The Cooking Thread

totally recommend growing your own mushrooms in those kit boxes! So much fun, and now you can get so many varieties not just the plain champignon or field choices that we grew a couple of decades back. I have a friend currently growing shiitake, oyster, Swiss browns, and portobellos all from kits. 

Anyone ever hear of Blue Plate Mayonnaise? Cook's Illustrated just rated it number 1, so naturally I had to order some.

This happened a few years ago, when all of a sudden Duke's Mayonnaise became a thing. I was unimpressed. Still a Hellman's man.

Anyone else have a kitchen gadget problem?

I finally bought one of those Copper Chef pans. They were offering their 9-inch saute for only 11 bucks so I got one. I've seen the infomercial at least 20 times. (yes, I have a problem there too.)

I am, so far, impressed. It's super non-sticky, as advertised. The handle could be heavier,  but for 11 bucks it's a good deal, assuming the surface holds up. Pretty well-built too.

Anyway, kitchen gadget confessions will continue later.

Maybe a separate thread for gadgets? Could get very confusing, by the time we get into pros and cons, fave features, different brands etc. In-between all the recipes and serving suggestions... cheese

I'm always for more thread....

I just have to put in a plug for Unique Pretzels. I find them at the Rt. 10 Farmers Market

Crazy crunchy and tasty.

https://www.uniquesplits.com/original-pretzel-splits.html

I must learn to be more brazen with my use of salt while cooking.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.