The Bitching Thread

I'd like to expand that to blast ALL junk mail. Seriously, what I need to put into recycling on a weekly basis could save a rain forest.

PeggyC said:

I'd like to expand that to blast ALL junk mail. Seriously, what I need to put into recycling on a weekly basis could save a rain forest.
There's that.

But look at it from the other side. If there was no junk mail, there'd be no work for the advertising agencies, the designers, the artists, the printers, and the delivery people.

grrr

And postage would go up 10x in price.

It's about to, anyway, in Australia, if our wonder-govt gets its way.

Don't blame me - I didn't vote for them!

Our postage goes up so often I never have a clue what the current rate is. And the post office is largely unreliable. That's a bitching thread in its own right. And there are several on MOL to prove it.

PeggyC said:

In my book the king of the junk mailers is AARP.

My favorite junk mail: The birthday card I get every year from my parents, addressed to me using the married name that is not my legal name and I don't use. The card usually includes a check also made out to me with the married name that I don't use and which is not on my checking account. I complain about this every year and the response is basically, "Too bad, you're a married lady and this is your name." This year I decided I had had enough of this disrespect and there ended up being a huge blowup over it at my parents' beach house on Sunday which basically ruined everyone's Memorial Day weekend. I think that's worth bitching about...

snake That's hurtful.

It sounds as if they are saying that you are not a full member of your mom's nuclear family, that you are a full member of your own nuclear family.

bluepool said:

My favorite junk mail: The birthday card I get every year from my parents, addressed to me using the married name that is not my legal name and I don't use. The card usually includes a check also made out to me with the married name that I don't use and which is not on my checking account. I complain about this every year and the response is basically, "Too bad, you're a married lady and this is your name." This year I decided I had had enough of this disrespect and there ended up being a huge blowup over it at my parents' beach house on Sunday which basically ruined everyone's Memorial Day weekend. I think that's worth bitching about...

Sorry it came down to that but really, it's 2014, wtf?

My account on MOL doesn't work properly, so that I have to post everything twice. I have told Dave and Jamie, sent them the error message, and I have been told that there aren't enough people with the problem to make it worth their time to find the solution. That also feels like I have been wiped out.

Office air-conditioning is not working and it's very, very warm in here.

bluepool said:

My mother did the same thing but always tried to pretend it was just a slip-up. Every time, over the course of many years.

amie said:

oh, and they didn't strip their bed before they left. they left the sheets on the bed and their wet towels on our (carpeted) floor.

UGH! That's my biggest pet peeve!

We recently had guests (but they were lovely and we really enjoyed them) but after I requested that they shove every towel and linen into a laundry bag that I left for them, I got nothing. Now I have to go up to the third floor and strip it all down and lug all to the basement. Sounds nit picky, but really, it's a bonus to the hosts if more people did this.

The stripping the bed thing is something I've always taken very seriously. When we used to stay with my mother for a couple of days, not only would I strip the bed, but I would also put it in the wash and make sure it was in the dryer before we left. And I would make up the bed with clean sheets.

Why has this thread gone quiet - have we run out of things to whine about? :-D

I don't think it's good form to bitch about the Adults Running Our Government! When it's not their govt...well, this year's gripes are too many to bore our friends with.
And anyway, I started a Part 2 a few weeks ago.
grrr

I think it means that we were actually enjoying the summer. ;-)

I meant to search for this thread at the start of the summer and whine about all the people who order iced coffee at Dunkin Donuts and slow down the line.

Now I would like to whine about teaching in a non-airconditioned part of the building.

My car is full of books ready to donate but the donation bin at the SOPL is full.

Humph.

joanne said:

... I started a Part 2 a few weeks ago.
grrr
Did you? This one still had plenty of life in it!

This thread just started and it's too frickin long to read.

Nobody's written anything since my last b!tch and moan. Now I'm gonna have to go to bed. Dang.

I'm too busy trying not to stuff up critical paperwork...
Happy dreams!

Alright, so we don't play the game the way you did when you were at school .. and it sometimes runs for days without a conclusion .. and it seems that only a few people frequent it ... and, there's probably more I could bleat about, but I won't.

We've evolved .. and so has the MOL game of Boticelli. (Look for it under the Word and Picture Games heading)

Look in. Join in ... you'll be most welcome.

PS. We don't bite.

I hate it when people cross post. Especially in the same category. With threads of nearly identical titles.

:-p

ParticleMan said:

I hate it when people cross post. Especially in the same category. With threads of nearly identical titles.
:-p

Gotta get the message out somehow

:-D

Bad Parenting!! We were at the South Orange street fair today. This woman puts her son (toddler) on the line for the slide. She walks about 20' away and has a deep conversation with her friend. It was taking about ten minutes to get on the slide. Her son decides to cut the entire line I explained to him to wait his turn he could care less, I told the mother and she said her son was on line, I said I know but behind us and 5 others. She also could care less. The kid was already on the slide, now I have to explain to my son why the kid cut everyone. If you don't want to watch your kids then don't have any. I would of been the bad guy if I moved him back. Then about 5 minutes later I see her panicking looking for her kid. He was about 30 yards away. I know there aren't bad kids but there sure are bad parents.

marksierra said:

Alright, so we don't play the game the way you did when you were at school .. and it sometimes runs for days without a conclusion .. and it seems that only a few people frequent it ... and, there's probably more I could bleat about, but I won't.

We've evolved .. and so has the MOL game of Boticelli. (Look for it under the Word and Picture Games heading)

Look in. Join in ... you'll be most welcome.

PS. We don't bite.

Maybe more of us would play if we could figure out what rules you actually ARE using... (that's both responding to a "bitch" and exercising my own "bitch" at the same time).

grin) it's basically yes/no, not 20 Questions. We supply the first letter of the family name and you ask questions to which Quizmaster can answer yes or no. When you think you have enough info, make a guess...

My bitch: I had better things to today than spend15 hours straight in the office, on the first day of my vacation, getting ready for tomorrow's audit. I am NOT happy.

DO NOT CLIP YOUR NAILS ON THE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.