#cosbymeme - Well, that didn't turn out so well...

Did he quit raping women for the past 10 years? This is the only one where the statute of limitations hasn't run out??

C-Q, that might be the case. I read this morning that they are getting this one in under the wire, with the statute of limitations of 12 years about to run out. And a pattern of behavior and his recently unsealed deposition seem to be what they are relying on. 

I'm wondering now whether this case will open the floodgates, or if the statute has run out on all the other potential cases. Anyway, I hope this one pans out. After all he has apparently done, and what he has even admitted to doing, it is high time he was called to account for it and pay a price.

I kind of think at this point it doesn't matter whether he goes to jail or not.   Certainly justice is required, but he's 78 years old.  If he's found guilty of anything I expect he'll give up on life and be found dead one day before reporting to prison.  

He has lost all endorsements and his status as America's dad.  He must be spending a fortune on legal fees.  Many of his honoraria have been rescinded or will be.  His wife, daughters, and grandchildren all know (or will know) he is a serial rapist.  His descendants who bear his name will carry shame and disgrace along with it.  Every day they will encounter people who wonder if they are related to this criminal.  His punishment is that he knows all of this, and is probably more productive than any prison term.  

Red_Barchetta said:

I kind of think at this point it doesn't matter whether he goes to jail or not.   Certainly justice is required, but he's 78 years old.  If he's found guilty of anything I expect he'll give up on life and be found dead one day before reporting to prison.  

He has lost all endorsements and his status as America's dad.  He must be spending a fortune on legal fees.  Many of his honoraria have been rescinded or will be.  His wife, daughters, and grandchildren all know (or will know) he is a serial rapist.  His descendants who bear his name will carry shame and disgrace along with it.  Every day they will encounter people who wonder if they are related to this criminal.  His punishment is that he knows all of this, and is probably more productive than any prison term.  

I wish I believed this.  But I think he'll die believing in his innocence.  It seems to be part of his "disease" (for lack of a better term), engraved in his DNA somewhere.

Heard on news last night that his net worth is $300 million. If true, I think he can afford the legal fees.

Red_Barchetta said:

His wife, daughters, and grandchildren all know (or will know) he is a serial rapist.  His descendants who bear his name will carry shame and disgrace along with it.  

I have no sympathy for the guy, but this isn't fair. His children and grandchildren are not responsible for his crimes.   

spontaneous said:
Red_Barchetta said:

His wife, daughters, and grandchildren all know (or will know) he is a serial rapist.  His descendants who bear his name will carry shame and disgrace along with it.  

I have no sympathy for the guy, but this isn't fair. His children and grandchildren are not responsible for his crimes.   

I don't think anyone is suggesting it's fair to his descendants, just that it's a reality he'll have to live with.   (Personally, I don't think he has the capacity to feel bad about it.)

I think he is a genuine sociopath, incapable of taking responsibility or feeling guilt. I doubt he will do any jail time at this late stage of life, but I do want him to go through the trial. Yes, he has faced the loss of considerable business opportunities and reputation at this point, although clearly he does not need the money. I firmly believe the system should try him and hold him to account somehow for what he has done. If he will not take responsibility on his own, a conviction might bring some sense of justice and relief to the women whose lives he has harmed.

And although it could be a bit embarrassing for family members, I don't think guilt by association will have a serious impact on their lives.

mlj said:

Heard on news last night that his net worth is $300 million. If true, I think he can afford the legal fees.

Money is nice. It pays that 1,000,000 dollar bail and pays for the mounting of a vigorous defense against, as stated by his lawyers, an unjustified charge.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35204474

Unlike, the many poor saps in residing Rikers Island who get 20 minute interviwes with an overworked public defender and are invariably told to plea a bargain or else remain as long time guest of Rikers because they can't afford bail.

PeggyC said:

C-Q, that might be the case. I read this morning that they are getting this one in under the wire, with the statute of limitations of 12 years about to run out. And a pattern of behavior and his recently unsealed deposition seem to be what they are relying on. 

I'm wondering now whether this case will open the floodgates, or if the statute has run out on all the other potential cases. Anyway, I hope this one pans out. After all he has apparently done, and what he has even admitted to doing, it is high time he was called to account for it and pay a price.

The new Montgomery County’s First Assistant District Attorney Kevin Steele promised to reopen and investigate the case against Cosby once he was elected. When running, Steele and Castor (who was the previous first DA) traded attacks in ads and interviews over whether Cosby should have been arrested on sexual assault charges in 2005, when Castor led the office. Castor refused to bring charges.

“At this point, we are not looking at other charges,” Steele said, adding that new evidence supporting the charge came to light earlier this summer and that the case had yet to exceed the statute of limitations.

We examined all the evidence and we made this determination because it was the right thing to do,” he continued."

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Bill-Cosby-Montgomery-County-Charges-363817451.html#ixzz3vw31q8aZ

Andrea Constand said she WOULD testify against Cosby now that DA Steele is in charge of the case. Cosby’s unsealed diposition may be his downfall where he admitted to giving women drugs. He sexually  assaulted Ms. Constand while she was unconscious and without consent. Hopefully, the jury (if it gets that far) would see an incapacitated woman who could not defend herself against his abuse.

This actually happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBDRwiSZSBg

Phenixrising, I saw that passage! Although it's likely the previous guy had other reasons not to want to try, the unsealing of that deposition could make all the difference now. I suspect that even if they had brought charges, he could have wriggled out of a conviction back then.

All I can say is All Hail to Hannibal Buress who casually made a joke at a comedy club one night about Cosby raping women and then POP! the top comes off of Cosby's life. I mentioned it before, I think, but my dearly departed grandmother and her sisters would sometimes celebrity chat and one of their topics was Cosby and how he allegedly "mistreated" women (and how Redd Foxx was a drug addict, but I digress). As shown in the clip above and in his album stand-up routines ("Spanish Fly"), Cosby has been doing this or thinking of ways to do this for decades. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!