Wow! An adult discussion has broken out about a political issue.

Klinker said:

jimmurphy said:
Klinker said:

This whole "we hate Bernie followers but we want their votes" thing seems like a loser to me.  You are already asking us to eat garbage.  Don't ask us to compose odes to its deliciousness.

I don't think anyone has said "we hate Bernie followers." Most have even acknowledged liking many of the ideas, but seeing them as impractical to implement. What has been said is that they hate the continued tactics of mudslinging and vilification. Big difference.

Cause the Clintons have never slung mud....

It may be time to get over it. I haven't read one pro-HRC post that showed hatred for Bernie's followers. If anything, and as JM says, we've been careful to laud his ideals while keeping both feet on the ground.

Klinker said:

Does anyone remember the PUMA movement back in 08 and all those HRC supporters who would never violate their moral code by voting for a black man?  Where was HRC's outrage then?

She very successfully got most of them to vote for Obama.  She worked her a$$ off to get Obama elected.   

She actually worked pretty hard to reign in the crazies among her supporters.

Anyway, there are always crazies and the candidate can't control it all.  But toning things down goes a long way, and I think Bernie is doing some of this, just as I've seen Clinton make overtures to Bernie supporters.

Klinker said:

Does anyone remember the PUMA movement back in 08 and all those HRC supporters who would never violate their moral code by voting for a black man?  Where was HRC's outrage then?

Then-Senator Clinton stood on the floor of the Democratic Convention, and called for the nomination of then-Senator Obama, by acclamation.

So, that's where she was, historically speaking.

nohero said:
Klinker said:

Then-Senator Clinton stood on the floor of the Democratic Convention, and called for the nomination of then-Senator Obama, by acclamation.

And she did it wholeheartedly and with much grace.  Good on her.

nohero said:
Klinker said:

Well, lets see where we are come the convention.  In May of 08 HRC was still trying to beat Obama by hook or by crook or with all the super delegates she took.

Klinker said:
nohero said:
Klinker said:

Well, lets see where we are come the convention.  In May of 08 HRC was still trying to beat Obama by hook or by crook or with all the super delegates she took.

Yes, I know that.  See my prior comment that you already quoted.

mjh said:
nohero said:
Klinker said:

And she did it wholeheartedly and with much grace.  Good on her.

I expect that Sanders will do the same.   Its premature to suggest he dump his supporters now.

Something like this- 

Sanders:  I'd like to take this time to thank my YUUUGE number of contributors who supported me 2/3 of the way through the nomination process, but now, I think I'm going back to Vermont for the springtime and take a nap.   I'll be rested by the convention and ready to work for the Clinton campaign against the republicans.

When in reality its not time for that yet.  Its time to continue his messaging, to keep pulling Hillary Clinton to the liberal side.

Bernie will come around

Woot said:

Bernie will come around

The moment he joins the establishment, that $30-$40 million a month is going to go somewhere and it won't be to the DNC.   I  think we'll see some form of an independent run or a merger with the Green Party.   The ideological distance between the corportist DNC and the grassroots is too great for any rapprochement. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.