Serious Question: Is Trump a Nazi?

If Trump came to the podium wearing a swastika on his lapel, how far would his poll numbers actually drop? And, perhaps more to the point, would they still be down a month from now? Troubling food for thought.

Trump's new lapel pin

unicorn33 said:

If Trump came to the podium wearing a swastika on his lapel, how far would his poll numbers actually drop? And, perhaps more to the point, would they still be down a month from now? Troubling food for thought.

Wasn't Trump the one who said that if he shot someone on 5th Ave they would still vote for him? Also, that he loves the uneducated.

LOST said:

I posted a link back in the Spring to an article calling Trump a Fascist and one of the responses is that it was just mud-slinging.

When a candidate begins his campaign by attacking an ethnic minority as drug peddlers and racists, continues with calling for people to be banned from entering the country based solely on their religion, encourages violence,,advocates for torture and proposes attacking the ships of a foreign country solely for dissing US personnel what term should we use to describe his politics?

I posted that 11 months ago.  It was the fourth post on this thread which was started that day.

So I am "shocked, shocked" by what Trump said yesterday.

Right, but now white supremacists have been murderously violent, and he patted them on the back while he was president. There's a difference between then and now.

Here was my response way back when. I think "appealing to the worst aspects of human nature" now looks like quite an understatement. 

ml1 said:

I'm not sure how important the label we slap on Trump is. He's astoundingly ignorant, incredibly narcissistic and thin-skinned, and he's appealing to the worst aspects of human nature. Does it matter if he's literally a Nazi?

He's not a Nazi. But he supports and enables real Nazis because they are narcissistic supply for him. A narcissist needs "supply" like humans need water. He would enable and support and appear to be a member of any group that praised him. 

shoshannah said:

He's not a Nazi. But he supports and enables real Nazis because they are narcissistic supply for him. A narcissist needs "supply" like humans need water. He would enable and support and appear to be a member of any group that praised him. 

Gross.

Congress won't disavow him until he starts quoting Hitler. It's disgusting.

I'm thinking he is a NAZI. Didn't his ex-wife, Ivanka, say Trump kept Hitler's speeches by his bedside to read?

Its reported by some that Trump is evenly blaming both sides. A lie. Just like this Trump lie:

“You had a group on the other side that came charging in without a permit, and they were very, very violent. . . . You had a lot of people in that [white nationalist] group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest, because you know — I don’t know if you know — they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit.” — President Trump, remarks during a news conference on infrastructure, Aug. 15, 2017

The fact is the "other side" had permits.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/08/16/president-trumps-false-claim-that-counter-demonstrators-lacked-a-permit/

Trump has shown he supports the Nazis and that he lies in order to support and enable them.

I wish the media would grow a pair and say Trump "lies" or "lied" instead of "misleading" or "false".

unicorn33 said:

Wouldn't count on it. Maybe at the next State of the Union Trump can lead with his rendition of the "Horst-Wessel-Lied".

unicorn33 said:

The GOP cowards would probably disavow Hitler w/o mentioning their president and party leader.

GL2 said:

unicorn33 said:

The GOP cowards would probably disavow Hitler w/o mentioning their president and party leader.

And some on the Right would say that Hitler was horrible but he said some good things.

On September 16, 2016 at 3:21 PM you replied to the OP:

ice said:

No, that is not a serious question. Grow up.

Would you like to reconsider?

more food for thought

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1689526

The past bloody weekend in Charlottesville shows that Donald Trump’s “alt-right” supporters are — wait for it — actual Nazis. Anyone marching among Swastikas no longer gets a pass for worn-out platitudes about southern heritage. President Trump’s defense of their rally shows that he is taking their side. The Nazi side.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Help Wanted

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!