GOP2020: What Becomes Of The Collaborators Post-Trump?

Sure was a treat watching MBS and Putin yukkin' it up at G20. Wonder what (who?) they're laughing about.

Mutual gloating. No need to worry about the buffoon in the White House. Human rights out, authoritarianism in. Tomorrow belongs to us. Hooray.

"Polonium is nice, but I prefer the old bone saw. Messy, but no lingering radiation."

"And Melania's Xmas decorations remind me of our embassy walls when we tuned up Jamal."

Straight out of a Stephen King novel.

GL2 said:
"And Melania's Xmas decorations remind me of our embassy walls when we tuned up Jamal."

Is this picture for real?

"I would kill for a steak chimichurri right now"

gerritn said:

GL2 said:
Is this picture for real?

Unfortunately, very real.

gerritn said:

I obviously would not agree with it, but from trumps perspective, I just cannot figure out why he hasn't fired Mueller a long time ago already. If he had done it in the last 12+ months he would have had republicans covering him in senate and house, but now he is looking a democratic house that would give him a real hard time over it. And on the other hand, the longer Mueller continues the more material he will uncover that are terrible for him. Possibly to the point where he or is family or company get into legal trouble. There is zero benefit for him to wait with this for so long. This is very perplexing to me.

Trump, I believe, is terrified of Mueller. The only thing Mueller fears is falling short of defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. (A concept completely lost on Trump.)  I believe that Mueller is fully prepared for Trump to fire him and has carefully placed bread crumb seeds for the investigation to continue sprouting.  IMHO, this past week has been a major, really bad turning point for Trump, his family and friends.  It would not be too far-fetched to say that this is the end game of Trump's presidency.  

DottyParker said:

Trump, I believe, is terrified of Mueller. The only thing Mueller fears is falling short of defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. (A concept completely lost on Trump.)  I believe that Mueller is fully prepared for Trump to fire him and has carefully placed bread crumb seeds for the investigation to continue sprouting.  IMHO, this past week has been a major, really bad turning point for Trump, his family and friends.  It would not be too far-fetched to say that this is the end game of Trump's presidency.  

I agree. That's why it is so mind-boggling to me that he didn't fire him on day 1, so that he could not leave all these bread crumbs. Oh, and by the way, the longer he lets Mueller continue, the worse it is going to get. 

"Kill anybody today?"  "The day's not over yet."

Someone explain the picture in cramer's post. I suspect it's from a film I have not seen, perhaps Game of Thrones.

LOST said:
Someone explain the picture in cramer's post. I suspect it's from a film I have not seen, perhaps Game of Thrones.

Melisandre - the Red Woman, in Game of Thrones 

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Melisandre

DottyParker said:

I believe that Mueller is fully prepared for Trump to fire him and has carefully placed bread crumb seeds for the investigation to continue sprouting.  IMHO, this past week has been a major, really bad turning point for Trump, his family and friends.  It would not be too far-fetched to say that this is the end game of Trump's presidency.  

It's over when Trump has been staked a la vampire. Not before then,.

DaveSchmidt said:
Yes.

it's an improvement from last year, which looked like a set from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

ml1 said:

DaveSchmidt said:
Yes.

it's an improvement from last year, which looked like a set from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

It's all Eastern European humor

DottyParker said:
Trump, I believe, is terrified of Mueller. The only thing Mueller fears is falling short of defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. (A concept completely lost on Trump.)

Trump is literally, no kidding, an Enemy of the State.

A government by social contract of the people bound by constitution and laws.

BG9 said:

DottyParker said:
Trump, I believe, is terrified of Mueller. The only thing Mueller fears is falling short of defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. (A concept completely lost on Trump.)

By your definition, the GOP is also an enemy of the state, because they do not challenge him and provide no checks and balances.

gerritn said:

DottyParker said:

I agree. That's why it is so mind-boggling to me that he didn't fire him on day 1, so that he could not leave all these bread crumbs. Oh, and by the way, the longer he lets Mueller continue, the worse it is going to get. 

Check out this clip (25:46) -- "The Art of the Compromise" -- from the Rachel Maddow Show.  Stay with it as Maddow gives her take in tying up the loose ends.  It's like working a hidden object game when the hardest item to locate winds up being the most obvious -- right smack in front of you.  I don't think that Trump will resign, but his presidency will be hobbled by an ongoing stew of drama that will drag out for the rest of his term.  

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/lifting-russian-sanctions-key-to-trump-deal-exposed-by-cohen-1385505347911

DottyParker said:

gerritn said:

DottyParker said:

Check out this clip (25:46) -- "The Art of the Compromise" -- from the Rachel Maddow Show.  Stay with it as Maddow gives her take in tying up the loose ends.  It's like working a hidden object game when the hardest item to locate winds up being the most obvious -- right smack in front of you.  I don't think that Trump will resign, but his presidency will be hobbled by an ongoing stew of drama that will drag out for the rest of his term.  

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/lifting-russian-sanctions-key-to-trump-deal-exposed-by-cohen-1385505347911

I watched it, it's a fun story, but if it is true these guys (trump, cohen, flynn, sater) are incredibly amateuristic

cramer said:

LOST said:
Melisandre - the Red Woman, in Game of Thrones 
https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Melisandre

Thank you

gerritn said:

BG9 said:

DottyParker said:
By your definition, the GOP is also an enemy of the state, because they do not challenge him and provide no checks and balances.

It's so satisfying to read his cowardly tweets (a congenital liar, he can't hold his own in any interview situations or spontaneous remarks) which reveal that he's "squirmin' like a toad" (apologies to Jim Morrison). 

After all the anxiety he's caused people around the country, it's nice to know he suffers as well. 

Season's greetings, A$$hole.

GL2 said:

They look better with the tree toppers on them.

GL2 said:
Sure was a treat watching MBS and Putin yukkin' it up at G20. Wonder what (who?) they're laughing about.

"Let's get those oil prices back up."

But priceless oh oh 

Shoot! If only we'd known we elected a grifter.  

Trump on Coming Debt Crisis: ‘I Won’t Be Here’ When It Blows Up

The president thinks the balancing of the nation’s books is going to, ultimately, be a future president’s problem.

Since the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump’s aides and advisers have tried to convince him of the importance of tackling the national debt.

Sources close to the president say he has repeatedly shrugged it off, implying that he doesn’t have to worry about the money owed to America’s creditors—currently about $21 trillion—because he won’t be around to shoulder the blame when it becomes even more untenable. 

The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office. 

“Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt.

dailybeast.com

GL2 said:
Shoot! If only we'd known we elected a grifter.  

Trump on Coming Debt Crisis: ‘I Won’t Be Here’ When It Blows Up

The president thinks the balancing of the nation’s books is going to, ultimately, be a future president’s problem.
Since the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump’s aides and advisers have tried to convince him of the importance of tackling the national debt.
Sources close to the president say he has repeatedly shrugged it off, implying that he doesn’t have to worry about the money owed to America’s creditors—currently about $21 trillion—because he won’t be around to shoulder the blame when it becomes even more untenable. 
The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office. 
“Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt.

dailybeast.com

Explains his stance on Global Warming as well.

And pretty much everything...

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.