The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with a lack of moral compass.

Jerseyperson said:

mtierney said:

I mean, why do you need to write vulgar language, over and over again? 
Klinker said:

I mean, what did you think he was talking about?

Those are the words of one Donald trump. If vulgar language upsets you, why on earth would you vote for that small fingered vulgarian?

I can't help but think of Trump's issue with Obama's arrival in China:

“If that were me,” Trump said, “I’d say, ‘You know what folks, I respect you a lot, let’s close the doors, let’s get out of here.”’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/05/trump-obama-china-trip-snub-clinton-ohio-campaign

He's constantly trying to be better then Obama - and he feels like he's truly winning in this regard.  Such a bizarre brain at work. #sad

mtierney said:

I mean, why do you need to write vulgar language, over and over again? 
Klinker said:

I mean, what did you think he was talking about?

Vulgar language?  You yourself said "I absolutely love his non-politically correct take on many issues; his blunt talk is so refreshing after 8 years of learned double talk which sounded classy but was so weak"

Isn't this vulgarity exactly what you are talking about? What could be a more "non-politically correct take" take on the issue of sexual assault?

Vulgar language, petty insults, incessant whining and complaining, low class behavior, no accountability - that is what Trump supporters voted for and what they got.

What about Bill, who rose to elder statesman of the DNC, gets millions of dollars to charm an audience, and could have become CO-POTUS ? That is certainly the role he would have eased into had Hillary won.

Silence from Dems on the What about Bill question  has closed mouths for decades.

I am only the messenger - sans vulgarity in expressing my opinions. Do I approve of POTUS using it? Absolutely not? Do I approve of his twitter habit? No, however there may be some merit to DJT’s assertions that he reaches out to millions of people in his own words — not media’s.

And now we have Al Franken walking toward the public pillory .

mtierney said:

What about....

What about, what about, what about....

Yeah, with Trump its always "what about".  An actual defense is impossible.

In any case, my post wasn't about Trump per se, it was about the "non-politically correct take on many issue" and the "blunt talk" that you find so refreshing. 

Hypocrisy, in other words.

mtierney said:

the What about Bill question  has closed mouths for decades.

Mtierney, before you make an even bigger fool of yourself I suggest you read the following: 

Wikipedia: Whataboutism

"Whataboutism (also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument,[1][2][3] which is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.[4][5][6] When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union, the Soviet response would be "What about..." followed by an event in the Western world"

mtierney said:

And now we have Al Franken walking toward the public pillory .

Maybe he can cite our nation's Chief Magistrate in his defense:

"I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

nohero said:

I think this should go here.

President Trump has made 1,628 false or misleading claims over 298 days

Perhaps "blunt talk" is mtierneyspeak for "shameless lying".

what about Al Franken?

mtierney said:

what about Al Franken?

Klinker said:

mtierney said:

the What about Bill question  has closed mouths for decades.

Mtierney, before you make an even bigger fool of yourself I suggest you read the following: 

Wikipedia: Whataboutism

"Whataboutism (also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument,[1][2][3] which is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.[4][5][6] When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union, the Soviet response would be "What about..." followed by an event in the Western world"

oh oh 

LOST said:

And here's what's happening in Washington.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/16/trump-white-house-roy-moore-245554

No moral leadership whatsoever. But no surprise. One shouldn't expect moral leadership from the immoral.

That's his Christmas present to Eric and Junior.

Somebody needs to give guns to the elephants.

excerpts from Joanne’s link.....

“US Fish and Wildlife Service said in a written notice that permitting elephants from Zimbabwe and Zambia to be brought back as trophies will raise money for conservation programs.

“The change marks a shift in efforts to stop the importation of elephant tusks and hides, overriding a 2014 ban imposed by the Obama administration. The new policy applies to the remains of African elephants killed between January 2016 and December 2018.

"Legal, well-regulated sport hunting as part of a sound management program can benefit certain species by providing incentives to local communities to conserve those species and by putting much-needed revenue back into conservation," the agency said in a statement.”

I could never shoot an elephant myself, but I believe that animal conservation groups must have the insight to do what is right! 

while the rest of the world is united in refusing to have anything to do with this, the US yet again turns back the clock. 

mtierney said:

excerpts from Joanne’s link.....

“US Fish and Wildlife Service said in a written notice that permitting elephants from Zimbabwe and Zambia to be brought back as trophies will raise money for conservation programs.

“The change marks a shift in efforts to stop the importation of elephant tusks and hides, overriding a 2014 ban imposed by the Obama administration. The new policy applies to the remains of African elephants killed between January 2016 and December 2018.

"Legal, well-regulated sport hunting as part of a sound management program can benefit certain species by providing incentives to local communities to conserve those species and by putting much-needed revenue back into conservation," the agency said in a statement.”

I could never shoot an elephant myself, but I believe that animal conservation groups must have the insight to do what is right! 

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/11/151715-conservation-trophy-hunting-elephants-tusks-poaching-zimbabwe-namibia/

‘But a closer look at trophy hunting in Africa shows that the industry employs few people and that the money from hunt fees that trickles down to needy villagers is minimal. Government corruption can be a factor. In Zimbabwe, for instance, individuals associated with President Robert Mugabe have seized lands in lucrative hunting areas. Trophy hunting isn’t stopping poaching, especially in countries that have a poor record of protecting their wildlife.‘

mtierney said:

What about Bill, who rose to elder statesman of the DNC, gets millions of dollars to charm an audience, and could have become CO-POTUS ? That is certainly the role he would have eased into had Hillary won.

Silence from Dems on the What about Bill question  has closed mouths for decades.

mugabe got dumped today, so there is that

So true.  Thank you Ridski.

Mugabe has not been dumped nor ousted. He’s currently detained in his home, fairly comfortably resisting calls to step down. 

He will probably (if Zimbabwe is lucky) resign on Friday, so he can leave the country with his family. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-42020416

nohero said:

I think this should go here.

President Trump has made 1,628 false or misleading claims over 298 days

Is that all? Seems like more than that.

As the adorable baby suggests, sometimes examples are necessary to get a point across to closed minds, confused 

ridski said:

mtierney said:

mtierney said:

As the adorable baby suggests, sometimes examples are necessary to get a point across to closed minds, confused 

From our resident expert on having a hermitically sealed mind.

"But she also appeared to signal that what is currently considered a fireable offense may have been more often overlooked during the Clinton era. 'Things have changed today, and I think under those circumstances there should be a very different reaction,' Ms. Gillibrand said. 'And I think in light of this conversation, we should have a very different conversation about President Trump, and a very different conversation about allegations against him.' ”

So now that you agree with her, what do you think should be done with President Trump?

mtierney said:

a Democrat speaks out...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/us/politics/gillibrand-bill-clinton-sexual-misconduct.html?ref=todayspaper

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.