The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

It's remarkable how many video re-creations have been put together.

here's another take on the 1776 report, from historian Kevin Kruse. Read the thread.

nohero said:

What lie are we supposed to believe, for that cartoon to make any sense?

I wouldn’t presume to suggest  any lie. But the cartoon clearly and unambiguously suggests when Twitter dumped Trump, it took away his soapbox and cut his connection to his supporters. There, now, that wasn’t hard. Amazon cut Parler off, another victory for progressives.

Incidentally, Parler is back up, but not with Amazon. Never heard about this one until the news of its demise was announced. 

mtierney said:

nohero said:

I wouldn’t presume to suggest  any lie. But the cartoon clearly and unambiguously suggests when Twitter dumped Trump, it took away his soapbox and cut his connection to his supporters. There, now, that wasn’t hard. Amazon cut Parler off, another victory for progressives.

Incidentally, Parler is back up, but not with Amazon. Never heard about this one until the news of its demise was announced. 

how did Presidents communicate to the American people before twitter?

Smoke signals?

you're really ridiculous.

Quick, somebody find the president of the United States a soapbox.

mtierney said:

nohero said:

oh, and it doesn't clearly suggest any such thing. why is the octopus (?) grappling the Capitol? What does that have to do with Trump?

drummerboy said:

naturally they released this enormous pile of crapola on MLK day.

The slap in the face is not just that this pile of revisionism was released on MLK day, but they take his words and deceptively claim that his words support their spin on American history.

mtierney said:

Huh, I would have thought "people opposed to a violent attack on our democracy" included more than just "progessives."

Actually, I'm pretty sure it does. How do you identify politically? Because it seems a terrible slander against conservatives to call yourself one.

ridski said:

mtierney said:

Life is too short, nohero

Parler's back up. Here's what Parler captured that day.

https://projects.propublica.org/parler-capitol-videos/

lots of twitter chatter saying Parler is running on Russian servers.

drummerboy said:

ridski said:

mtierney said:

Yes, checks out.  Now Trump and white terror groups in the US are effectively broadcasting and colluding from Russia and only Russia can surveil the forum.  Parler should be shut down and forced to locate its business and employees outside the US.

drummerboy said:

ridski said:

mtierney said:

That's what I'm reading too.

Also, the 1776 project reads like it Stephen Miller copied a bunch of stuff from the websites of North Korea and Turkmenistan and replaced [country _name] with "America".

And that's apparently because it almost was. Some of it is lifted from here: https://isi.org/intercollegiate-review/rule-of-law-the-great-foundation-of-our-constitution/

It hit at 26% plagiarized from Turnitin.

And Parler's domain registrar, epik.com, was possibly purchased a few days ago and off-shored. 

Updated Date: 2021-01-11T19:28:03Z

nohero said:

All of them?

The generous reading of the cartoon would be that it's purposefully an allusion to the famous standard oil cartoon. The ungenerous reading is that it's plagiarizing it.

Given the fact that five people died and some of the rioters were hoping to capture or kill VP Pence, Speaker Pelosi, and possibly others, I'm not feeling all that generous.

drummerboy said:

oh, and it doesn't clearly suggest any such thing. why is the octopus (?) grappling the Capitol? What does that have to do with Trump?

Try harder.

Try dialing your IQ back and look at it again.

(I'm sorry, would that statement hurt the feelings of the nice people who went to the Capitol to bash in the heads of the police officers?)

is that cartoon suggesting that only progressives are glad the Capitol insurrection was thwarted?

ml1 said:

is that cartoon suggesting that only progressives are glad the Capitol insurrection was thwarted?

Like I said, the cartoon makes a pretty brutal accusation against anyone who doesn't identify as "progressive."

mtierney said:

drummerboy said:

Try harder.

Is it meant to be ironic? The tentacles of Big Tech all over the capitol building, not quashing the insurrection at all, and Progressives are thinking them anyway? I mean, short of being The Amazing Kreskin, or Amy Adams in Arrival, how are we meant to interpret it? It's not really communicating on a human level.

Anyway. We were promised Krakens. Where are our Krakens?!

ridski said:

mtierney said:

drummerboy said:

Try harder.

Is it meant to be ironic? The tentacles of Big Tech all over the capitol building, not quashing the insurrection at all, and Progressives are thinking them anyway? I mean, short of being The Amazing Kreskin, or Amy Adams in Arrival, how are we meant to interpret it? It's not really communicating on a human level.

I was on stage with Kreskin at Seton Hall many years ago for an audience participation bit.  He was pretty amazing, but he probably wouldn't be able to figure out that dopey cartoon.

ridski said:

mtierney said:

drummerboy said:

Try harder.

Do you really think it knows what the cartoonist meant in that drawing; I mean other than 'Progressives bad'

And if it did, what makes you think it would explain it?  

Your time and thought would be better spent trying to convince me that it has some amount of humanity left in it.

Red_Barchetta said:

Your time and thought would be better spent trying to convince me that it has some amount of humanity left in it.

I shall refer the learned person from Moving Pictures to my earlier statement and yield the balance of my time.

"President Trump has talked in recent days with associates about forming a new political party, according to people familiar with the matter, an effort to exert continued influence after he leaves the White House.

Mr. Trump discussed the matter with several aides and other people close to him last week, the people said. The president said he would want to call the new party the “Patriot Party,” the people said."

WSJ 

cramer said:

"President Trump has talked in recent days with associates about forming a new political party, according to people familiar with the matter, an effort to exert continued influence after he leaves the White House.

Mr. Trump discussed the matter with several aides and other people close to him last week, the people said. The president said he would want to call the new party the “Patriot Party,” the people said."

WSJ 

how about the Know Nothings?

ml1 said:

cramer said:

WSJ 

how about the Know Nothings?

The Deplorables

drummerboy said:

The Deplorables

That's some act.  What do you call yourselves?

The Aristocrats!

Trump takes off in Air Force One, to a soundtrack that finishes with "My Way".

"To say all the things he truly feels/And not the words of one who kneels/The record shows, I took the blows/But I did it my way"

Then the scene switches to Joe Biden at Mass.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.