Crosswalks?

We had a big sign in a crosswalk near me (on Prospect Street). I got totaled within 24 hours of being placed there and was not replaced LOL

Black_Panther said:
Trying to cross on Prospect in certain spots is bad As I've almost been hit, but pulling out on to prospect while driving is tough too at times. I once was trying to make a left turn out, I think from on Third st. where you have to ease out because you can't see anything. I'm going to make the turn and some car is barreling down prospect and almost hits me.

Do I correctly understand that you entered an intersection while being unable to see on-coming cross traffic?

The other person shouldn't have been barreling, but still...

TomR

The issue is significantly compounded by all the speeding around town. If you're going 25 on Prospect, chances are pretty high you can stop in time should someone jump out into the crosswalk. If you're going the 15 mph on Maplewood Avenue in the Village, you will certainly be able to stop. But, folks are going 45 or even 50 on Valley...40 to 45 on Prospect...30 or more on Maplewood Avenue...it doesn't leave much of a margin for safety...

Tom_R said:

Black_Panther said:
Trying to cross on Prospect in certain spots is bad As I've almost been hit, but pulling out on to prospect while driving is tough too at times. I once was trying to make a left turn out, I think from on Third st. where you have to ease out because you can't see anything. I'm going to make the turn and some car is barreling down prospect and almost hits me.
Do I correctly understand that you entered an intersection while being unable to see on-coming cross traffic?
TomR

richiekess said:
The issue is significantly compounded by all the speeding around town. If you're going 25 on Prospect, chances are pretty high you can stop in time should someone jump out into the crosswalk. If you're going the 15 mph on Maplewood Avenue in the Village, you will certainly be able to stop. But, folks are going 45 or even 50 on Valley...40 to 45 on Prospect...30 or more on Maplewood Avenue...it doesn't leave much of a margin for safety...

I was clear to make the turn but the person was speeding down the street after checking my left then my right, they were safe enough away but came right on me when I made the turn. It's not like I was merging slowly on a highway. Like Richie is saying it's difficult to do anything when people are driving at high speeds like that be it cross the street or make a right or left turn, I wouldn't be surprised if speed humps start showing up

Tom_R said:

Black_Panther said:
TomR

Yeah, I usually back up all the way home when I come to a blind intersection.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Help Wanted

Advertisement

Advertise here!