was a 'former agent of Britain’s MI6, who has been spotted all around the world.'"

The strategy involved deadly force and also spreading lies on social media.

"But the White Helmets had dangerous enemies, most notably those attached to Russia. By 2015, the Russians had joined the dogfight over the skies of Aleppo as a partner to President Bashar al-Assad of Syria. The Russians bombed many civilian targets, including hospitals. The White Helmets became more vulnerable; more than half were killed in 'double-tap' strikes, where Syrian regime and Russian warplanes returned to the site of a bombing to target the rescue workers.

"The Russians unleashed an army of trolls to discredit the White Helmets by branding them “Al Qaeda.” Mr. Le Mesurier took on these adversaries, dismantling their accusations about funding and the lies the White Helmets supposedly spread about Russian and Syrian government attacks."

They were bombed in reality, and "bombed" verbally (even here on MOL)

Why was Mesurier in Turkey?  Could it be related to the Kurds' view that the White Helmets are allies of the Syrian jihadis supported by Turkey who are killing Kurds?

https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/15b19407-31f2-4709-ab99-580b6a66dc72

paulsurovell said:

Why was Mesurier in Turkey?  Could it be related to the Kurds' view that the White Helmets are allies of the Syrian jihadis supported by Turkey who are killing Kurds?

Three thoughts:

1.  You added your own embellishments to what's in the article.  You couldn't leave well enough alone for your own purpose of character assassination.

2.  The gentleman was in Turkey because he's been in Turkey for years; it's in the articles.  I can't assume that you didn't know that, or know how Turkey has been a starting point for humanitarian relief efforts in Syria.  Just because war correspondent Janine DiGiovanni blocked you on the Twitter for infecting her mentions with pro-Assad propaganda, doesn't mean you can't read her NY Times pieces.  

3.  You and the rest of the character assassination keyboard team can stand down now, because the real assassination department appears to have done its work.  I didn't look, did Tulsi have a celebratory tweet about this news?

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

Three thoughts:

1.  You added your own embellishments to what's in the article.  You couldn't leave well enough alone for your own purpose of character assassination.

Such as . . .

2. The gentleman was in Turkey because he's been in Turkey for years; it's in the articles. I can't assume that you didn't know that, or know how Turkey has been a starting point for humanitarian relief efforts in Syria. Just because war correspondent Janine DiGiovanni blocked you on the Twitter for infecting her mentions with pro-Assad propaganda, doesn't mean you can't read her NY Times pieces.

The question is why was he in Turkey?

3. You and the rest of the character assassination keyboard team can stand
down now, because the real assassination department appears to have
done its work. I didn't look, did Tulsi have a celebratory tweet about
this news?

The Kurds regard the White Helmets as enemies. Why?

The NY Times couldn't ignore this story entirely so it shamefully ran an AP story that quoted Assad on it, rather than reporting the story straight-up. A sleazy way to discredit the story.

The "Assad gassed his own people" mantra is going to the way of "Saddam has WMDs".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7793253/PETER-HITCHENS-reveals-evidence-watchdog-suppressed-report-casting-doubt-Assad-gas-attack.html

Thank you Paul for sticking with this thankless job of persisting with the facts in a cesspool of toothless piranhas.  Have you seen this one? 

Deluge Of New Leaks Further Shreds The Establishment Syria Narrative

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/deluge-of-new-leaks-further-shreds-the-establishment-syria-narrative-e5ba3ba9b44b

nan said:

Thank you Paul for sticking with this thankless job of persisting with the facts in a cesspool of toothless piranhas.  Have you seen this one? 

Deluge Of New Leaks Further Shreds The Establishment Syria Narrative

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/deluge-of-new-leaks-further-shreds-the-establishment-syria-narrative-e5ba3ba9b44b

Piranhas with no teeth.

Yes, I've seen it. Those who raised questions about the mantra "Assad gasses his own people" -- including Tulsi -- have been fully vindicated.

From the "not a surprise" department.  Tulsi "liked" this stupid tweet from Meghan McCain, to her "fellow conservative girls", about a character who firebombed population centers.

nohero said:

From the "not a surprise" department.  Tulsi "liked" this stupid tweet from Meghan McCain, to her "fellow conservative girls", about a character who firebombed population centers.

@nohero spends a lot of his time obsessing on Tulsi.

Since Democratic responses and nonresponses to public demonstrations in South America have come up in MOL threads, has Gabbard or any other presidential candidate addressed the Muslim protests in India?

paulsurovell said:

Not really.  It popped up on the Twitter because of Tulsi's "like".

Speaking of obsessing and "likes" -

This page could be the decorations in a high school locker: https://twitter.com/paulsurovell 

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

This page could be the decorations in a high school locker: https://twitter.com/paulsurovell 

Posts like this and a tendency to stalk are why I had to block nohero on twitter. 

nan said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

Posts like this and a tendency to stalk are why I had to block nohero on twitter. 

Son of a gun, so you did.  Now I'm trying to think of the last tweet I saw from Ms. Nan going by on the Twitter, and when that was.  I have no idea what fact I posted that was the "last straw".

DaveSchmidt said:

Something to do with the thread title:

The Saudi Connection: Inside the 9/11 Case That Divided the F.B.I. (NYT)

That's the new title for this thread.

The original title was that Trump wasn't in favor of bombing some Muslims in Syria, like that nice Mr. Putin would.

Now that our friend Paul's hopes have been dashed by Trump's defeat in the election, he's gone back to tweeting in support of Assad against the White Helmets.  

nohero said:

Now that our friend Paul's hopes have been dashed by Trump's defeat in the election, he's gone back to tweeting in support of Assad against the White Helmets.  

Looks like Chloe Hadjimatheou got so badly harassed by Paulsurovell and his friends that she's gone private and changed her Twitter bio to "Previously unknown BBC journalist".

ridski said:

nohero said:

Looks like Chloe Hadjimatheou got so badly harassed by Paulsurovell and his friends that she's gone private and changed her Twitter bio to "Previously unknown BBC journalist".

Jesus Christ.  Biden is going to get us back in a war with Syria and you idiots are going to cheer.  That's where this is going, huh?

terp said:

ridski said:

nohero said:

Jesus Christ.  Biden is going to get us back in a war with Syria and you idiots are going to cheer.  That's where this is going, huh?

Yes, we're all anxiously awaiting war with Syria.  We're going to use all the weapons we confiscate once we  overturn the second amendment and defund the police.  

terp said:

Can’t get us back into a war we never left, terp.

Fortunately we will never find out if Trump would have started a war with China in his second term.

Edited to say: I hope I was not being premature. He still has a few weeks left.

STANV said:

Fortunately we will never find out if Trump would have started a war with China in his second term.

Edited to say: I hope I was not being premature. He still has a few weeks left.

I hope not.  I have Iran square in the pool.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Help Wanted

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!