Maplewood Motorcyclists?

Uploaded the some pics of the bikes at the Bikes & Breakfast event

http://imgur.com/a/8Xmn5

@marcsiry thanks for the great route and @spysonic thanks for the photos. This was my first ride and I did more miles in one day than all the miles in the last 20 years oh oh good times.

So bummed I missed it! Had family events to attend.

Anyone up for this weekend? Pre Father's Day ride anyone? I'm thinking that from now on even if we don't go ride, we could do a meetup at the train first and then the people who want to go can, in an effort to keep momentum up and build community and all.

mja said:

So bummed I missed it! Had family events to attend.

Anyone up for this weekend? Pre Father's Day ride anyone? I'm thinking that from now on even if we don't go ride, we could do a meetup at the train first and then the people who want to go can, in an effort to keep momentum up and build community and all.

Should have my bike back by next weekend. If so I'm game.

i am happy to come and ride for a couple of hours...

I might be able to get out as well - will have to get the hall pass signed. What day we thinking?

I'm thinking Saturday

Is anyone still doing this? This is the first weekend of no golf/kid events planned.

I'll tell mja to check this thread, but I know Saturday would be a no-go for him; weather looks rough Sunday...

Finally got my bike back. I'll keep watching this thread for the next ride.

Hope none of us is the idiot riding around SO on the red sport bike with what sounds like no muffler at all. This is probably most of the reason some people hate bikes.

I know exactly who you mean, his bike is noisey as heck, and he is usually doing about sixty on Ridgewood, we have a Harley, no where near as loud, how obnoxious he is!

Nope, still Italian, still muffled. I agree, loud pipes lose friends!

emmie said:

I know exactly who you mean, his bike is noisey as heck, and he is usually doing about sixty on Ridgewood, we have a Harley, no where near as loud, how obnoxious he is!

Yep, that's him. He's got no regard for anyone in the neighborhood. It's 9:20 and he's back out there. Hate to call the cops for somone on 2 but if he makes another lap I'm calling.

saw him a couple of times on Wyoming ave in SO this past weekend

Just went flying down my street about 10 minutes ago, so loud, I knew exactly who it was!

Did home slice just go by? I heard something zoom past, either Wyoming or Ridgewood. We're above Wyoming and I heard it through closed windows, an a/c unit, and a white noise machine!

What a bike!!!!! superb... oh oh oh oh

ClydeBorg said:

What a bike!!!!! superb... oh oh oh oh

Yeah, and with an obvious level 3 guy on board. You can tell by the way he sticks his knee out to negotiate the curve on Ridgewood. Real MotoGP type stuff there. (Insert appropriate emoticon here)

What a fargen tool that dude is!!

Greetings,
New to the site, never knew we have riders in maplewood. Your last morning run have a lot of fine rides, my bike is dated circa 1980, but should be able to keep up. When and where is the next run?

May be a strange time bringing up a motorcycle thread in the middle of a nor'easter smile but I wanted to chime in that I'm back on the saddle -- got myself a 2001 Harley Sportster for next season! It was not a planned purchase, more like it fell on my lap kind of deal, where a friend was desperate to get rid of the bike. Since I wont get to ride it this season, I've been spending any 40F+ days working on it, changing handlebars, levers, mirrors, lights, etc, etc. Basically taking it from stock to my own.

Having said that, I wanted to remind everyone to do your yearly winterizing work -- put the battery on a trickle charger, change the fluids (if you like to do so before the winter), add sta-bil or other gas stabilizer to a full tank of gas, clean and cover the bike to let her sleep well for the winter.

Can't wait to ride with the group next season!

Congrats, @Seaweed. Looking forward to seeing you and the Hog out on the road when it warms up!

Crazy as it may sound, at the direction of my doctor I may be switching to some sort of hog or at least a cruiser next season as well. Got some time on a Street Glide this past season and loved just about everything except it was underpowered and a touch cramped. I may end up on a M109 or something similar to the Glide like a Victory. Probably rode 15 different cruisers last season just because I like to go to test ride events. Never thought I might be on one for real though.

Try a Moto Guzzi California 1400 on for size before you decide, @GGartrell~

Thanks @marcsiry!

@GGartrell I actually never saw myself on a cruiser in the past, always loved sports bikes, but after the one ride I took on my new bike, it's like riding on a pillow oh oh

seaweed said:

Thanks @marcsiry!

@GGartrell I actually never saw myself on a cruiser in the past, always loved sports bikes, but after the one ride I took on my new bike, it's like riding on a pillow oh oh

I'm getting up there in age so riding my bike has become more of an athletic endeavor including the day after side effects. I was on my way to an F6B or regular wing as it was so its really no surprise.

I understand the appeal of cruisers- I rode a Moto Guzzi Eldorado for 20+ years- I just can't get used to the feet-forward position. My Guzzi had floorboards, so it was more of a 'standard' style seating position with the comfort (saddle) of cruiser. (Not my Eldo, but the same year and representative of the breed).

Doc says I need to be sitting on my @22 and get pressure of my taint. Sorry for the non scientific description but I forgot the terms he actually used. Anyway, feet forward is what the proverbial Doctor ordered. Just found out my neighbor in Massachusetts is getting rid of a Rocket 3. I'm gonna try and shoot up there over the Christmas break and take a look. Might be a happy medium. I test rode one a while back but I was so wrapped up in the torque I remember little about the seating position.

Soooo did everyone dust off their bikes yet?

Yup. 

[eta: imagine photo here that isn't uploading from my phone for some reason].

seaweed said:

Soooo did everyone dust off their bikes yet?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!