The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

If Pelosi has her way?

Has her way with what?

mtierney said:

Sorry, you got it wrong. The Dems are the folks with “the unhealthy fixation on the past.” Doesn’t appear Trumpitis aka psoriasis of the mind has a cure — will get even worse if Pelosi has her way.

As I pointed out above, the "fixation on the past" is found on the Republican side, where politicians who try to distance themselves from Trump are bashed and Trump himself is still center stage -

nohero said:

mtierney said:

Trumpitis — psoriasis of the mind....

Speaking of hopeless cases ...

"Donald Trump will seek to return to the political stage in an address to a major meeting of conservatives in Orlando, Florida, at a time when the Republican party appears split over loyalty to the former president." 

If Trump had just retired to Mar-a-Lago, played golf and didn't inject himself into the political discourse, I could see someone arguing that it was time to stop talking about it.

But, as that hasn't happened yet, we can't miss him yet because he hasn't gone away.  

I had kind of hoped that we wouldn't feed the troll when she inevitably came back from her hissy fit, whining at the door.

The Silence of the Dems here speaks volumes. 

mtierney said:

The Silence of the Dems here speaks volumes. 

are they supposed to be talking about the Emmys?

but just in case you weren't referring specifically to the Emmys, you should read this:

Democrats Introduce Resolution to Censure N.Y. Gov. Cuomo Over COVID Nursing Home Controversy

ml1 said:

but just in case you weren't referring specifically to the Emmys, you should read this:

Democrats Introduce Resolution to Censure N.Y. Gov. Cuomo Over COVID Nursing Home Controversy

Well, that obviously can't be true.

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

Well, that obviously can't be true.

It does rather draw attention by contrast to mtierney's silence about the former national leader's covid failures though, doesn't it? What was his name again? Some washed-up reality show guy who does fringe TV down in Florida now I think?

PVW said:

It does rather draw attention by contrast to mtierney's silence about the former national leader's covid failures though, doesn't it? What was his name again? Some washed-up reality show guy who does fringe TV down in Florida now I think?

As President Biden referred to him, "the former guy".

Present “guy” ,holding spot for First Gal, way too busy....

What does that even mean?

mtierney said:

Yet another editorial "cartoon" that relies on the ignorance of the reader.  Biden is undoing executive orders by Trump that were often petty, ridiculous, bigoted, etc.

nohero said:

mtierney said:

Yet another editorial "cartoon" that relies on the ignorance of the reader.  Biden is undoing executive orders by Trump that were often petty, ridiculous, bigoted, etc.

I'm looking forward to the covid relief bill's passage. Former guy's biggest legislative accomplishment was a partisan tax cut for the wealthy; Biden's on the cusp of seeing major legislation benefiting all Americans passing. If that's "holding spot", may he go on "holding" like this for the next eight years.

According to CNN, 12 of Biden’s 33 executive orders have been direct reversals of Trump’s policies. Here’s a list, which also includes other executive actions (memos and proclamations):

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/politics/biden-executive-orders/

PVW said:

I'm looking forward to the covid relief bill's passage. Former guy's biggest legislative accomplishment was a partisan tax cut for the wealthy; Biden's on the cusp of seeing major legislation benefiting all Americans passing. If that's "holding spot", may he go on "holding" like this for the next eight years.

He has said, during the campaign, that he would not seek a second term — he will be 82 in 2024.

mtierney said:

He has said, during the campaign, that he would not seek a second term — he will be 82 in 2024.

“May he,” as I understand the locution, conveys a wish or a hope irrespective of conditions like the content of your comment.

mtierney - please let us know what Joe's lie and misleading claim total is.  Wonder if he'll be able to keep up with Donny's record?  Donny's average was 50+ a day.  What's the latest on Hunter?  

DaveSchmidt said:

mtierney said:

“May he,” as I understand the locution, conveys a wish or a hope irrespective of conditions like the content of your comment.

mtierney said:

In that case, they shouldn't let him near a smartphone or a computer, let alone the Oval Office.

PVW said:

DaveSchmidt said:

mtierney said:

Also, better to burn out, then it is to rust.

MT likes old words that are newly relevant.  I liked MT better when she was hiding her face in shame.

DaveSchmidt said:

mtierney said:

Please add some clarity to your comment. TIA

and so it goes....bellying up the bar for longevity in Washington..

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/02/26/house-appropriators-to-cap-earmarks-at-1-percent-of-topline/

Whoever thought learning from experience was a good thing wasn’t a politician.

Earmarks are a good thing. It helps us to have nice things, which we deserve.

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

mtierney said:

Sorry, you got it wrong. The Dems are the folks with “the unhealthy fixation on the past.” Doesn’t appear Trumpitis aka psoriasis of the mind has a cure — will get even worse if Pelosi has her way.

Whatever it is, they’ve got a bad case of it at the CPAC this week. 
2024 election straw poll results:

I still want to know what "if Pelosi has her way" means.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Help Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!