The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

drummerboy said:
 While I won't comment on idiocy, constantly citing the federalist doesn't speak highly of one's intellectual integrity.

I don't like to fling insults either.  But the constant pleas for bipartisanship coming from a Republican who supports Mitch McConnell are certainly a head-scratcher.  Among a host of other pronouncements that seemed divorced from the reality-based world.

Klinker said:

lord_pabulum said:

We get it.  You hate MT and you think she is an idiot
 Hate the sin, not the sinner.  I hate the way she supports a system that has resulted in the rape and abuse of untold numbers of children.  I hate the way she would prefer to simply cover up those crimes, even if covering them up meant that many more children would be raped and abused.  I hate the way that she defends any rapist or abuser who happens to have conservative credentials.  I hate the way she supports a man that she surely must know is evil simply because he furthers portions of her conservative agenda. I could go on, but I think you get the picture.
As for her intelligence, it would be easier if she was an idiot.  If she was so stupid that she didn't realize the real harm that she does to innocents in the course of supporting these individuals and institutions, that might excuse her actions in some way.  I don't think mtierney is an idiot.  I think she knows exactly what she is doing and that makes it all the more depraved.

I don't think MT is a sinner.  I prefer this guys response to a similar observation of someone sounding like a broken record.

sbenois said:
Klinker said:  Why don't you just stop altogether?  Seriously.  So tired of your contributions to this thread. 
 Thanks but no.  
 Seriously.  I don't know you. IRL, perhaps you are a fine individual giving your sweat and blood to make the world a better place but here you confine yourself to single line posts that almost always consist, in their entirety, of a put down, a personal insult or a snide statement of condescension. We get it.  You hate Nan and you think she is an idiot.  You have made that clear but enough already.  If you aren't going to make any meaningful contribution to the conversation, if you are only going to function as a random insult generator, if your only function here is to spew 5 word expressions of hate against those that you blame, please, take your burning, seething resentment somewhere else.

Thank you LP, I  haven’t seen such a wild spin in a post ever!  And by Troll Klinker himself. The irony!

(Apology to sbenois and Nan for bringing this slam in view again.)

lord_pabulum said:
 I don't think MT is a sinner. 

Well right.  For you to consider her a sinner, you would have to agree that all of those other things are actually sins.

mtierney said:

Thank you LP 

You're welcome IM80.

https://politi.co/2OtNtDY

Appearing gleeful is the characteristic turnoff for me when watching Maddow.

How will Dems handle the Joe Biden story of the day?

mtierney said:
https://politi.co/2OtNtDY
Appearing gleeful is the characteristic turnoff for me when watching Maddow.

How will Dems handle the Joe Biden story of the day?

We are discussing it on the 2020 Candidates thread.  Having a rapist in the White House adds urgency to the issue for Dems.

Just out of curiosity, as a Republican and a Trump supporter, if Biden really is grabbing women's boobs, does that make you more likely to support him?

mtierney said:
View from America’s heartland...

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/syndicated-columnists/article228608669.html

hmmm. I guess the heartland now includes the Washington Post.

mtierney said:
View from America’s heartland...

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/syndicated-columnists/article228608669.html

No it's not, it's a syndicated column from Kathleen Parker.  She's a conservative columnist out of Washington.  One of her past "greatest hits" was that Brett Kavanaugh was innocent, it was "mistaken identity" , and that Dr. Blasey Ford confused him with a "doppelganger".  

It was a stupid theory to exonerate Kavanaugh by attacking Dr. Blasey Ford.

If Dr Blasey had not been “attacked,” Justice Kavanaugh’s possible conviction for 30 year old unsubstantiated allegation would have been what? Mob justice? Public hanging? 

Just want to tag the above post for the next time someone disputes the fact that mtierney will defend any rapist and attack any victim,  as long as there is an R next to the perp's name. One post in a collection of hundreds.

Am I the only one who is reminded of Dolores Umbridge's kittens?

mtierney said:
If Dr Blasey had not been “attacked,” Justice Kavanaugh’s possible conviction for 30 year old unsubstantiated allegation would have been what? Mob justice? Public hanging? 

His documented lies should have been enough to keep him off the court. See, among others, Mother Jones. 

Jerseyperson said:
 His documented lies should have been enough to keep him off the court. See, among others, Mother Jones. 

not to mention his losing his **** in his hearing.

Klinker said:
Just want to tag the above post for the next time someone disputes the fact that mtierney will defend any rapist and attack any victim,  as long as there is an R next to the perp's name. One post in a collection of hundreds.

And you will predictably assume guilt when there is R next to an alleged perps name   

lord_pabulum said:

Klinker said:
And you will predictably assume guilt when there is R next to an alleged perps name   

Actually no.  You would know that if you had been paying attention.

That said, when a perp brags about their crimes on tape, I will take them at their word.

Columnist Charles Blow, re Smollett case, says:

“But I also believe that the case is little more than tabloid fodder that the media, spurred by wails from conservatives and always so desperately insecure about being accused of liberal bias, has pumped up and stretched out. Everyone is trying to make this case bigger than it is and to mean more than it does. 

At its core, it’s just a story about an alleged lie told by a television actor. It is a story about an alleged hate crime that didn’t happen, but that was staged by Smollett. The police diverted quite a few resources to investigate his claim, then came to the conclusion that the event was a hoax. Finally, the case was dropped before a trial and the records were sealed. 

It is interesting Hollywood drama, but meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Smollett was charged with making false reports — lying. If the police are correct, there was no assault or death. There was no property damage. There was no theft. 

The major damage was the damage Smollett did to his own career and reputation. 

Diverting resources that could be used to investigate actual assaults and murders is a big deal, but if the police and prosecutors believed he did this, then they should have financial restitution as part of a plea deal.”

Too late for monetary restitution now, but perhaps Chicago new Mayor, Lori Lightfoot, can fix Chicago — she won all 50 districts!

Re the president's announcement that the 'country is full', does that mean after the current batch of pregnancies are delivered there will be a moratorium on births until sufficient 'room' is created for more citizens? (How will you know where this space has been allocated?)

you talking Birthing Tourism pregnancies or no?

World-wide news, indeed!

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/04/06/world/politics-diplomacy-world/country-full-trump-says-migrants-straining-system/

I won’t pretend to be able to translate the President’s off the cuff style of speech, but I believe he was commenting on the crowded conditions and strained resources at the border. 

California appears open to taking all immigrants — but they still have to be processed first.

mtierney said:

World-wide news, indeed!
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/04/06/world/politics-diplomacy-world/country-full-trump-says-migrants-straining-system/
I won’t pretend to be able to translate the President’s off the cuff style of speech, but I believe he was commenting on the crowded conditions and strained resources at the border. 
California appears open to taking all immigrants — but they still have to be processed first.

I would love for New Jersey to take more immigrants too. Let's be realistic here, California would be the fifth largest economy in the world if it were a country, and immigrants played a large role in that. And the US being a dominant world power today is exclusively built by immigrants (considering we killed most of the natives) 

aging populations and declining are an economic problem all over the developed world. We actually need immigrants. one more example of Trump's dangerous ignorance. 

mtierney said:

A problem he created.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/04/05/border-crisis-donald-trump-226573

does "off the cuff style" mean "lunatic style"?

ml1 said:

Not necessarily, sometimes it is just plain-speaking  —as opposed to the usual barrage of political claptrap!

mtierney said:
 Not necessarily, sometimes it is just plain-speaking  —as opposed to the usual barrage of political claptrap!

Actually he doesn't speak plainly. He sounds like a ranting guy living underneath a highway overpass. 

mtierney said:

ml1 said:

plain speaking huh?

Do you know how many times in this thread you've had to excuse yourself from attempting to understand what this "plain speaking" person meant? Do you know what "plain speaking" even means anymore? 

Both Harry Truman and Ronald Reagan were, in my recall, plain speakers. Both spoke directly to the people.

drummerboy said:
 plain speaking huh?
Do you know how many times in this thread you've had to excuse yourself from attempting to understand what this "plain speaking" person meant? Do you know what "plain speaking" even means anymore? 

I do not recall ever having to “excuse” myself on this thread. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.