The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

Reposting from Friday, since there was no response.

South_Mountaineer said:
mtierney said:

We, the public, have to be agents of change. Positive, not negative support for POTUS.
Okay, what are the positive things about "POTUS", and do you deny the existence of negative things?

And I'm asking for specifics, not "MAGA" or attitude or a vague generality.  The negative comments about Trump have focused on specific actions and positions.  So if you want "positive support", list something specific to be positive about.

ridski said:

This conservative writer at National Review makes no bones about considering the verdict a travesty.

http://www.nationalreview.com/...

They did their best considering laws are on the books immunizing cops. Any complaints should be directed to the politicians we electing and keep on electing, the ones who wrote those laws.

According to American case law, if cops believe their life is in danger, it does not matter if it truly is or isn't, all they have to do is believe it. The decades old cases of Tennessee v Garner and Graham v Connor both shaped for future juries what police could and could not get away with.

In essence, the decisions granted police the ability to act on what they reasonably believe to be a threat, real or imagined. The threat might not exist, but if it does in the head of the officer, and they act on that perceived threat, the law can grant them near immunity from prosecution.

I did not know a response was mandatory. My bad.

South_Mountaineer said:

South_Mountaineer said:
mtierney said:

We, the public, have to be agents of change. Positive, not negative support for POTUS.
Okay, what are the positive things about "POTUS", and do you deny the existence of negative things?

And I'm asking for specifics, not "MAGA" or attitude or a vague generality.  The negative comments about Trump have focused on specific actions and positions.  So if you want "positive support", list something specific to be positive about.

Responses are not mandatory.

It's just civil and polite to answer a question when it's put to you in a discussion (hint, hint) forum.

mtierney said:

South_Mountaineer said:

South_Mountaineer said:
mtierney said:

How beauteous mankind is, oh brave new world, that has such people in it!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-...

People are dumb as f

ridski, what are they going to when G&S season starts??? 

Voltaire and his friends would really be enjoying this! cheese

Edited to add: do you think such people realise their favourite nursery rhymes and fairy tales are political allegories?? And often they were used to incite riots, and passed on the historical accounts of the bases of autocratic suppression of civil unrest??

drummerboy said:

Responses are not mandatory.

It's just civil and polite to answer a question when it's put to you in a discussion (hint, hint) forum.

mtierney said:

South_Mountaineer said:

South_Mountaineer said:
mtierney said:

When you don't respond to questions like this, it comes accross as the reason you support him is well, just because...  

And the only reason that we can come up with behind "because" is that he had an (R) next to his name.

She also has never answered the question about how she can reconcile Trump's behavior and policy positions with her faith.  (Or if so, then I missed it and would appreciate being pointed to the post.)

I'm curious about this as well.

It's a balancing act.

Good and evil

Right and wrong

Free will

Prayer

Faith

It isn't always easy, but worth the trouble.

mtierney said:

It's a balancing act.

Good and evil

Right and wrong

Free will

Prayer

Faith

That's nice, but it isn't an answer.

Specifics please.

What's the good? What's the evil?

What is right about his policies? What is wrong? Both parties if you will.

Free will to do what?

What are you praying for?

What about the Republican Party in general and Donald Trump in specific gives you faith?

Thread drift: Spicer's going?? Or being sideways promoted??

mtierney said:

It's a balancing act.

Good and evil

Right and wrong

Free will

Prayer

Faith

considering that you seem to be a one-issue voter, I'm assuming you mean that in your view abortion is an evil and opposition to it balances out everything else Trump and the Republican Party are doing.

A response was no mandatory.  You admonished others to give "positive support" and not be negative against "POTUS".  I asked whether you had an example of something to be positive about, and wanted to be sure that wasn't missed.  And as others have pointed out, apparently there aren't any examples that come to mind.  So excuse me if I'm not positive about the guy if nobody has a reason to be.

mtierney said:

South_Mountaineer said:

South_Mountaineer said:
mtierney said:

sac said:

mtierney said:

It's a balancing act.

Good and evil

Right and wrong

Free will

Prayer

Faith

Not the answer you are looking for -- but it is my answer.

JimMurphy asks what is free will? 

It is doing what your conscience, after thinking about whatever is the issue, gives you the confidence to make your own decision.

It's complicated.

mtierney said:

sac said:

mtierney said:

It's a balancing act.

Good and evil

Right and wrong

Free will

Prayer

Faith

It is doing what your conscience, after thinking about whatever is the issue, gives you the confidence to make your own decision.

It's complicated.

I didn't ask "what is free will?"

I asked free will to do what?

I asked other questions as well, but none were answered.

Tough crowd this morning! LOL 

Too many questions. Do I need to get lawyered up?

jimmurphy said:

mtierney said:

sac said:

mtierney said:

It's a balancing act.

Good and evil

Right and wrong

Free will

Prayer

Faith

It's complicated.

I didn't ask "what is free will?"

I asked free will to do what?

I asked other questions as well, but none were answered.

It's ok if your answer is that you don't want to answer.

mtierney said:

Tough crowd this morning! LOL 

Too many questions. Do I need to get lawyered up?

Georgia: what is your take on this? Dems spent more (a record) presented a youthful candidate with appeal (France, Canada) and still lost. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...

His best shot was winning the primary against the fractured R ticket. Republicans are going to vote Republican the vast majority of the time. The Dems probably should have tried to link her to the detestable Trump.

It's still a massive swing in the right direction, but I don't trust the national Democrats to be good at this game.

there are a lot of people who will never, ever, ever vote for a Democrat.  Karen Handel is as terrible and awful as can be and she got a majority of votes in her district.  Ossoff wasn't a particularly inspiring candidate, but if Handel can win in one of the most well-educated districts in the country, it indicates that there is a very large percentage of voters who will vote for virtually anyone with an R next to his/her name.  If anything, yesterday was a confirmation of Trump's claim that he could shoot someone dead in the middle of 5th Avenue and his base won't desert him.  I worry for this country when 40% of voters would likely vote for Satan if he rose from the underworld and ran for Congress as a Republican.

here's a question for mtierney.  If an election for POTUS were held today, which of these two candidates would get your vote?  The one on the top is a Republican, and fully supports the GOP platform.  And well, we know who the other one is.

I would stay home under the bed, because the world as we have known it is coming to an end.

there you have it.

Hypothetically, if Donald Trump did actually shoot an innocent person dead in cold blood (confirmed by  video), but he was out on parole and running for re-elction as president, would you vote for him?

mtierney said:

yet another example of the Times putting opinion on Page 1 -- no matter your views, this was the verdict and we must have trust in the justice system -- and in our police.

Dang! You made me turn my whole desktop computer upside down!

Nancy Pelosi is one of the biggest monsters in the GOP mind, but nobody ever explains why.  They just say "Nancy Pelosi" as if it is self-explanatory.

mtierney said:

I would stay home under the bed, because the world as we have known it is coming to an end.

sorry - can't seem to rotate photos on iPhone big surprise 

I was going to paste a photo of Hitler as Pelosi's opponent.  Maybe I should have.  That would be a terrific question for GOPers -- if Hitler came back from the dead and ran for POTUS against Pelosi, whom would you vote for?

South_Mountaineer said:

Nancy Pelosi is one of the biggest monsters in the GOP mind, but nobody ever explains why.  They just say "Nancy Pelosi" as if it is self-explanatory.
mtierney said:

If Republicans can vote for Trump, they can vote for anyone.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.