The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

"Yesterday we participated in a ceremony at to honor the sacrifices of soldiers during by laying a wreath on the tomb of the . "

https://twitter.com/franceintheus/status/1062066314448117760

gerritn said:
While I was initially disappointed with the results of the mid-terms, now that more races are being called, House +38 for Democrats, Senate +2 for Republicans is not a bad result given the Senate map for 2018.  

It was a good day for Democrats.  Just look at the way Dumpster is behaving - he knows he took a hit.

nohero said:
Trump has shown his true colors this week, as to how miserable and cr*ppy a person he is.

Why is this week different from any other week?

LOST said:

nohero said:
Trump has shown his true colors this week, as to how miserable and cr*ppy a person he is.
 Why is this week different from any other week?

Maybe it's like this tweet from Megan Amram, which she has tweeted once a day every day since Jan 20, 2017.

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1062174524177768448

Good morning cheese i just woke up - to a trade war on French wine? and another White House sacking, due to a row over plane seat allocations?

Am I still asleep???  vampire 

joanne said:
due to a row over plane seat allocations?

If it were up to me, all plane seats would be allocated in rows.

ElizMcCord said:
Anybody catch Mitch the Witch McConnell’s op-Ed calling for bipartisanship? 

ml1 said:

ElizMcCord said:

that's probably what he looked like while he was writing it.

ElizMcCord said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/14/mitch-mcconnell-wrote-an-op-ed-calling-bipartisanship-people-are-not-having-it/?utm_term=.c777bf87bcd3

Wow, and here I was thinking that tierney took hypocrisy to a new level when she voted from trump and then complained that #metoo should have started during clintons presidency, but mitch is on a different level altogether. I bet you he had some good chuckles over this.

ElizMcCord said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/14/mitch-mcconnell-wrote-an-op-ed-calling-bipartisanship-people-are-not-having-it/?utm_term=.c777bf87bcd3

He must be short of self-awareness.  I would imagine that even his supporters think he is a bottom-dwelling weasel.  Why he thought he could spin a tale that would even make Trump blush is hard to fathom.

tjohn said:

ElizMcCord said:

He must be short of self-awareness.  I would imagine that even his supporters think he is a bottom-dwelling weasel.  Why he thought he could spin a tale that would even make Trump blush is hard to fathom.

I keep hoping to read an article about how he choked on his hypocrisy much like George Bush did on his pretzel. But The Dems already took over The House, surely good fortune can’t strike twice. 

LOST said:
Check the name of his Bio.
https://www.amazon.com/Cynic-Political-Education-Mitch-McConnell-ebook/dp/B00N5Y0SNW

Mitch figures that he's Lucy and he can convince Charlie Brown (Dems in Congress) that this time he really is going to let them kick the football.

well, I guess you all sorted everything out...

Lawyer Avenatti has just been charged in a domestic assault charge. He will do anything to polish his image! Maybe his female  clients will be character witnesses for him.

just like Kavanaugh was

hey mtierney,

so, what did you think of Trump blowing of the Armistice Day memorial because of the rain?

Not a surprise. He had a creepy quality. 

mtierney said:
Lawyer Avenatti has just been charged in a domestic assault charge. He will do anything to polish his image! Maybe his female  clients will be character witnesses for him.

That guy is a creep.

mtierney said:

And here is the difference.  Nobody will be supporting Avenatti and trying to rationalize what he is charged with.  Meanwhile, you and countless other false-Christians were happy to explain away Kavanaugh's behavior.

It’s well after 1am, I really have to get some sleep - apparently Kerry has been saying interesting things/‘plain truths’ over in the UK (reported in the Guardian, and no doubt will be brushed off as ‘saying anything to get PR for his book’) while Trump has been tweeting angrily again re Witch Hunts. 

Kind of fascinating watching the UK disintergrate overnight over an agreement-that-isn’t, while Fiji and the Philippines try to maintain leadership control (at least during ‘peak summit season’), and your president is just basically picking scraps with whoever he thinks of whenever he can, over whatever comes to mind. (Our lot can’t decide what to have for breakfast, let’s not discuss them; we’re probably due for a new PM)

mtierney said:

Can't say that I really care about Avenatti one way or the other.  Stormy Daniels is the principal in the case, I doubt she will have much trouble finding someone else to represent her interests.

That said, for someone like you who embraces every pussy grabber, rapist and wife beater who rises to prominence in the GOP (and there are so many of them these days) I find your outrage a bit hypocritical.

mtierney said:

Here you are again, supporting the unsupportable. Gloating and wishing that Avenatti's issues will dirty his clients. The problem is there is a paper trail supporting Daniels, like the payoff and the legal agreement that pussy grabber tried to suppress.

What is your psychology that makes you defender of the vile and odious, like pussy grabbers? You get like a tingle when you defend them? You also get a tingle in Church professing your love for God, Jesus, Mother Mary, the Saints? Very interesting.

Our anti-Christian professed Christian.

Klinker said:
 Can't say that I really care about Avenatti one way or the other.  Stormy Daniels is the principal in the case, I doubt she will have much trouble finding someone else to represent her interests.
That said, for someone like you who embraces every pussy grabber, rapist and wife beater who rises to prominence in the GOP (and there are so many of them these days) I find your outrage a bit hypocritical.

BG9 said:
Here you are again, supporting the unsupportable. Gloating and wishing that Avenatti's issues will dirty his clients. The problem is there is a paper trail supporting Daniels, like the payoff and the legal agreement that pussy grabber tried to suppress.

What is your psychology that makes you defender of the vile and odious, like pussy grabbers? You get like a tingle when you defend them? You also get a tingle in Church professing your love for God, Jesus, Mother Mary, the Saints? Very interesting.

Why are MOLers so taken by the term "pussy grabber", it seems perverted and very Trumpite (i.e. a follower of an elected person and lowering oneself to the person's base tendencies). 

LOST said:
Presumed innocent.

mtierney said:
just like Kavanaugh was

So should Avenatti be appointed to the Supreme Court?

LOST said:

LOST said:
Presumed innocent.

mtierney said:
just like Kavanaugh was
 So should Avenatti be appointed to the Supreme Court?

Apparently he can yell just as loud.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/15/mike-avenatti-blames-jacob-wohl-for-his-domestic-violence-arrest/

lord_pabulum said:

Klinker said:

BG9 said:

Why are MOLers so taken by the term "pussy grabber", it seems perverted and very Trumpite (i.e. a follower of an elected person and lowering oneself to the person's base tendencies). 

So happy to see you pick up on this question. ( I knew if I had ever mentioned it, I would just see more dirty words here.) It is smutty talk done to titilate IMO. A certain poster revels in usage of the phrase. It does not shock me, rather his habitual use just disgusts me. Apparently, bad taste is catching, BG9.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.