Pope Francis, Catholics, and Christians in the news worldwide

Mtierney, I would seriously be interested in knowing how you reconcile your claims to be a Christian with you support of Trump.

"For their part, liberal Catholics are a minority and often find themselves outnumbered, not just within the Catholic church, but among their liberal non-Catholic friends and colleagues. While Catholic liberals likely did not vote for Trump (though those numbers are not reflected in the exit poll), they were neither supported by Clinton’s campaign, as the Wikileaks email dump suggested Democrats taking advantage of the “Catholic spring” with disparaging comments about other groups of Catholics. This signaled that while liberal Catholics may not feel at home in the Republican Party, they aren’t exactly understood by some members of the Democratic Party elite, even though Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Tim Kaine are prominent and powerful Catholic Democrats."

There is an interesting article in Fortune Magazine which analyzes what you asked me. I couldn't manage to get a link, but if you manage to do so, please post it here. TIA

The quote above gives an idea of the challenge Catholics faced on 11/8.

mtierney said:

"For their part, liberal Catholics are a minority and often find themselves outnumbered, not just within the Catholic church, but among their liberal non-Catholic friends and colleagues. While Catholic liberals likely did not vote for Trump (though those numbers are not reflected in the exit poll), they were neither supported by Clinton’s campaign, as the Wikileaks email dump suggested Democrats taking advantage of the “Catholic spring” with disparaging comments about other groups of Catholics. This signaled that while liberal Catholics may not feel at home in the Republican Party, they aren’t exactly understood by some members of the Democratic Party elite, even though Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Tim Kaine are prominent and powerful Catholic Democrats."

There is an interesting article in Fortune Magazine which analyzes what you asked me. I couldn't manage to get a link, but if you manage to do so, please post it here. TIA

The quote above gives an idea of the challenge Catholics faced on 11/8.

Catholic smatholic, in light of Matthew 25: 35-36 how can you possibly claim to be a Christian? You take food from the mouthes of the hungry, you slam the door in the face of the stranger, you spit on the prisoner, you deprive the sick of healthcare.

Every aspect of your political position is a nail slammed into the body of Christ. How can you possibly call yourself a Christian when you devote yourself so whole heartedly to the pursuit of Evil?

Abortion, late term abortion, were issues that many Catholics, liberal and conservative, could not swallow. The undercurrent of unease Christians and Catholics alike was the revamping of culture -- way too much and without a concern for others beliefs.

Respect for any opinion or belief different from the current socially acceptable system was declared in valid and the holder of such beliefs was to be cut out of the discourse.

Do not believe such behavior would pass Biblical muster either.

So, in essence, the ends justify the means? I wonder if German Catholics made similar rationalizations of their support for Hitler. I suspect that, in the end, they found that they had sold their souls and been shortchanged in the bargain.

Claiming to be a Christian and supporting Trump is like claiming to be a vegan and subsisting solely on veal.

I haven't eaten veal in decades -- and the analogy doesn't cut the mustard!

mtierney what is this late term abortion of which you speak? Late term abortion is rarely done and is done to save the life of the mother.

Your beloved republicans seek to cut vital social services, including Social Security, (many elderly people depend on that to survive), Medicare(ditto) , and Medicaid (used by the poor and the disabled who cannot work. )How is any of this prolife?

mtierney said:

I haven't eaten veal in decades -- and the analogy doesn't cut the mustard!

The banality of evil.

So, I am looking forward to hearing mtierney's take on the Milo Yinapoolus situation. As a near professional defender of conservative pedophilia, will she take up the cause of this poor poor man who is being persecuted for his un pc statements? Was he, after all, just saying what every conservative was thinking? Tell us mtierney, how have we done this young man wrong?

I congratulate myself for even having Milo Y. on my radar. Can you supply a link? Once I have the facts, I will offer an opinion.

mtierney said:

I congratulate myself for even having Milo Y. on my radar. Can you supply a link? Once I have the facts, I will offer an opinion.

It was in any newspaper that people read this morning.

Please note that mtierney did not answer my questions. It's good to know she doesn't eat veal. For that matter , neither do I. I do worry about my disabled adult so not having Medicaid though.

Cristabel said:

Please note that mtierney did not answer my questions. It's good to know she doesn't eat veal. For that matter , neither do I. I do worry about my disabled adult so not having Medicaid though.

Mtierney doesn't care because she's getting anti-women's rights SCOTUS appointees.

mtierney said:

Well of course you have him in your sights because he, like you, is a long time defender of people who rape kids.

I don't know if HRC could have known how right she was when she labeled these monsters The Basket of Deplorables.

Found a Milo link -- http://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/20/us/politics/cpac-milo-yiannopoulos.html?ref=todayspaper

He sounds like a genuine looney-toon, going for his 15 minutes. He has lost his book deal, job and numerous other perks. Very good looking on the outside, but rotten within. The fact that you took Milo Y. , a convenient way, to bring this topic to this thread, reveals your obsession.

I do take offense at your last sentence -- you have made this accusation many times and I chose not to engage you. You appear to enjoy insulting me and others of my faith -- and are comfortable attacking us? Sound familiar ?

Your written rages have been scary and over the top.

mtierney said:

I do take offense at your last sentence -- you have made this accusation many times and I chose not to engage you. You appear to enjoy insulting me and others of my faith -- and are comfortable attacking us? Sound familiar ?

The days when you could hide behind your religion are long past.

After an unfortunately slow start, many (most?) Catholics including the Pope have taken a very strong stance against the rape of children by clergy. Your position on this subject may once have been the norm but it certainly seems to be an outlier in Pope Francis' Church. Even now, you cannot bring yourself to condemn the way the Church facilitated the rape of tens of thousands of children around the world.

A truly rotten apple in the basket of deplorables.

well, Dave or Jamie? If the above post doesn't constitute a personal attack, how do you define one?

Did you report it, mtierney?

mtierney said:

well, Dave or Jamie? If the above post doesn't constitute a personal attack, how do you define one?

When the truth seems like a personal attack, I would suggest that it is time for some reflection and, ultimately, some change. Everything I said is documented in your posts on this thread.

Klinker, you're out of line.

Klinker said:

mtierney said:

When the truth seems like a personal attack, I would suggest that it is time for some reflection and, ultimately, some change. Everything I said is documented in your posts on this thread.

tjohn said:

Klinker, you're out of line.
Klinker said:

mtierney said:

In what sense?

Are you claiming that mtierney has not championed clerical rapists for years? Has she not repeatedly attacked victims groups on this very thread? Is she not a champion of the rapist who is currently infesting the White House?

In the end, we will all be judged and held accountable. Perhaps Pope Francis will yet bring light to those who's souls have been darkened. We can only hope for the best.

@Dave

@Jamie

I have never contact either of you on this matter before now -- even when previous hate speech was even more threatening-- I hope you will review the attacks which have gone now for years on this thread.

Thank you.

mtierney said:

@Dave

@Jamie

Use the Report button next to the quote button.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Rentals

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!