Serious Question: Is Trump a Nazi?

Well, that's nice. I suppose Hitler-lite is better than the real deal.

MGonz said:

Trump is not Hitler and Trump is not a Nazi. If Hitler and the Nazis are a 100, Trump would be a 75 at most.

MGonz said:

Trump is not Hitler and Trump is not a Nazi. If Hitler and the Nazis are a 100, Trump would be a 75 at most.

Only 3/4 as bad as Hitler! That's not reassuring.

Given the powers that the executive has already assumed without object from U.S. citizens -- torturing prisoners, permanent imprisonment of "terrorists," domestic spying, etc, -- how can anyone say with certainty that Trump wouldn't use a major terrorist incident to turn those methods against citizens? A bomb going off in Times Square with ISIS taking responsibility could be the end of a lot of freedoms in this country whomever was president. With Trump in the White House, one can only guess what his reaction would be. And with the majority of citizens truly terrorized, who can say anyone would stop him?

75 years ago today 34,000 Jews were killed in 48 hours by the Nazis at Babi Yar.

That was what the Nazis were.

It trivializes what the Nazis did to call Trump one.

you don't think Trump has it in him to ship millions of U.S. Muslims off to internment camps?

It trivializes the Nazis to use it on anyone we don't like in politics (e.g. **** Cheney). But making comparisons to someone that even you agree is probably 75/100ths as bad as the Nazis is by no means "trivializing" it.

I think Trump could create a crisis to round up Muslims. I do not think he would them kill them all.

no one said he would bring another holocaust, but by your response I'd say you are just about this close to agreeing with the premise. your only objection is that the term nazi was used instead of white supremacist fascist bigot.

Yes that is pretty much my objection.

Only a few people can be properly compared with Hitler and the Nazis. King Leopold & Pol Pot definitely, maybe Stalin and Mao. That is about it.

MGonz said:

Yes that is pretty much my objection.

Only a few people can be properly compared with Hitler and the Nazis. King Leopold & Pol Pot definitely, maybe Stalin and Mao. That is about it.

in retrospect, of course.

I think the fact that a lot of people think it's possible that Trump is capable of doing virtually anything the Nazis did except send people to mass graves is pretty telling. And pretty chilling.

MGonz said:

75 years ago today 34,000 Jews were killed in 48 hours by the Nazis at Babi Yar.

That was what the Nazis were.

It trivializes what the Nazis did to call Trump one.

75% of 34,000 is 25,500.

I can't believe this thread continues. The answer is no, he's not a Nazi. If someone tells you differently, ignore them, it's not worth the hassle.

algebra2 said:

I can't believe this thread continues. The answer is no, he's not a Nazi. If someone tells you differently, ignore them, it's not worth the hassle.

You should keep coming back to check. That way, you can keep saying the same thing, repeatedly showing that you miss the point entirely.

Were they Nazis because of what they did or what they believed? Because, certainly, we have more than a few citizens who believe what the German Nazis believed and are every bit as brutal.

I don't believe the Trump is a Nazi by any means, but he is demonstrably capable of the type of demagoguery that arouses these groups.

There is no point.

mjh said:

algebra2 said:

You should keep coming back to check. That way, you can keep saying the same thing, repeatedly showing that you miss the point entirely.

do we think Trump is capable of putting Muslim Americans or Mexican-Americans in internment camps? Or authorizing a network of domestic spies let loose on American citizens who displease him? Ordering the torture of people he deems "terrorists?" Using police forces to intimidate Latin American or Muslim communities? Start wars or vast bombing campaigns against other countries for self-aggrandizement? I think he's capable of all of those things. If someone bombs the Washington Monument do we think most Americans would support his doing any or all of those things?

The notion that he would or could do all those things and that under the right circumstances most Americans would support it is enough reason to be very concerned if Trump were elected.

OK, he's not a Nazi. But at 3/4 of a Nazi or 80% of a Nazi, he's not someone who should be getting this close to the White House. And yet he is. And he may make it all the way there.

algebra2 said:

There is no point.

The point is that when a politician attacks ethnic and religious minorities, encourages or condones violence by his supporters against his opponents, advocates torture, argues that everyone is corrupt except him and that the country is facing an existential threat and only he can save it, some people are reminded of Adolph Hitler.

And what ml1 was posting while I was writing

I happen to think Trump personally is capable of ordering mass executions. I don't think that under any circumstances he could get Americans to carry out his orders. But in a country where his military would, I believe he'd be capable of having thousands of people executed.

ml1 said:

I happen to think Trump personally is capable of ordering mass executions. I don't think that under any circumstances he could get Americans to carry out his orders. But in a country where his military would, I believe he'd be capable of having thousands of people executed.

I don't believe that. But I am not sure that he would object if one of his minions suggested it.

tjohn said:

Were they Nazis because of what they did or what they believed? Because, certainly, we have more than a few citizens who believe what the German Nazis believed and are every bit as brutal.

I don't believe the Trump is a Nazi by any means, but he is demonstrably capable of the type of demagoguery that arouses these groups.

They were fascist and racists because of what they believed. They were Nazis for what they did.

Well, that certainly isn't true since they were called Nazis well before the mass deportation and mass killing started.

A tropical storm is named at the beginning. Mostly the names are reused in a cycle. But when a storm is very damaging like Andrew, Katrina or Sandy the name is removed and never used again. The Naxis were such a storm.

Looks like he's finally gotten around to spouting overt antisemitism (or at least concealed by the thinnest possible veneer of coded language).

Ivana Trump said Donald Trump kept a book of Hilter's speeches by his bedside, which he would read. Inspiring?

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8

Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her
husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, My New Order, which
he keeps in a cabinet by his bed

When Brenner asked Trump about how he came to possess Hitler's speeches, "Trump hesitated" and then said, "Who told you that?"

Trump then recalled, "Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of 'Mein Kampf,' and he's a Jew."

Brenner added that Davis did acknowledge that he gave Trump a book about Hitler.

"But it was 'My New Order,' Hitler's speeches, not 'Mein Kampf,'" Davis reportedly said. "I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I'm not Jewish."

How many of you here can say you Hilter's speeches by your beds, to read?

NYT is reporting that they have evidence from reliable sources that Trump is in fact D.B. Cooper. This should be proverbial the nail in the coffin.

Does anyone doubt it now?  Full fledged card carrying member of the KKK at the minimum

To use a somewhat antiquated phrase I would call him a fellow traveler. 

But basically his statements yesterday pretty much just repeated the line Hannity and Limbaugh have been pushing that "good people" are seeing their "culture" attacked and today it is Lee tomorrow it will be Washington. He is clearly listening to them and is a ditto head. 

I don't think Trump is a Nazi. That would imply adhering to an idea. Trump is stupid, ignorant, hateful, and malleable enough to be used by Nazis, which seems to have happened.

This disgrace is on the GOP to confront. If only they had the courage.

there seems to be some confusion over exactly what Trump said yesterday about the alt-right.  But it's telling that nobody seems convinced that the President of the United states absolutely didn't refer to a group of fascists as "us."

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this transcript quoted Trump as saying, "Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us – excuse me." In a review of the audio, we could not definitively discern Trump's exact words at that moment in the news conference. The transcript has been updated to now read: "Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at [indiscernible] – excuse me."
http://www.politico.com/story/...

In Trump's America, a Klan leader speaks:

“I’m sorta glad that them people got hit and I’m glad that girl died,” Moore said in a voicemail to WBTV. “They were a bunch of Communists out there protesting against somebody’s freedom of speech, so it doesn’t bother me that they got hurt at all.”

Moore went on to say that he thinks “we’re going to see more stuff like this happening at white nationalist events.”

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.