DUMP TRUMP (previously 2020 candidates)

nohero said:

Pence becomes the 46th President of the United States.  He wouldn't be "minding the store".  He or somebody else can run as the GOP candidate in November 2020. 

Of course he would be “minding the store”!

In that setting, by the time it is settled, perhaps late Feb or March, Pence would have one foot in the Oval Office, one foot     in the back room trying to form a campaign committee to develop his campaign strategy, and his head on the block.

Let’s say he doesn’t want the job. He will just keep the seat warm during the interim.That gives the GOP maybe 6 mos to nominate a new candidates

The election would have to be postponed to enable the nominee to campaign across the country and reach out to the voters.

mtierney said:

Of course he would be “minding the store”!

In that setting, by the time it is settled, perhaps late Feb or March, Pence would have one foot in the Oval Office, one foot     in the back room trying to form a campaign committee to develop his campaign strategy, and his head on the block.

Let’s say he doesn’t want the job. He will just keep the seat warm during the interim.That gives the GOP maybe 6 mos to nominate a new candidates

The election would have to be postponed to enable the nominee to campaign across the country and reach out to the voters.

no it wouldn't. It would be plenty of time. 

What would happen if Trump were to die before the election? This is why thr office of VP exists. To provide continuity  

mtierney said:

That's not how it works.  

jamie said:

Tulsi is suing Hillary:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/politics/tulsi-gabbard-hillary-clinton-lawsuit/index.html

Tulsi should be thanking Hillary - it was probably her only time she was actually in the spotlight.  

Tulsi's name wasn't even mentioned.  I suppose Tulsi needs some $ because she'll be out of a job shortly.  

Did Tulsi's attorneys explain to her about "discovery", "interrogatories", "depositions" and "document requests"?

jamie said:

Tulsi is suing Hillary:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/politics/tulsi-gabbard-hillary-clinton-lawsuit/index.html

Tulsi should be thanking Hillary - it was probably her only time she was actually in the spotlight.  

Tulsi's name wasn't even mentioned.  I suppose Tulsi needs some $ because she'll be out of a job shortly.  

From the above link:

The lawsuit stands little chance of success, but it offers Gabbard much-needed publicity for her campaign ahead of the Iowa caucuses next month.

Shameless  question

mtierney said:

When it is a President, running for an election just months away, what would be the outcome? Delaying the election a year to allow for Republicans to nominate someone else? Leaving  Pence to mind the store in the interim? 

Desperation and partisan action have put this nation into the fix it is in. Can’t win at the polls? The voters are disenfranchised in this scenario.

Remember when Hillary Clinton got 3 million more votes at the polls but Donald Trump became President? You didn't seem to be too concerned about "voter disenfranchisement" back then.

Why the sudden interest now?

Klinker said:

mtierney said:

When it is a President, running for an election just months away, what would be the outcome? Delaying the election a year to allow for Republicans to nominate someone else? Leaving  Pence to mind the store in the interim? 

Desperation and partisan action have put this nation into the fix it is in. Can’t win at the polls? The voters are disenfranchised in this scenario.

Remember when Hillary Clinton got 3 million more votes at the polls but Donald Trump became President? You didn't seem to be too concerned about "voter disenfranchisement" back then.

Why the sudden interest now?

What interest? Trump is attempting to preemptively disenfranchise 2020 voters, and her position is that this is all fine.

The Times has a whole article about Biden's shady son Hunter today.  Paragraph after paragraph about his career as a highly paid moron in the Ukraine but not one word about how an overaged coke head managed to get himself a naval commission.

I would really like someone to do a deep dive on this issue.  How did this guy get a commission when anyone else with his history of drug abuse and advanced age would have been rejected?

jamie said:

Tulsi is suing Hillary:

Hillary should sue Trump for calling her "Crooked Hillary" and everyone else who Trump has attacked should do the same. Then they should depose trump in the law suit asking him questions that they know he will answer with a lie and then impeachment for lying in a deposition in a civil suit.

I believe that there is precedent for that.

Klinker said:

The Times has a whole article about Biden's shady son Hunter today.  Paragraph after paragraph about his career as a highly paid moron in the Ukraine but not one word about how an overaged coke head managed to get himself a naval commission.

I would really like someone to do a deep dive on this issue.  How did this guy get a commission when anyone else with his history of drug abuse and advanced age would have been rejected?

The navy's become a dumping ground for political hacks. 

We have Sean Spicer, the lying press secretary, who in 1999 was commissioned into naval reserve and is now a commander. Then we have Trump's ex-chief of staff Lance Priebus who was commissioned last year.

Joe Rogan says he's probably voting for Bernie Sanders

See:  https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/479770-joe-rogan-says-hes-probably-voting-for-bernie-sanders

Brief excerpt from the above link:

Popular podcaster and comedian Joe Rogan said that he will most likely vote for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the upcoming Democratic presidential primary, saying the White House hopeful has been “insanely consistent his entire life.”

“Him as a human being, when I was hanging out with him, I believe in him, I like him, I like him a lot,” Rogan said on “The Joe Rogan Experience” while speaking with New York Times columnist Bari Weiss.

“Look, you could dig up dirt on every single human being that’s ever existed if you catch them in their worst moment and you magnify those moments and you cut out everything else and you only display those moments,” Rogan continued.

“That said, you can’t find very many with Bernie. He's been insanely consistent his entire life. He’s basically been saying the same thing his whole life. And that in and of itself is very a powerful structure to operate from.”

Sanders is touting the video clip of the interview on social media.

“I think I'll probably vote for Bernie... He’s been insanely consistent his entire life. He’s basically been saying the same thing, been for the same thing his whole life. And that in and of itself is a very powerful structure to operate from.” -Joe Rogan pic.twitter.com/fuQP0KwGGI

— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) January 23, 2020

The significance of Rogan’s apparent endorsement caused the clip to begin trending in the United States, with more than 111,000 tweets using his name.

RealityForAll said:

Joe Rogan says he's probably voting for Bernie Sanders

See:  https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/479770-joe-rogan-says-hes-probably-voting-for-bernie-sanders

Brief excerpt from the above link:

Popular podcaster and comedian Joe Rogan said that he will most likely vote for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the upcoming Democratic presidential primary, saying the White House hopeful has been “insanely consistent his entire life.”

“Him as a human being, when I was hanging out with him, I believe in him, I like him, I like him a lot,” Rogan said on “The Joe Rogan Experience” while speaking with New York Times columnist Bari Weiss.

“Look, you could dig up dirt on every single human being that’s ever existed if you catch them in their worst moment and you magnify those moments and you cut out everything else and you only display those moments,” Rogan continued.

“That said, you can’t find very many with Bernie. He's been insanely consistent his entire life. He’s basically been saying the same thing his whole life. And that in and of itself is very a powerful structure to operate from.”

Sanders is touting the video clip of the interview on social media.

“I think I'll probably vote for Bernie... He’s been insanely consistent his entire life. He’s basically been saying the same thing, been for the same thing his whole life. And that in and of itself is a very powerful structure to operate from.” -Joe Rogan pic.twitter.com/fuQP0KwGGI

— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) January 23, 2020

The significance of Rogan’s apparent endorsement caused the clip to begin trending in the United States, with more than 111,000 tweets using his name.

It's trending because Bernie proudly tweeted about it.  And catching some grief for it.  It's "Cenk 2". 

That's a HUGE endorsement!

sbenois said:

I always ask myself "what would the Fear Factor guy do?"

sbenois said:

Not as big as the AOC, Ilhan Omar and Rashida Talib endorsement, as explained at page 298 of this thread.

nan said:

sbenois said:

Is this bigger than a Joe Rogan endorsement?   

Yes.   Bernie going on Joe Rogan was a huge hit for him as well.  

I don't know about everyone else, but I miss paul and nan.

sbenois said:

If CNN endorsed Bernie I assume that you would consider the hypothetical CNN endorsement as significant.  However, CNN and Joe Rogan (AKA "JR") have very similar number of subscribers (8.37 million vs.  7.3 million subscribers).  Thus, I disagree with you and I do believe that the JR endorsement of BS is significant.

Dismissing JR's endorsement through your sarcasm* is a sign that those dismissing JR (including sbenois) have not acknowledged the power of YT alternative news and YT podcasts such as The Joe Rogan Experience.  IOW get with the times.

*-  correct me if your posting was not pure sarcasm.

drummerboy said:

+10

RealityForAll said:

If CNN endorsed Bernie I assume that you would consider the hypothetical CNN endorsement as significant.  However, CNN and Joe Rogan (AKA "JR") have very similar number of subscribers (8.37 million vs.  7.3 million subscribers).  Thus, I disagree with you and I do believe that the JR endorsement of BS is significant.

Dismissing JR's endorsement through your sarcasm* is a sign that those dismissing JR (including sbenois) have not acknowledged the power of YT alternative news and YT podcasts such as The Joe Rogan Experience.  IOW get with the times.

How many of those subscribers are American voters?

ridski said:

RealityForAll said:

How many of those subscribers are American voters?

Do you believe the percentage of subscribers who are American voters (I prefer "registered US voters") is different for CNN and The Joe Rogan Experience?

If so, why?

RealityForAll said:

Tulsi the Nonexistent agrees with you about the incredible power of Joe Rogan.  He's YOOOG!

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/discussion/2020-candidates-c?page=next&limit=3180#discussion-replies-3455923

drummerboy said:

Maybe you need a reality check....

drummerboy said:

I also miss Nan.  I told her I would watch the (one) video of her choice if she came back but no dice.

RealityForAll said:

You're comparing number of YouTube subscribers.

It's my understanding that most people consume their CNN using other means. 

Klinker said:

drummerboy said:

I also miss Nan.  I told her I would watch the (one) video of her choice if she came back but no dice.

So that explains it.  She's still trying to choose the perfect video to show you.

I've tried to tell her that one shouldn't make the perfect the enemy of the good, but she doesn't listen to me. 

Sometimes I think I live in a different world.

Who the blank is Joe Rogan?

STANV said:

Don't worry about it.

STANV said:

Pathetic. You probably don't know what CNN is either. 

Get out of your cave already.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.