The Uncaged Bird -My first Hummingbird has arrived 4/26/2024

Nice. Instead of the feeders blowing around, I just threw a lot of seed on the snow several times. I have a junco army. A junta of juncos?

We had a battalion of juncos today as well 

Not snowing, but raining non-stop here, heavily. Half the night and all day. Very bedraggled feathery friends desperately seeking shelter anywhere they can (and pooping all over my balustrades). 
Stay safe everyone!

So I guess this Junco is AWOL.

Morganna said:

So I guess this Junco is AWOL.

There was a pair of them in my yard today, although the breast was a yellowish cream.

krnl said:

There was a pair of them in my yard today, although the breast was a yellowish cream.

It's encouraging to see them through this dark wintery weather. February is the toughest month for me. Once I see March on the calendar I feel Spring has arrived and I can face whatever cold it throws at me. 

Such a handsome fellow!

oots said:

Such a handsome fellow!

I was thinking it would be fun to just post cardinals on Valentine's Day. Old or new shots. 

Morganna said:

I was thinking it would be fun to just post cardinals on Valentine's Day. Old or new shots. 

lets do it!

OK, let's see if anyone can figure out these shots.

busy morning at the feeders

oots said:

Maplewood? What is the bird in the first shot? The color reminds me of a Cedar Waxwing but I can't see the face.

Morganna said:

Maplewood? What is the bird in the first shot? The color reminds me of a Cedar Waxwing but I can't see the face.

goldfinch

Are those little birdies in a birdbath? Nice woodpecker, oots.

Had a dream last night that the goldfinches had already begun transitioning to their summer coats.

oots said:

That woodpecker! Beautiful. 

OK I'm posting on the thread title to gather your pictures of cardinals or any other red birds to post on Valentine's Day. Old ones, new ones and we can post the slightly red females for a shout out to the under honered girls on the wing. 

Snap away.

Morganna said:

OK I'm posting on the thread title to gather your pictures of cardinals or any other red birds to post on Valentine's Day. Old ones, new ones and we can post the slightly red females for a shout out to the under honered girls on the wing. 

Snap away.

Yay for acknowledging the female cardinals. So beautiful too

birdwatcher said:

Morganna said:

Snap away.

Yay for acknowledging the female cardinals. So beautiful too

Indeed they are- here is a teaser

oots said:

Beautiful shot. What are you using?

Thanks 

Canon powershot sx 740hs

A pretty basic pocket camera but a nice 40x zoom 

I gotta figure out how to quote only part of a conversation 

Morganna said:

oots said:

Beautiful shot. What are you using?

I take pictures of our cardinals practically every day- they are so pretty!!

Then teach me!!!  question

oots said:

oots said:

Just hit reply then highlight the parts that you don't want to refer to and hit delete, it will leave just the parts you want in green.  

Morganna said:

Just hit reply then highlight the parts that you don't want to refer to and hit delete, it will leave just the parts you want in green.  

thanks-will give it a try!

Great selection! I'm waiting till the morning but have at it!

First, the Female Cardinals! Happy Valentine's Day.

Tomcat posted some lovely photos over in the weather thread that I think he meant to put here

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.