The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

Klinker said:

DaveSchmidt said:

More important, a fact.

I had been away for a bit and when I came back, she was gone. I figured that she either passed or got banned. Honestly, now that she’s back, it’s probably time for me to go again.  I find her bigoted prattle to be intolerable. 

If she disappears again, perhaps my bro Basil can pm me to let me know?

Klink, before you disappear, could I convince you to donate a bit of money to Ossoff and Warnock? Without the Senate, Biden ain't going to be able to do a whole lot.

hoops said:

All republicans and libertarians need to look in the mirror and decide if they are on the side of democracy or fascism, 

That's a good one. 

BTW, going to save y'all a lot of time right now. Just do a find and replace of "Benghazi" for "Hunter Biden" on this thread, and you've got the the next four years. No need to revisit until 2024.

Floyd said:

Too bad Trump is still president before the oath is given at the inauguration. It would be nice it they could have prevented him from attending.

Ex New York mayors usually get a decent funeral send off, parade, etc, courtesy of the city. NYC should not spend even one penny on Ghouliani's send off.

Did he die? Did I miss that?

basil said:

Floyd said:

Too bad Trump is still president before the oath is given at the inauguration. It would be nice it they could have prevented him from attending.

Ex New York mayors usually get a decent funeral send off, parade, etc, courtesy of the city. NYC should not spend even one penny on Ghouliani's send off.

Did he die? Did I miss that?

Not yet. But when he does why bother to spend city money to honor him?

PVW said:

BTW, going to save y'all a lot of time right now. Just do a find and replace of "Benghazi" for "Hunter Biden" on this thread, and you've got the the next four years. No need to revisit until 2024.

I'm waiting for the creator of this thread to start being seriously concerned about presidential transparency, honesty and decorum. I guess that won't begin again until 1/20/21. 

mtierney said:

Let the voters decide Trump’s fate in November...

Done! And this despite Trump's attempts to stop voters from having their say!

I’m going to post this today, in fear that I jinx it, but...

I was wrong.

And i thank you all for proving me wrong.

That is all.

ridski said:

I was wrong.

That is all.

That shows that you're a better man than Trump is.

It's not that people didn't think so before, but this is one more example.

nohero said:

ridski said:

I was wrong.

That is all.

That shows that you're a better man than Trump is.

It's not that people didn't think so before, but this is one more example.

For the record, I have always strongly believed that ridski is a better man than trump

ridski said:

I was wrong.

That is all.

What were you wrong about?

ridski said:

I was wrong.

That is all.

Last winter I said I’d be happy to be wrong in my concerns about Biden beating Trump. So today I’m happy. 

Smedley said:

What were you wrong about?

That Trump was going to win no matter who ran against him.

You heard it here first.

Smedley

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:37pm

I believe the 2016 election was a one-off aberrational thing resulting from a singularly toxic candidate who ran a complacent and godawful campaign. And I'll go on record here saying I predict Trump will lose next year.

Smedley said:

You heard it here first.

Smedley

I believe the 2016 election was a one-off aberrational thing resulting from a singularly toxic candidate who ran a complacent and godawful campaign. And I'll go on record here saying I predict Trump will lose next year.

The one-off got eight million more votes this time than he got last time. But congrats on getting the 50-50 call right.

Wasn’t there a thread “on a scale of 1 to 10 or something like that? Most of us were going 50/50 if I remember correctly 

DaveSchmidt said:

Smedley said:

You heard it here first.

Smedley

The one-off got eight million more votes this time than he got last time. But congrats on getting the 50-50 call right.

Thank you

Smedley said:

You heard it here first.

Smedley

this is known as getting it right for the wrong reason. This election showed that 2016 was in no way a one-off, and 2020 was just as much a coin flip in 3-4 states. Thank goodness the coin came up our way this time. 

When the complete story of 2020 is told, I will not be surprised that the closeness of the result was due again to Republican voter suppression efforts in FL, OH, TX and other states. It is still WAY too difficult to vote for many people, especially those in urban areas. And in FL, Republicans still managed to keep many ex-felons from voting, doing so against the will of their own voters. 

Just because Biden won, people who care about voting rights shouldn't give up on this issue. 

ml1 said:
Just because Biden won, people who care about voting rights shouldn't give up on this issue. 

I don’t expect any giving up on this, especially since now we’ll have a DOJ that will pay attention to it. 

Early days yet...

omg - the laptop - really?  LOL  What day did that cartoon come out?

jamie said:

omg - the laptop - really?  LOL  What day did that cartoon come out?

October 2020 (according to his website)

ml1 said:

mtierney said:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/media-calling-elections-in-a-democracy-is-post-modern-fascism_3569906.html

This is worrisome and worthy of debate.

tell that to Al Gore.

Why did you even dignify the posting of that article, with that response? 

mtierney - since you keep posting from a propaganda that none of us but you are going to be duped to pay for - just post the paragraph that you feel most expresses the point of view that you agree with.

Is it just the headline that you agree with?  Do you understand how warped that is in itself?

nohero said:

Why did you even dignify the posting of that article, with that response? 

I was replying to the comment.  I don't read the Epoch Times articles.  

But the beginning of the end for Gore in 2000 was a Bush relative calling FL before the votes were in.  I'm betting mtierney doesn't recall that.

How can they possibly lose with a team like this?  oh oh

The first person Rudy Giuliani, the attorney for President Donald Trump, called up as a witness to baseless allegations of vote counting shenanigans in Philadelphia during a press conference last week is a sex offender who for years has been a perennial candidate in New Jersey.

Brooks was incarcerated in the 1990s on charges of sexual assault, lewdness and endangering the welfare of a minor for exposing himself to two girls ages 7 and 11, according to news accounts.

mtierney said:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/media-calling-elections-in-a-democracy-is-post-modern-fascism_3569906.html

This is worrisome and worthy of debate.

Not reading the article, but going by the headline, I'm not sure what your concern is? The major media report on the count. When the count has progressed enough that a winner can be clearly projected, they make the call. There is some level of subjectiveness, as outlets are balancing their desire to be the first to make the call against their desire to make the correct call, so if you personally feel they made the wrong call in a race, feel free to make your case. In which state do you believe there are enough votes outstanding that the race cannot be called? Please be transparent in your reasoning so we can engage in a constructive discussion.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.