Bring Out Your Dead! The celebrity death thread....

He battled drug problems and often looked like he wasn't well. To Jackson's point, in college, GM was the man. Black radio played him all the time and no one batted an eye. Good music is good music. Period.

Sounds corny, but drugs are the devil. Michael, Rick James, Prince, Whitney...I'm sure you guys could list many as well. The body can only take so much of the back and forth. May he be in peace.

Pure joy. Dance to this song and you will levitate!

Passed away peacefully at home with his family sounds like he was struggling with some illness and it was expected. Could very likely have been cancer of some sort. Very sad whatever it was!!

thats what I thought. That would be weird language for someone who died suddenly of a heart attack. I think they are anything but peaceful

Just saw the announcement that George S. Irving has died. He was a well-known Broadway performer, and also starred in a number of Paper Mill productions. He had a long and happy life, and brought pleasure to many theatergoers.

can't think where I read it, however the severe pneumonia episode a few years back left him with some cardiac issues generally managed well enough for people not to know.

(FWIW, a friend has recently been hospitalised in ICU with influenza A because her BP screamed to outrageous levels within 12hours as a fever raged and her heart couldn't cope; she spent most of a week there and barely lasted two days out before being readmitted.)

If you were a Vicar of Dibley fan, this will be sad news:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/dec/26/the-royle-family-actress-liz-smith-has-died-aged-95-a-spokeswoman-for-her

95 years of age certainly is a worthy age; performing well into your 80s is a grand career.

Edited to add: oh! And Vera Rubin! Extraordinary astronomer, discoverer of dark matter:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/dec/26/vera-rubin-pioneering-astronomer-dark-matter-died-aged-88

cody said:

Just saw the announcement that George S. Irving has died. He was a well-known Broadway performer, and also starred in a number of Paper Mill productions. He had a long and happy life, and brought pleasure to many theatergoers.

Mr. Heat Miser!

(And one version of Edith Bunker's well-to-do cousin-in-law, the other being Richard Dysart.)

kibbegirl said:

Black radio played him all the time and no one batted an eye. Good music is good music. Period.

Profanity warning.

Carrie Fisher has died...

her mom outlived her...

Debbie Reynolds, mom of Carrie Fisher, just died.

Wow.That lady was a trooper. Probably just too much...

Jesus, how very sad and beautiful at the same time. The year just keeps on giving, doesn't it?

the Beatles' first manager...announced 30 Dec:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38473742

And announced an hour or so ago, William Christopher , from M.A.S.H.

Even though in their mid-80s, notable people for some of us, and certainly people who influenced the way a generation responded to performing arts.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/mash-william-christopher-dead-84-father-mulcahy-1201950747/

Dick Gautier, Who Played a Rock Star in ‘Bye Bye Birdie,’ Is Dead

... and Hymie the Robot, and Robin Hood, and probably one of the celebrity game shows you were watching while home sick from school in the '70s.

DaveSchmidt said:

Dick Gautier, Who Played a Rock Star in ‘Bye Bye Birdie,’ Is Dead

... and Hymie the Robot, and Robin Hood, and probably one of the celebrity game shows you were watching while home sick from school in the '70s.

He and his wife were frequently on "Tattletales." Pre-social media, that was how minor celebrity couples broadcast their amusing household anecdotes.

Miguel Ferrer died on Thursday from cancer at the age of 61, and now a number of celebrities, including his cousin George Clooney, are reacting to the actor’s death. Ferrer, who starred on “NCIS: Los Angeles” and was on “Crossing Jordan,” “Twin Peaks,” as well as in a number of films, such as RoboCop, had battled cancer for a long time before passing away. Survived by his wife Lori and boys Lukas and Rafi, the actor was the son of Rosemary Clooney and Oscar winner Jose Ferrer. Now, stars are sharing their reactions to Ferrer’s death.

In a statement furnished to Gossip Cop on the eve of the inauguration and transfer of power, George Clooney said, “Today history will mark giant changes in our world, and lost to most will be that on the same day Miguel Ferrer lost his battle to throat cancer. But not lost to his family.” He added, “Miguel made the world brighter and funnier and his passing is felt so deeply in our family that events of the day, (monumental events), pale in comparison. We love you Miguel. We always will.”

Roberta Peters, coloratura soprano, passed away yesterday. Very sorry to see this. I enjoyed her singing very much.

I am now grateful for this thread -- since I don't watch the television news any more and Facebook hardly lists anything noteworthy in their newsfeeds.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!