The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

mtierney said:

Gee, quoting Mrs Clinton is so off the charts. I wouldn’t believe her if she said the world was round.

Every time a sex scandal hits the news, she must continue to defend Bill as a victim of lying women. It must get harder to do so over the decades.

The media has its work cut out in 2021.

Why don't you take a moment to reflect on the people you've vocally supported. Let us know if you manage to achieve any self-awareness.

ETA -- I'll get you started. Regarding your cartoon, Cuomo is facing calls for resignation from members of his own party and a probe by the state AG, also a member of his own party. Any contrasts we can draw to other situations?

mtierney said:

Gee, quoting Mrs Clinton is so off the charts. I wouldn’t believe her if she said the world was round.

Every time a sex scandal hits the news, she must continue to defend Bill as a victim of lying women. It must get harder to do so over the decades.

You have a very strange imagination.

The last president is alleged to have raped a 13 year old with his pal Jeffrey Epstein, but sure let's talk about Hillary.

ridski said:

The last president is alleged to have raped a 13 year old with his pal Jeffrey Epstein, but sure let's talk about Hillary.

And he wishes the best for his Epsteins accomplice, Ghislaine:

“She’s now in jail. Yeah, I wish her well. I’d wish you well. I’d wish a lot of people well. Good luck. Let them prove somebody was guilty.”

PVW said:

mtierney said:

Why don't you take a moment to reflect on the people you've vocally supported. Let us know if you manage to achieve any self-awareness.

ETA -- I'll get you started. Regarding your cartoon, Cuomo is facing calls for resignation from members of his own party and a probe by the state AG, also a member of his own party. Any contrasts we can draw to other situations?

I praised the Governor’s daily press marathon right here on MOL. We were all desperate to learn what was happening, and scared for our safety and for our families. He was the “translator” of the bewildering daily reports. In the same manner, I praised Gov. Murphy here, who continues to offer New Jersey residents news and comfort. Both are Democrats, but that was immaterial.

I am as stunned and sickened over the revelations of nursing home death statistics as are all.

mtierney said:

PVW said:

mtierney said:

I praised the Governor’s daily press marathon right here on MOL. We were all desperate to learn what was happening, and scared for our safety and for our families. He was the “translator” of the bewildering daily reports. In the same manner, I praised Gov. Murphy here, who continues to offer New Jersey residents news and comfort. Both are Democrats, but that was material.

I am as stunned and sickened over the revelations of nursing home death statistics as are all.

Hmm, you're not quite there yet. I'll give you a bit more help. Let's do it as a fill-in-the-blank:

"Democrats heaped praise on New York Governor Andrew Cuomo during the covid-19 pandemic. When credible reports of sexual harassment surfaced, however, many in the party called on him to resign and the NY AG, a democrat, launched an investigation. During the 2016 presidential campaign, candidate Donald Trump bragged of sexually assaulting women and Republican voters responded by ____. Over the course of his presidency, numerous credible allegations of sexual harassment and sexual assault by Donald Trump came to light, and Republicans responded by _____. After Donald Trump's resounding loss in the 2020 general elections, Republicans decided that the party's relationship with the disgraced former president, who continues to face serious legal jeopardy over his alleged sexual assaults, should be to _____".

mtierney said:

Of all the sh!t that's happened in the last four years, this has you stunned and sickened? Fudging some numbers?

What do you think of Trump getting the vaccine in secret and not letting the public know about it? Profile in courage, huh?

jamie said:

Junior thought what happened with The Muppets was cancel culture also.  This is Trumpism as it's finest.  The real question is - Is junior smarter or dumber than his dad.  That's a tough question.  I feel it's pretty close.  His dad conned him pretty good.  Or is he aware with this and is complicit with stoking the base with the current set of lies.  Lying is truly a family way of life.  It's pretty much the only way to keep the family business afloat.

I can't even keep up with this nonsense. What happened with the Muppets and Oreos?

I do know that nobody canceled Mr. Potato Head. He still exists and will continue to exist by that name. 

ml1 said:

jamie said:

Junior thought what happened with The Muppets was cancel culture also.  This is Trumpism as it's finest.  The real question is - Is junior smarter or dumber than his dad.  That's a tough question.  I feel it's pretty close.  His dad conned him pretty good.  Or is he aware with this and is complicit with stoking the base with the current set of lies.  Lying is truly a family way of life.  It's pretty much the only way to keep the family business afloat.

I can't even keep up with this nonsense. What happened with the Muppets and Oreos?

I do know that nobody canceled Mr. Potato Head. He still exists and will continue to exist by that name. 

Tomato, Tomahto, potato, cancelculturewaronchristmashillaryclintonwitchhuntwon'tsomeonethinkofthechildren!

ml1 said:

Don't feel bad.  The wingnut outrage cycle has speeded up since the inauguration of a genuine President of the United States in January.

This can all happen in a day or two, so you'll miss the references if you look away:
Event => Invented Wingnut Outrage => Shorthand Reference for Wingnut Outrage

Are the wing nuts burning their kids' Elmo dolls?

PVW said:

Hmm, you're not quite there yet. I'll give you a bit more help. Let's do it as a fill-in-the-blank:

"Democrats heaped praise on New York Governor Andrew Cuomo during the covid-19 pandemic. When credible reports of sexual harassment surfaced, however, many in the party called on him to resign and the NY AG, a democrat, launched an investigation. During the 2016 presidential campaign, candidate Donald Trump bragged of sexually assaulting women and Republican voters responded by ____. Over the course of his presidency, numerous credible allegations of sexual harassment and sexual assault by Donald Trump came to light, and Republicans responded by _____. After Donald Trump's resounding loss in the 2020 general elections, Republicans decided that the party's relationship with the disgraced former president, who continues to face serious legal jeopardy over his alleged sexual assaults, should be to _____".

I think Ms. Mtierney understood you the first time.  She just wanted to show you that she could affirmatively ignore you.

nohero said:

PVW said:

I think Ms. Mtierney understood you the first time.  She just wanted to show you that she could affirmatively ignore you.

Oh, she needn't have bothered. I've watched her affirmatively ignore far more.

It's just kind of a fun game to take her posts literally, since they can't be taken seriously.

didn't know where to put this, so here it is. If you're so inclined, try to count the key changes.

drummerboy said:

didn't know where to put this, so here it is. If you're so inclined, try to count the key changes.

It's not every day that you hear a "Star Spangled Banner" sung all within a single octave.

This is why they hate us.

drummerboy said:

I’m assuming you’re being sarcastic. Otherwise... You started a thread about “them” being THE ENEMY, no?

ridski said:

drummerboy said:

I’m assuming you’re being sarcastic. Otherwise... You started a thread about “them” being THE ENEMY, no?

yup

btw, My Enemy thread doesn't say anything about hating them. That wasn't the point.

since Fox hasn't shown any of the offensive Dr. Seuss images, and therefore mtierney undoubtedly has no clue what the kerfuffle is actually about, here's one for her benefit.

Republicans are acting like a bunch of snowflakes again.

mtierney said:

Of course, Biden didn’t mean what he said.

It helps to be clear on what he said: “The last thing we need is Neanderthal thinking.”

RealClearPolitics got it wrong here: “Biden called the two ‘Neanderthals’ in a media availability on Wednesday.”

DaveSchmidt said:

mtierney said:

Of course, Biden didn’t mean what he said.

If helps to be clear on what he said: “The last thing we need is Neanderthal thinking.”

RealClearPolitics got it wrong here: “Biden called the two ‘Neanderthals’ in a media availability on Wednesday.”

The comments on that article are remarkable.

Conservatives are such a sad example of humanity.

And RCP frequently gets it wrong. (i.e. they frequently lie/distort) They promote themselves as non-partisan, but they're really not. Not as bad as something like The Daily Wire, but pretty bad.

mtierney said:

Democrats have found a new word for Deplorables! Of course, Biden didn’t mean what he said.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/03/04/psaki_biden_wasnt_calling_governors_neanderthals_he_was_comparing_their_behavior_to_neanderthals.html

Republicans are such snowflakes, they have to invent things to get outraged about.  That is really sad.

Beat me to it with the image.

Here’s another one from the same book. 

nohero said:

mtierney said:

Democrats have found a new word for Deplorables! Of course, Biden didn’t mean what he said.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/03/04/psaki_biden_wasnt_calling_governors_neanderthals_he_was_comparing_their_behavior_to_neanderthals.html

Republicans are such snowflakes, they have to invent things to get outraged about.  That is really sad.

You can't even say "neanderthal" these days without some Republican Cancel Warrior (RCW) trying to shut down free speech.

As an aside, has anyone heard anything as blindingly hypocritical as Lindsey Graham complaining about a lack of bipartisanship?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.