The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

jimmurhy asks “To be direct - So you have no ethical/moral problem with the separation of young children from their families? 

You answered your own “question” — “so you” and not “do you”. Like the lawyer asking the accused, “when did you stop beating your wife?” 

Amazing how libs need to write their own storylines by seeking some scapegoat to blame instead of actually looking for solutions for the growing crisis at our southern boarders which include migrants from South America, as well as Europe and the Middle East, via Mexico.

Young children given to coyotes, by their parents, to transport across our boarders, where they are  abandoned once their job is done, are desperate, criminal acts. Anyone know if these kids ever reach relatives?  Photo ops and TV lead-ins.

Presidents Clinton, Obama, and now Biden ( who had a front row seat in congress for 47 years and still has no answers)  are stuck with a political football, rather than a humanitarian crisis. 

A cigar to the first poster who comes up with constructive comments for what steps should be taken to gain control of our busted immigration system. You know what the definition of insanity is....

mtierney said:

jimmurhy asks “To be direct - So you have no ethical/moral problem with the separation of young children from their families? 

You answered your own “question” — “so you” and not “do you”. Like the lawyer asking the accused, “when did you stop beating your wife?” 

Amazing how libs need to write their own storylines by seeking some scapegoat to blame instead of actually looking for solutions for the growing crisis at our southern boarders which include migrants from South America, as well as Europe and the Middle East, via Mexico.

Young children given to coyotes, by their parents, to transport across our boarders, where they are  abandoned once their job is done, are desperate, criminal acts. Anyone know if these kids ever reach relatives?  Photo ops and TV lead-ins.

Presidents Clinton, Obama, and now Biden ( who had a front row seat in congress for 47 years and still has no answers)  are stuck with a political football, rather than a humanitarian crisis. 

A cigar to the first poster who comes up with constructive comments for what steps should be taken to gain control of our busted immigration system. You know what the definition of insanity is....

Lies. 

ml1 said:

mtierney said:

Lies. 

And denial. Remarkable what one does to keep their conscience clean.

Really despicable.

Or should I say deplorable?

What I always find interesting is the cowardice. Jimmurphy asked about the Trump policy of forcibly separating children from their families. Mtierney chooses to talk about something different -- unaccompanied minors. If she truly has no problem with taking children away from their parents, why can't she say so? If she does have a problem with it, why has she been unable to condemn the Trump admin's actions? Afraid to choose between beliefs and being a "team player?" Or afraid to admit to beliefs she knows her proclaimed Christianity condemns?

I'm watching Cecily Strong doing her Jeanine Pirro impression on SNL and the stuff she's saying about immigration sounds just like mtierney's posts. 

Is it possible, given mtierney's odd way of processing the news, that she doesn't actually know that it was Trump's policy (via Steven Miller) to take intact families and split them up specifically to scare away other families from trying to cross the border? That it had nothing to do with whatever Obama did in the past, or coyotes or unaccompanied minors?

This is not to excuse her, given that she reads the Times. It's all there.

No cigar in the offing...sigh

The person who endorses family separation and sending unaccompanied minors back to fend for themselves in Mexico doesn't get to rule on what's a "proper" response to issues at the border.

mtierney said:

No cigar in the offing...sigh

Cigars are disgusting. 

Don't kidnap children and deport their parents.

Can I have a bagel instead?

Disgusting cigars

Taking children from parents

Is deplorable

ml1 said:

Disgusting cigars

Is deplorable

I never was any good at those things.

ridski said:

ml1 said:

Disgusting cigars

Is deplorable

math

ml1 said:

ridski said:

ml1 said:

Disgusting cigars

Is deplorable

math

Math has a well-known liberal bias.

ml1 said:

math

That's why.

Real mathematics

Well-known liberal bias

Gives wing nuts a sad

ml1 said:

Real mathematics

Well-known liberal bias

Gives wing nuts a sad 

Boys will be boys, deflecting with waste-of -space nods of mutual agreement. Not an original idea among the club. Meanwhile, the folks in Washington, who could do something about the southern  border crisis, remain silent — even can’t say the word “crisis” in discussions.

Previous administrations failed to fix our immigration system, Trump built a wall and recognized a catastrophe  in the making, and then the global pandemic struck and he focused on getting vaccines developed and distributed. 

Joe Biden spent his first 100 days (vital time slot for any new POTUS) undoing  progress and blaming his predecessor for just about everything he can’t handle.

I believe Clinton was the first president to place illegal men, women and children into safe containment facilities (what the media now  call jails); Obama followed suit. Both men served 8 years in the White House. Sixteen years where nothing was resolved, and the  situation at the border exponentially worsened.

Have the thousands of people, arriving monthly, from all over the world being vaccinated on arrival?

Yeah, that's what he focused on.

mtierney said:

Previous administrations failed to fix our immigration system, Trump built a wall and recognized a catastrophe  in the making, and then the global pandemic struck and he focused on getting vaccines developed and distributed. 

Study Finds ‘Single Largest Driver’ of Coronavirus Misinformation: Trump

Cornell University researchers analyzing 38 million English-language articles about the pandemic found that President Trump was the largest driver of the “infodemic.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-misinformation.html?smid=tw-share

mtierney said:

ml1 said:

Real mathematics

Well-known liberal bias

Gives wing nuts a sad 

Boys will be boys, deflecting with waste-of -space nods of mutual agreement. Not an original idea among the club. Meanwhile, the folks in Washington, who could do something about the southern  border crisis, remain silent — even can’t say the word “crisis” in discussions.

Joe Biden spent his first 100 days (vital time slot for any new POTUS) undoing  progress and blaming his predecessor for just about everything he can’t handle.

I believe Clinton was the first president to place illegal men, women and children into safe containment facilities (what the media now  call jails); Obama followed suit. Both men served 8 years in the White House. Sixteen years where nothing was resolved, and the  situation at the border exponentially worsened.

Have the thousands of people from all over the world been vaccinated on arrival?

Lies and delusions

Get some better news sources

And don't spout nonsense

There's no such thing as an illegal person.

mtierney said:

Have the thousands of people, arriving monthly, from all over the world being vaccinated on arrival?

Best part of this post

It completely disappears

Eight years of George Bush 

Here's my latest email from the GOP:

Trump Rallies are back!
Despite Big Tech’s efforts to SILENCE President Trump, he’s announced plans to come down to Florida to speak to great American Patriots at an EPIC rally.
We’re counting on YOU to step up and ensure that the event is an overwhelming success. We need you to contribute to the Florida Rally Fundraising Blitz.
With your support, Republicans will post a MASSIVE fundraising haul on the day of President Trump’s Florida Rally, which will show that he still has the support of True Patriots. Big Tech can’t silence that!

mtierney - are you happy about the return of the rallies?  Would you contribute to help them happen.   Do you think Trump is financially benefitting off of these?

Would you consider yourself a "True Patriot":?  Are any democrats "True Patriots"?  You have to understand the rhetoric behind using loaded phrases like these.  They're there to divide - to separate - to fight.

Biden doesn't need red hats or merchandise to profit over.

Biden doesn't lie in his emails..  Every single Trump related email is full of lies.

In Trump related emails - there's always a pressure to give money.  And their tactic is to make you feel like it's urgent to donate money.  And when you do - you don't realize you logged in for a monthly payment plan. 

Here's a sample message in these emails:

According to our records, your Sustaining Membership has EXPIRED.

Member Email: ***@***.com
Expiration Date: 12/31/2020

This is an official notice that your Sustaining Membership has EXPIRED. If you don’t renew soon, your status will be marked as lapsed.

You’re one of our TOP supporters, Jamie, so we wanted to give you one more chance.

1) I was never had a sustaining membership

2) How can I be a top supporter if I never sent any support?

Here's another sample:

We’ve been busy putting together President Trump’s Official Birthday Card, and the response has been so overwhelming that we’re running out of room. So you NEED TO HURRY!

We only have enough room for 45 more signatures, and we can only hold your spot for ONE MORE HOUR.

1) You are NOT putting together a card 

2) You don't only have room for 45 more signatures

3) Hurry - Give Us money NOW!!!!!

--------------------------------------

You will not find these tactics in a Biden email.  It's sad and pathetic.

jamie said:

Here's my latest email from the GOP:

Trump Rallies are back!
Despite Big Tech’s efforts to SILENCE President Trump, he’s announced plans to come down to Florida to speak to great American Patriots at an EPIC rally.
We’re counting on YOU to step up and ensure that the event is an overwhelming success. We need you to contribute to the Florida Rally Fundraising Blitz.
With your support, Republicans will post a MASSIVE fundraising haul on the day of President Trump’s Florida Rally, which will show that he still has the support of True Patriots. Big Tech can’t silence that!

They definitely sound fixated on Trump. 

Even Trump haikus

Should follow specific rules

But it's Trump so the Haiku could go on and on because FREEDOM and Haiku rules are probably from CHINA anyway so please contribute NOW.

You guys are asking this woman, who feels left out of the boys club, to explain why she’s a member of the trumpenstein cult? She can never answer why she still supports the man....he’s blond haired and blue eyed red blooded American..who would put more than half of the country in gas chambers if he could. It’s pure and simple racism. She’s a racist just like this moron. I wish the holy water burns her fingers.

Jaytee said:

You guys are asking this woman, who feels left out of the boys club, to explain why she’s a member of the trumpenstein cult? She can never answer why she still supports the man....he’s blond haired and blue eyed red blooded American..who would put more than half of the country in gas chambers if he could. It’s pure and simple racism. She’s a racist just like this moron. I wish the holy water burns her fingers.

Personal attacks are not my style.  

Some folks here are “hate-full”  and it oozes out. Also, some have writer bloc and repetition of insulting remarks is all they have.

Reread his post. Has he “left out” any group in his tirade against me?

mtierney said:

Personal attacks are not my style.  

Some folks here are “hate-full”  and it oozes out. Also, some have writer bloc and repetition of insulting remarks is all they have.

Reread his post. Has he “left out” any group in his tirade against me?

If someone's personal style is to avoid attacks, but they support people physically attacking others to advance their political goals, how much credit should they get for their style?

PVW said:

If someone's personal style is to avoid attacks, but they support people physically attacking others to advance their political goals, how much credit should they get for their style?

we're talking about a person who thinks having a "potty mouth" is worse than being a white supremacist. Pretty skewed priorities. 

ml1 said:

Best part of this post

It completely disappears

Eight years of George Bush 

AND Seven years of Reagan AND another four years of George Bush Senior. 

The first modern immigration detention center was Fort Allen, opened in 1981. 

The private prison company CCA began construction of its Houston detention center in 1983. 

CCA opened Laredo in 1985 and was the first to house infants and children. 

If we want to talk about what Clinton did, we can look at Operation Gatekeeper: Clinton was the first start building a fence by the San Diego border, and in Arizona, while doubling the amount of Border Patrol officers.

Republican voters are dangerously uninformed, and the politicians who appeal to their ignorance are just dangerous..

"Former President Donald Trump’s stronghold over the Republican party remains. His refusal to concede the 2020 election and calls of widespread fraud have raised doubts about the integrity of its results among his Republican base. Consequently, 56% of Republicans believe the election was rigged or the result of illegal voting, and 53% think Donald Trump is the actual President, not Joe Biden. Only 30% of Republicans feel confident that absentee or mail-in ballots were accurately counted, compared to 86% of Democrats and 55% of independents. As a result, 87% of Republicans believe it is important that the government place new limits on voting to protect elections from fraud. Finally, 63% percent of Republicans think Donald Trump should run for President again in 2024, compared to only 8% of Democrats and 23% of independents."

Ipsos Reuters Topline Write up- The Big Lie - 17 May thru 19 May 2021.pdf

I'm pretty much expecting more violence by Trumpists in future elections.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.