The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

dave said:

The Epoch Times is an extension of Falun Gong, a cult.    Here's some of their wisdom:

----

The founder of Falun Gong, Mr. Li Hongzhi, has revealed the mystery of the moon in his book Zhuan Falun (Volume ll
: Actually, the moon is a man-made satellite during prehistoric
times and it is empty inside. The prehistoric people were well advanced
in science.

----

Ummm.... you are talking to the people who brought us Demon Sperm Medicine and Hot Bleach Shots.  I don't think a hollow moon is going to give them much pause.

mtierney said:

drummerboy said:

I clicked on mt's link to politico above.  It has one section that puzzles me:

===================================

Earlier this month in an interview, he displayed the sort of jargon aphasia one associates with a stroke victim: “Surplus military equipment for law enforcement—they don’t need that. The last thing you need is an up-armored Humvee coming into a neighborhood, it’s like the military invading. They don’t know anybody. They become the enemy. They’re supposed to be protecting these people.”

How did Biden's statement "display(ed) the sort of jargon aphasia
one associates with a stroke victim:
"

Whut? Seems pretty lucid to me.

On CNN about a week ago, I was watching Biden speak with a reporter. Don’t remember her question, but I remember his answer, which struck me as odd.

Biden: I saw that on TV this morning....while I was buttoning my shirt....

Aren't you guys getting worried by now that this is the best you got?

mtierney said:

Blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, Demon Sperm Medicineblah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, Shine Sun Up Your Butt,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, Bleach Shotsblah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, Hollow Moon,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah

Trying to talk to deranged deplorables like they are rational human beings is a waste of time and it obscures the very real struggle we are engaged in as a people.  The time has come at long last to stop normalizing fascist insanity and to, once and for all, take out the trash.

10:29.   10:32.   10:34

Wow!

mtierney said:

drummerboy said:

one associates with a stroke victim:"

On CNN about a week ago, I was watching Biden speak with a reporter. Don’t remember her question, but I remember his answer, which struck me as odd.

While the response to Mr. Drummerboy may make sense to Ms. Mtierney, whatever its intended point may be is incomprehensible.

mtierney said:

here's my response to this:

They have to get better than what they’ve been doing. I mean obviously that was a terrible thing. And I’ve spoken about it numerous times in various speeches. And what’s interesting is I spoke about it when we launched a very successful rocket — a tremendous program that culminated on that day and obviously it goes on from there.

But I then made a speech and it was a speech about the rocket, and I devoted 25 percent of the speech probably to what happened — or more — to what happened with respect to George — George Floyd, and it was — and then you listen to this, he doesn’t talk about George Floyd. The rocket went off, I then I made a speech, and I talked about George Floyd, but they said he didn’t talk about George Floyd.

Half — maybe even almost half of the speech, but a large portion of the speech was devoted exactly to that. And so, you know, with — with the media you basically — and basically no matter what you do, it’s never going to be good enough. But the people understand it.

Trump commits jargon aphasia multiple times a day.

Jack Shafer is kind of an ***.

mtierney said:

Falun Gong is anti-communist — Hong Kong is surely an example of  Chinese communists’ commitment to what they want and what they see as theirs.

I'd sooner be a communist than a wacko.  At least it's an ethos, man.

dave said:

mtierney said:

Falun Gong is anti-communist — Hong Kong is surely an example of  Chinese communists’ commitment to what they want and what they see as theirs.

I'd sooner be a communist than a wacko.  At least it's an ethos, man.

But they can dance up a storm, at least. 

[Edited to add] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shen_Yun#History_and_ties_to_Falun_Gong

Another reason mtierney will have the sads today.  South Korea's own Christian take on Falun Gong got nabbed preaching death to his flock.  What other heroes does she have?  Aum Shinrykyo?  Rev Jim Jones? The Unification Movement?  Evangelical Republican voters?  

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean authorities arrested the founder of a secretive Christian sect at the centre of the country’s largest outbreak of COVID-19 infections on Saturday for allegedly hiding crucial information from contact-tracers and other offences. Lee Man-hee is the powerful head of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus which is linked to more than 5,200 coronavirus infections, or 36% of South Korea’s total cases.

mtierney said:

drummerboy said:

I clicked on mt's link to politico above.  It has one section that puzzles me:

Earlier this month in an interview, he displayed the sort of jargon aphasia one associates with a stroke victim: “Surplus military equipment for law enforcement—they don’t need that. The last thing you need is an up-armored Humvee coming into a neighborhood, it’s like the military invading. They don’t know anybody. They become the enemy. They’re supposed to be protecting these people.”

one associates with a stroke victim:
"

OH MY GOD!!! Biden buttons his shirt while watching TV? Only demented people do that!!!

ridski said:

mtierney said:

OH MY GOD!!! Biden buttons his shirt while watching TV? Only demented people do that!!!

Trump has a step-in suit that zips up the back.  True story. 

Trump has people who button his shirts.  

nohero said:

Trump has a step-in suit that zips up the back.  True story. 

Trump IS a step-in suit that zips up at the back.

ridski said:

Demented do it as an excuse for  being guilty for watching TV. Wonder if it was Fox?

This is a pretty disturbing thread. Will be interesting to see what Maddow turns up about it.

(ETA: Uh oh, looks like the twitter widget broke. Try this instead.)

drummerboy said:

This is a pretty disturbing thread. Will be interesting to see what Maddow turns up about it.

(ETA: Uh oh, looks like the twitter widget broke. Try this instead.)

Unrolled on the Thread Reader so that it's easier to read - 

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1289600118967005184.html

A Trump whine from awhile ago:

Last April, Trump whined that “The last administration left us nothing. We started off with bad, broken tests, and obsolete tests.”

Well, duh. Of course the old "Obama" tests, were worthless, obsolete. Its a new virus. Those tests wouldn't apply.

The Obama admin did leave him very useful things. A pandemic taskforce that Trump disbanded and a pandemic playbook that was disregarded.

Have we ever seen a president like this? His nonstop whining of its unfair, its not my fault, its not my responsibility, blah, blah. Its really grating. What an embarrassment. There should be a sign on his desk, "The Buck Never Stops Here."

To be able to go through just one day without hearing about Trump would be heaven.

A new take on “a basket of deplorables”? That put-down-of -Americans-approach  by Mrs. Clinton crashed her campaign in 2016.

What is that definition of insanity again?

mtierney said:

A new take on “a basket of deplorables”? That put-down-of -Americans-approach  by Mrs. Clinton crashed her campaign in 2016.

Crashed her campaign? Is that why she got 3 million more votes than Trump?

No, it is why she lost.

mtierney said:

No, it is why she lost.

She was right, though.

mtierney said:

We’re still won when trump supporters will recognize what they are. 

mtierney said

Voting for the guy who has killed tens of thousands of your fellow citizens?

speaking of mail-in ballots, our friendly criminal James O'Keefe and Project Veritas are on the make again

Super Brain, on parade!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.