To the woman I watched cut the tetherball down this morning at The Jefferson Playground archived

afa said:

I just hope to see roxannesmom pop up in other threads, whoever she may be.

I think she is a he (baiting...).

emmie said:

Roxannesmom=Adele, who is very witty, or maybe LARS?

Yes, or believe it or not, one of Monster's alters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3wRv0m1Ezc

its the devils game

I haven't laughed this hard in ages. Thanks @roxeannesmom.

PEOPLE, stay focused. The ball is still at large.

Any chance Lexnyc might have started the gag?

Tom_Reingold said:

Any chance Lexnyc might have started the gag?

alias said:

Kudos to Roxannesmom.

But on a serious note, the future of the Jefferson School tether ball pole is in very dire straits. This treasured recreational icon, currently owned by the school board, is the focus of a redevelopment proposal designed to raze the historic pole in favor of a new mix-use recreational equipment abonomination.

The proposed playground equipment - complete with slides, swings, and climbing walls - will destroy the delicate fabric of the school grounds which are currently anchored by the stoic unadorned tetherball pole. This pole has withstood years of non-use to become a well remeninsced physical example of risk aversion for countless school children.

I urge all of you to join me in this fight to preserve the un-tethered tetherball pole for future generations and to finally stand up to developers and the School Board who are trying to destroy all that is good and decent in our town.

I have reached out the Preservation NJ and suggested this pole be added to their list of the 10 most endangered historic poles in N.J.

Please join the effort!

It's a perfect example of Eisenhower-era midcentury design. While most people don't appreciate the clean lines and unadorned beauty of a simple, free-standing pole, the truly discerning aesthete understands the importance of preserving such structures.

Clearly, RoxannesMom in a bear suit.

http://youtu.be/Vz_JCip9Ihs

And clearly enjoys playing with balls..

seaweed said:

And clearly enjoys playing with balls..

And that's one big ball

RoxannesMom, are you going to take this sitting down?!

Tom_Reingold said:

RoxannesMom, are you going to take this sitting down?!

Actually yes. But only while she's on the recovered stolen ball...while posting on MOL

"Property of Jefferson School Do Not Remove"
Really? You just stole a ball that little kids play with from a public school...
someone should call the cops lol

doublehappiness said:

AHAHAHA! Best piece of satire I've seen in months.

Indeed grin

ace789nj said:

Actually yes. But only while she's on the recovered stolen ball...while posting on MOL

Wow, 1998 called...!

dave said:

Occupy Tetherball!

I'm getting started on the signs. Please bring Starbucks.

This thread lights up my life, and brings me hope to carry on.

Tethered Balls
Lost Severed Tethered Balls

mjh said:

emmie said:

Roxannesmom=Adele, who is very witty, or maybe LARS?

Either one could absolutely do it, but I'm voting for Adele. The tone is right and the wit is perfect.

These accolades made me blush, thank you! My money's on sbenois, though, on the basis of his cryptic bump.

You can not reply as this discussion is Closed!

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Help Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Advertisement

Advertise here!