Today's Google Doodle

Celebrating Eiji Tsuburaya's 114th Birthday with an interactive doodle

Is that what it was all about?! I just couldn't work it out! smile

Celebrating New Horizons Pluto Flyby

Just the normal Google logo here today. I like that Magna Carta one - was it animated?

Aww darn! It was the animated one that marcsierra saw in Australia yesterday: New Horizons swoops past the second O (Pluto) of Google. I just refreshed the page and it disappeared, leaving the plain logo. :-(

Anniversary of the first electric traffic light. This doodle is also animated.

Now, I saw that and I thought ' betcha marksierra posts it!!' I believe there's a NJ connection to the tale?

marksierra said:
Anniversary of the first electric traffic light. This doodle is also animated.

A little bit of thread drift. Friends of mine just hosted a couple just arrived from Sierra Leone. The husband is here on a college scholarship. They had never seen a traffic light - Apparently there is not a single traffic light in the entire country. We take so much for granted.

It seems that Google was a 1953 Raymond Chandler joke:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/12/9136311/raymond-chandler-google-letters

Google changed its logo today. Imagine the cost to roll it out.

That's a shame. Catull is (was) an elegant font. This looks childish. (But give me a minute and I'll get used to it.)

It's hardly the first time they've changed their logo.

Google has turned 17!

Google celebrates the announcement that water has been found on Mars - the image moves, too.

It's a fun one today.  Test your musical knowledge and celebrate the birthday of Ludwig Van!

https://www.google.com/doodles/celebrating-ludwig-van-beethovens-245th-year?doodle=18611475&domain_name=google.co.uk&hl=en

Actually, I couldn't read all the notes exactly, so I did make one error.   cheese  Then I started re-arranging them all to see how they sounded out of order.  Once the order was correct, the animation started before all measures were played.   smile 

That's interesting, Ididn't read the notes at all! Just played each snippet and arranged in order by sound. Got them all right, which just shows I watched a lot of Schroeder as a child (and went to the occasional concert)....

deborahg said:

That's interesting, Ididn't read the notes at all! Just played each snippet and arranged in order by sound. Got them all right, which just shows I watched a lot of Schroeder as a child (and went to the occasional concert)....

Interesting.  It never occurred to me to listen to the individual snippets to try to figure out the order.  I looked at the notes.   I wonder if this is one of those "different learning styles" things.

Winter Solstice 

https://g.co/doodle/x7f785

I wondered why there was no Summer Solstice doodle on offer to Australians (and Kiwis), but it seems Google decided that only continental South America enjoys a Summer Solstice.

LOL

Could that be because Aussie ABC gained important Aussie Google (Alphabet?) personnel, so they were a bit miffed??? cheese 

Could be ... although, as a former colleague of mine (at that same organisation) put it, if you have to choose between a conspiracy theory and a stuff-up, go for the stuff-up every time. grrr 

Now that sounds like my theory of computing!!!  oh oh 

I'm not sure how to do the screenshot, esp from the iPad: today's Doodle (now it's just turned Christmas Eve in Australia) shows Santa starting to pack the sleigh. Teeny but cute animation. 

And today we have Holidays 2015 Day 1

Musicmz, no, all I see in your screen grab is melting icy poles (ice creams). We had the cutouts, then (now) we have Santa putting gifts down a chimney. (I thought it was down onto a teeny sleigh, but it was half-past midnight then) 

ETA ack. My autochecker is so corrupted it changes everything I type. 

hehehe Santa is now working in his shirtsleeves, and chucking those presents over his shoulder pretty fast! He's been speeding up his throwing rate throughout the day, and colour of the facade of the 'palace' forming Google has changed from midnight-icy blues (nighttime) to golden-morning hues to midday rosy and green tones, now to more rich afternoon almost autumnal tones (weird, considering its summer here). 

Most strange.  I'm still seeing the paper cut-out designs.  Maybe it's to do with my server being in another city.  I'll take a look when I get home.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.