The pub formerly known as O'Reilly's

Soul_29 said:

jeffl said:
I agree with everything above including the dining room chairs.  The bar chairs are super comfortable though.  
 jeffl is a fricking expert on bar stools. 

Funny, whenever and wherever I go you’re there. Hmm.  

jeffl said:

Soul_29 said:

jeffl said:
I agree with everything above including the dining room chairs.  The bar chairs are super comfortable though.  
 jeffl is a fricking expert on bar stools. 
Funny, whenever and wherever I go you’re there. Hmm.  

I resemble that remark. 

Rich Krug is a brilliant chef from Lorenas to Orange Lawn.

Just tried Pickett's for the first time last week.  Food was good and service was excellent (management checked on us several times and our server was great) and drinks were definitely NOT watered down (had I driven, I would have been calling an uber.)  It was busy - so glad to see this new business is doing well.  Only suggestion, maybe improving the acoustics.  Hard to have a completely relaxed conversation without feeling like one is yelling.  Other than that, very pleased and will definitely be going back!

dsasafi,,

Given the comments about noise level, are you looking for ways to reduce it?

Meanwhile, I will wait for Autumn and look forward to the patio.

Formerlyjerseyjack said:
dsasafi,,

Given the comments about noise level, are you looking for ways to reduce it?

Meanwhile, I will wait for Autumn and look forward to the patio.

They’ve installed panels to deaden the sound. It’s better than when they opened.  

I'd love to see some color in the place.

Been to Pickett's 2x.  Good food and service.  

Word on the street has been that reservations are needed typically in order to secure a table, so I would not drop in expecting one.  There was ample room at the long table next to the bar the last time we went (on a weeknight).

I know this sounds a bit too-too, but their gluten-free pizza is excellent. I had it with sausage and fennel. Yum!

marylago said:
I know this sounds a bit too-too, but their gluten-free pizza is excellent. I had it with sausage and fennel. Yum!

Good to know there are gf options there.  I wanted to ask, since I know that folks from the restaurant are on this thread, whether there are any options (beside salad) for my wife, who is allergic to both wheat and dairy.  It's a horrible venn diagram of allergies that makes trying out new restaurants tricky.  The GF pizza probably won't work because of the cheese, but are there many other options or viable modifications?  Thanks.

weirdbeard said:

marylago said:
 Good to know there are gf options there.  I wanted to ask, since I know that folks from the restaurant are on this thread, whether there are any options (beside salad) for my wife, who is allergic to both wheat and dairy.  It's a horrible venn diagram of allergies that makes trying out new restaurants tricky.  The GF pizza probably won't work because of the cheese, but are there many other options or viable modifications?  Thanks.

You can always ask them to leave the cheese off. I was only there once and I took a chance on the pizza—and was impressed, but I don’t remember what other choices they had, but I think there are. 

We have also been there twice, first time they were still new / struggling, second time was much better.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Lessons/Instruction

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!