The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

Mtierney' can't square her politics with her faith so she won't, ever.  

Its called hypocrisy and it is what got an evil, racist, pu$$y grabbing, monster selected President.

Jimmy Carter's view on what caused an %$#@, *&^#$, monster named DJT to be elected:

I don't agree with everything that JimmyC has to say but he has some interesting insights

Klinker said:

Its called hypocrisy and it is what got an evil, racist, pu$$y grabbing, monster selected President.

yeah, but he forgot to mention, you know, the electoral college. 'cause no one ever does.

RealityForAll said:

Jimmy Carter's view on what caused an %$#@, *&^#$, monster named DJT to be elected:

I don't agree with everything that JimmyC has to say but he has some interesting insights

Klinker said:

mtierney said:

Leaving the Church of the Beatitudes, with pamphlets from the church, as we boarded the bus again, we Christians and Jews marveled how much alike we were!

I visited the Blue Mosque in Istanbul and marveled at how much alike we Jews and Muslims are. 

I was impressed with the art when I visited the Vatican but didn't find anything there that would make me think Christians and Jews are much alike in their religious beliefs.

I don't have to leave South Orange/Maplewood to understand how Jewish, Christian, and Muslim beliefs have so much in common.

LOST said:

mtierney said:

Leaving the Church of the Beatitudes, with pamphlets from the church, as we boarded the bus again, we Christians and Jews marveled how much alike we were!

I visited the Blue Mosque in Istanbul and marveled at how much alike we Jews and Muslims are. 

I was impressed with the art when I visited the Vatican but didn't find anything there that would make me think Christians and Jews are much alike in their religious beliefs.

I am a Christian.  I've been to the Vatican several times.   The art and architecture there is spectacular and historic, but there very very little there that meshes with my religious beliefs either.

Lost: the Judeo-Christian culture and theology have been entwined since Christ died on the Cross. Jesus was s Jew as were most of the Apostles.

When we were in Istanbul, and visited the Blue Mosque, I do not remember a religious connection, but it was still a shrine to a great religion and impressive 

mtierney said:

Lost: the Judeo-Christian culture and theology have been entwined since Christ died on the Cross. Jesus was s Jew as were most of the Apostles.

When we were in Istanbul, and visited the Blue Mosque, I do not remember a religious connection, but it was still a shrine to a great religion and impressive 

it has always seemed to me that many Christians forget that Jesus and the Apostles were Jews. I do not think "entwined" is the most accurate term. Certainly the Religions are related but Christianity, while derived from Judaism is a break from Judaism. Judaism's most  essential prayer says "The Lord is One". Christianity is based on the Trinity. Jews await the coming of the Messiah, Christians await a "Second Coming". And the very fact of all the religiously themed art and iconography in Christianity Makes it very different from Judaism. 

In the three ways I have cited Islam is closer to Judaism.

I think rereading the post on this thread explaining Sharia Law would disabuse you of that notion, Lost.

I am not sure what post you are talking about but I think there was a link somewhere to an article which was soundly criticized as being biased and inaccurate.

Orthodox Jewish Law is pretty tough and strict.

But I was not thinking about religious law I was thinking about the concept of GOD.

Here is a scholarly article comparing Halacha, Jewish religious law, to Sharia. The author is a Jewish Professor who teaches at Catholic University!

http://www.momentmag.com/why-j...

mtierney said:

Much to the dismay of the hundreds of thousands of Jews murdered by Christians even before the Holocaust.

sigh - re-read Leviticus.

mtierney said:

I think rereading the post on this thread explaining Sharia Law would disabuse you of that notion, Lost.

MOL POSTERS:

In your thinking, how accurate is this synopsis of the Israel/Palestine ? What would your solution be?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...

mtierney said:

MOL POSTERS:

In your thinking, how accurate is this synopsis of the Israel/Palestine conflict? What would your solution be?

If I had a solution why would I be wasting time posting it on MOL?

mtierney said:

mtierney said:

MOL POSTERS:

In your thinking, how accurate is this synopsis of the Israel/Palestine conflict? What would your solution be?

Questions: the differences between whistleblowers and leakers? 

The media have always depended on what was once called "tips." The tippers had to have secret meetings with journalists (WP) as we all can recall -- thanks to a good book and even better movie. That was termed a "leak".

Now we have a security employee with top secret clearance working in government who decides to leak documents to a news outlet -- much easier to accomplish in the digital world.

Have our journalists become lazy and way too competitive?

The secret plans for D-Day, 6/6/44 were known by our Allies and preparations were extensive. Think how difficult communications were back then. 

How can governments trust employees who collect salaries and benefits and then betray that trust? Or, is there another provider offering much more to leakers than we know?

Disgruntled employees?

I remember the slogan "Loose lips sink ships". We are now in the digital spy/traitor  era. 

See corrected link below

the journalists in that article do look pretty complacent.  some of them are just lying around on the tops of their desks.

mtierney said:

The media have always depended on what was once called "tips." The tippers had to have secret meetings with journalists (WP) as we all can recall -- thanks to a good book and even better movie. That was termed a "leak".

Now we have a security employee with top secret clearance working in government who decides to leak documents to a news outlet -- much easier to accomplish in the digital world.

The secret plans for D-Day, 6/6/44 were known by our Allies and preparations were extensive. Think how difficult communications were back then. 

How can governments trust employees who collect salaries and benefits and then betray that trust? Or, is there another provider offering much more to leakers than we know?

Disgruntled employees?

I remember the slogan "Loose lips sink ships". We are now in the digital spy/traitor  era. 

ml1 said:

the journalists in that article do look pretty complacent.  some of them are just lying around on the tops of their desks.
mtierney said:

Disgruntled employees?

They've probably been drinking, too. Most of them need to be held up for their photos, buncha slobs.

Aye, tis a great article, but 3 times?

opps, that cat link is days old. The leaker story pops up and goes away. I will try to post tha correct later todaybb.

https://www.facebook.com/nytim...

ridski said:

why are you hating on cats?

ml1 said:

ridski said:

Good point. It's a better musical than Carrie, but only just.

ridski said:

ml1 said:

ridski said:

Good point. It's a better musical than Carrie, but only just.

We have the best cats.  A lot of people are saying that they've never seen such fantastic cats. 

Anything happening in Washington, or is it just another quiet news day?

dave23 said:

Anything happening in Washington, or is it just another quiet news day?

Four guys rode into town, said nothing, then rode back out again.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.