Springsteen to tour ... archived

Ok, so i was gonna hold out for the stadium leg or maybe the Prudential show...but i couldn't wait so I'm going tomorrow night!!! I'm souped!!!

badscooter said:

Ok, so i was gonna hold out for the stadium leg or maybe the Prudential show...but i couldn't wait so I'm going tomorrow night!!! I'm souped!!!

I'm going tomorrow too ... Volunteering with the Community Food Bank of NJ ... If you're going, bring five cans of food for a chance to win an upgrade to the Pit!

http://www.njfoodbank.org/blog/3927/springsteen-food-drive-and-seat-upgrade

Terrific show last night ... I thought most of the new songs worked live ... Jack of All Trades is the "bathroom song" and kind of sucks the life out of the place ... But it was a top-notch show ...

Soul_29 said:

Terrific show last night ... I thought most of the new songs worked live ... Jack of All Trades is the "bathroom song" and kind of sucks the life out of the place ... But it was a top-notch show ...

Good to know! I felt that Outlaw Pete was the bathroom song of the last tour...convenient, since it was so damn long.

Soul_29 said:

Terrific show last night ... I thought most of the new songs worked live ...

Agreed...It was a really great show. I went both nights (Tuesday and Wednesday) and Wednesday had much higher energy. (plus Racing in the Street, Ramrod, Candy's Room and Trapped!)

Anyone go last night? What a fantastic show. Backstreets is always a winner. Nils did his usual whirling dervish routine during Because The Night. I guess it's too early in the tour to go for the rolls or backflips! I took my 6 year old son and he loved it. Now I want to go to the Rock...

Izod 2 was killer. Nils isn't doing flips anymore since he got his hips replaced. I really wanted to go last night, but ticket process were ridiculous. Definitely gonna try and get to Prudential.

3rd leg announced. 3 shows st MetLife. September 19, 21, and 22.

Who's going tonight?
This is going to be a very Jersey event!

I think I am sitting here.

Totally jealous. I'm in 118, but just happy to be going at all.

buzzsaw said:

I think I am sitting here.

SITTING? SITTING? Don't even think about it! cheese

BTW...you can get a virtual view of what the arena looks like at http://www.seats3d.com/mv/prudential_center/

@michaelgoldberg - Spoken like a veteran of multiple Bruce shows. Sitting is unheard of! grin

Darn close to worst seats in the Rock, but thrilled to be here, rather than tucking in kiddies tonight!

Sec 118 won't be bad at all. we were in the equivalent of Sec 116 in the LA Sports Arena last week and it looked like this:

There are worse seats in the Rock than that. I sat in the very top row of the upper deck for Foo Fighters. (Hell of a show, by the way.) Anyway, you're there and I'm not, so save the bellyaching! ;-)

I'm not bellyaching! The seats were better than fine. And the show was AWESOME.

another great show...and ran into susan1014 & Co. on the way out (definitely not in the worst seats)

WOW. That was FUN!
I am deaf.
I was inches from Soozie Tyrell. I think she likes me.

The weight!

No Surrender
We Take Care of Our Own
Wrecking Ball
Badlands
Death to My Hometown
My City of Ruins
Bishop Danced
Hard To Be A Saint In The City
Jack of All Trades
Candy's Room
She's The One
Shackled & Drawn
Waitin' On a Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Talk to Me
Apollo Medley
The Rising
Lonesome Day
We Are Alive
Land Of Hopes And Dreams
The Weight
Rocky Ground
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
Rosalita
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

Oh - it should be pointed out that Patti stayed home last night. Another bonus!

jonsel said:

There are worse seats in the Rock than that. I sat in the very top row of the upper deck for Foo Fighters. (Hell of a show, by the way.) Anyway, you're there and I'm not, so save the bellyaching! ;-)

Yep, I'm not complaining either...Show was amazing, as ever! Blessing the babysitter (and her shift scheduler) for being available late on a weeknight so that I could actually go.

Seats were quirky, but amazing in their own way (next to top row, behind the stage). Gave a real perspective on how many people work in the lighting rigging and behind/beside the stage, as well as a new view of the interplay between the musicians (and of Bruce's backside).

(But I can't figure out how to attach the picture, so never mind)

I am DEAF. I forgot to wear old man ear plugs

@susan1014 - Those seats were surprisingly good. We were in the 9th row of 118, so still fairly high up, and had a fantastic view. Granted, yes, mostly of Bruce's tush, but I've seen worse.

@buzzsaw - Tissues/napkins work in a pinch. The decibel level at a Bruce show is way too high to go unprotected.

I'm still a little hoarse.

buzzsaw said:

WOW. That was FUN!
I am deaf.
I was inches from Soozie Tyrell. I think she likes me.

The weight!

No Surrender
We Take Care of Our Own
Wrecking Ball
Badlands
Death to My Hometown
My City of Ruins
Bishop Danced
Hard To Be A Saint In The City
Jack of All Trades
Candy's Room
She's The One
Shackled & Drawn
Waitin' On a Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Talk to Me
Apollo Medley
The Rising
Lonesome Day
We Are Alive
Land Of Hopes And Dreams
The Weight
Rocky Ground
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
Rosalita
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

That's a helluva set list. Love the song combinations, and trying to imagine the transitions between songs. Any ones stand out, for those who were there?

[Edited to add] And if I was told, "You can get in for just one song", I would have gone for "Bishop Danced", just 'cause I believe it's among the rarest of old rarities.

ess said:

Oh - it should be pointed out that Patti stayed home last night. Another bonus!

I'm right there with ya on that one.

@nohero - Transitions, or songs?

ess said:

@nohero - Transitions, or songs?

Anything, I'm easy (and jealous). I just was struck by how so many of the songs related thematically or musically, and sometimes he has some great segues from one song to another.

One item of note: the encores. After the band took a bow, they went right into the next songs. I liked that there wasn't any of that faux "good night, everyone!" only to have them return. Kept the energy high for the full almost three hours.

I love Darkness on the Edge of Town, so Badlands is always exciting, but last night, I heard Candy's Room live for the first time. It's even better live than I'd imagined.

Interesting to me that Bruce has 17 (yes?) studio albums, but played songs from only seven of them. No complaints. I'd happily see a show where he played the entire Born to Run, Darkness, and The Rising albums.

You can not reply as this discussion is Closed!

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!