The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

Did you ask a question?

mtierney said:

Did you ask a question?

Q.E.D. Didn’t even read your post.

Klinker said:

Has it been determined whether Cassotto is a bot or just a troll?  I know there was some debate.

Pot Calling the Kettle Black - An expression that is said when one accuses another person of that which they are equally guilty of.

See:  https://www.urbandictionary.co...

mtierney said:

Did you ask a question?

if you were addressing me, I almost never pose questions.  I provide responses to your questions, to which you almost never reply with anything of substance, if you reply at all.

mtierney said:

The story unfolds...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...

does anything in that article make you re-think blaming the neighbors for the murders?

basil said:

Robert_Casotto said:

“exchange of ideas”.  on Mao-OL.  Give me a ******* break.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I agree you need a break. Preferably a long break. You deserve it!

The more you feed it, the more it farts.

ml1 said:

does anything in that article make you re-think blaming the neighbors for the murders?

Decided to ask a direct question, however super loaded?

I will try to reply — reading the very thorough and researched article, the determination of a vengeful, jealous man would be hard to deflect. The nanny was most likely afraid to share her fears with her employers for concern it might lead to losing her position. Her fellow nannies probably were told about this man who was stalking her, but they might have felt fearful themselves. 

The question of how he got a key to the house remains. If she gave me one, as has been suggested, was she bullied or frightened into doing so? 

The murderer ‘s habit of sitting in his car near the house, reportedly for hours, according to neighbors, was a signal missed. The police could have run his license plate number, or came by to ask if he needed assistance. Would the inquiry have deterred him? Perhaps, yes, but  a psychopath might have seemed to be a law abiding citizen.

I never implied “blame” on the neighbors. I only offered the hope that a  lesson might be learned from this tragic happening. Hateful  responses do not serve justice.

If you see something, say something.

mtierney said:

I will try to reply — reading the very thorough and researched article, the determination of a vengeful, jealous man would be hard to deflect. The nanny was most likely afraid to share her fears with her employers for concern it might lead to losing her position. Her fellow nannies probably were told about this man who was stalking her, but they might have felt fearful themselves. 

The question of how he got a key to the house remains. If she gave me one, as has been suggested, was she bullied or frightened into doing so? 

The murderer ‘s habit of sitting in his car near the house, reportedly for hours, according to neighbors, was a signal missed. The police could have run his license plate number, or came by to ask if he needed assistance. Would the inquiry have deterred him? Perhaps, yes, but  a psychopath might have seemed to be a law abiding citizen.

I never implied “blame” on the neighbors. I only offered the hope that a  lesson might be learned from this tragic happening. Hateful  responses do not serve justice.

mtierney said:

“See something, say something.”  The article says she called the police about him. 

mtierney said:

he wasn't a psychopath.  He was an angry man determined to do what he did.  Everything seems sinister in hindsight.  The command to "if you see something, say something" typically leads to profiling and harassment of innocent people while rarely deterring someone who is really up to no good.

and yes, you did pretty much blame the neighbors for not stopping this.

mtierney said:

Do you think that the neighbors, who did not call police about the man sitting in his car for hours near Walton Road on more than one occasion, are now feeling they could have prevented the homicides?

ml1 said:

A closed mind is a waste. If experience is the best teacher, let’s learn something.

mtierney said:

ml1 said:

A closed mind is a waste. If experience is the best teacher, let’s learn something.

LOL!!!  And the MOL Academy Award for Irony goes to none other than our own mtierney.

Jerseyperson said:

“See something, say something.”  The article says she called the police about him. 

While in Boston, months ago. No arrests mentioned. Therefore, no criminal record.

Klinker said:

LOL!!!  And the MOL Academy Award for Irony goes to none other than our own mtierney.

mtierney said:

you're seriously accusing someone of a closed mind.  People generally don't need to be told to call the police when they "see something."  If anything, we live in a culture in which people are too quick to call the police over nothing.

and what you see about Porter now as sinister in retrospect probably seemed normal to the neighbors.  The article said he usually waited in his car to pick her up and didn't go into the house.  There was one report in one article that he was there for "hours" and you've picked up on that.  The NYT article says nothing about that, so you don't even know that it's true.  The stalking described in the article was Porter showing up uninvited to places where Rodriguez was.

It's easy now to place blame, but do you REALLY think Rodriguez or any of her friends who met this man, thought he was capable of this, but refused to intervene?  Out of what?  "Political correctness?" We now know that he was capable of murder, but to assume everyone around Rodriguez turned a blind eye to unambiguous threats of violence is ridiculous. 

mtierney said:

Klinker said:

Doubling down.

so the Evangelicals have been with Trump from the beginning.  The racism, the convincing evidence that he's a racist, the lying, the likelihood that he's a crook, a con man, an adulterer, a narcissist, and a bully -- none of it was enough to shake their support of Dear Leader.  Until now, some Evangelicals are apparently wavering in their support for the Donald because I kid you not, they don't like that he swears.   

You can't make this stuff up.

ml1 said:

so the Evangelicals have been with Trump from the beginning.  The racism, the convincing evidence that he's a racist, the lying, the likelihood that he's a crook, a con man, an adulterer, a narcissist, and a bully -- none of it was enough to shake their support of Dear Leader.  Until now, some Evangelicals are apparently wavering in their support for the Donald because I kid you not, they don't like that he swears.   

You can't make this stuff up.

The only "good" thing of the Trump Presidency is that it has really exposed the hypocrisy of the whole Republican infrastructure. I'm not saying we didn't know about their hypocrisy before, but the past couple of years has just brought it to a whole other level.

After Trump, I can honestly say that I have no respect for any Republican at all. Damn them all to hell. (admittedly, they were on pretty thin ice with me anyway. heh.)

Yes, you can rip children from their parents, be a blatant racist, jolly up to despicable dictators while insulting our real allies, habitually lie, consider women to be chattel, rape the environment and remove protections for at risk species.

But don't ever use the "G" word or its variants in vain. That's going too far.

drummerboy said:

The only "good" thing of the Trump Presidency is that it has really exposed the hypocrisy of the whole Republican infrastructure. 

Exposed it to whom?  No-one who matters in my book. 

mtierney said:

The story unfolds...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...

Story?  What story?  Is there a Princess involved?

mtierney said:

ml1 said:

I've been seeing things and saying (well, posting) things.  You're welcome. 

BG9 said:

Yes, you can rip children from their parents, be a blatant racist, jolly up to despicable dictators while insulting our real allies, habitually lie, consider women to be chattel, rape the environment and remove protections for at risk species.

But don't ever use the "G" word or its variants in vain. That's going too far.

I almost thought it was a story from The Onion 

I feel bad for the Onion.  How do they keep up with the absurdity of reality?

mtierney said:

I see a troll 

What's happening in the Rose Garden.  Well, there's this.....

basil said:

I see a troll 

Yep, me too, at 12:52pm

lord_quisling said:

basil said:

I see a troll 

Naturally, that is how you would see a patriot, Lord Quisling. I would say I was sorry to for the disrespect to your Dear Leader but, of course, that would be a lie.

Who would have thought that the Nazi simps would turn out to be such snowflakes?

lord_pabulum said:

basil said:

I see a troll 

I disagree.  The post is very on-topic. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals

Advertisement

Advertise here!