Trump's Coronapalooza Tour 2020 - By The Time He Gets To Phoenix ...

We can probably now expect the MAGAs to play the victims, claiming that a liberal plot kept attendance down. However per the Forbes article :

While it is unlikely this effort denied people any seats, as the rally was first come first serve, it may have accounted for a substantial chunk of the ticket registrations.

Ordering tickets not to be used, has been going on for a couple of years on social media.  I've seen it passed around on FB among political activists. Very often people will post how many tickets they ordered.  When I heard the wild number being touted I assumed most of them were phony orders. 

The ticket thing was huge with the college students.  My daughter and her friends all requested as many as they could and it was all over social media.

guy on Twitter reminded me that there were dopes camping out for two days in order to get into the BOK Arena.  Talk about getting owned  snake

cramer said:

Attempt at damage control by Parscale: 

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-statement-on-bogus-claims-of-ticket-hacking

So he is basically saying that TikTok and K-pop did not cause the empty arena, but that it was instead caused by his supporters not showing up because they believe CNN and MSNBC. Wouldn’t that even be a bigger issue for them?

basil said:

cramer said:

Attempt at damage control by Parscale: 

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-statement-on-bogus-claims-of-ticket-hacking

So he is basically saying that TikTok and K-pop did not cause the empty arena, but that it was instead caused by his supporters not showing up because they believe CNN and MSNBC. Wouldn’t that even be a bigger issue for them?

So he’s saying it’s not his fault for having an indoor rally during a pandemic, it’s the fault of the media for reporting that he was having an indoor rally during a pandemic. 

this is so great. Parscale is supposed to be the social media wunderkind, and he got punked by social media teens.

What are the odds he gets fired?

drummerboy said:

this is so great. Parscale is supposed to be the social media wunderkind, and he got punked by social media teens.

What are the odds he gets fired?

A little less than the odds that tomorrow will be Monday. 

Gotta love this. 

12=a dozen 

144=a gross

6200=a Parscale 

The Lincoln Project is living rent free in Trump's head. 

Here's another from the Lincoln Project:

Ooo, both of those are priceless!

cramer said:

The Lincoln Project is living rent free in Trump's head. 

I'm surprised he doesn't have a guy in a golf cart giving him a ride to the helicopter. Maybe we'll see that pretty soon.

"The Lincoln Project is putting out “devastating” ads that are “produced with lightning speed” to “catch the public debate at just the right moment…hammer[ing] Trump where he is personally most vulnerable”. It’s clear they are getting under Trump’s skin; Keith Edwards of the Lincoln Project boasts that the group “lives in Donald Trump’s head rent free”.
It’s fair to raise questions about some of the Lincoln Project’s tactics (though the same standard must be applied to Trump’s own attacks against Biden), and it’s hard to know whether the group’s strategy is working, or even how to gauge its effectiveness.
But there are at least two indications that the Lincoln Project may be having an impact. First, their ads are getting attention and coverage from major media outlets, helping to shape the campaign narrative (in part because of Trump’s responses to the ads, including in late night tweetstorms). Second, if Trump is using valuable time, energy and money responding to the Lincoln Project’s ads, then he is waging the campaign on his opponents’ terms, not his."
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/lincoln-project-is-needling-trump-the-way-he-needled-hillary-over-her-emails-2020-06-22

These ads are super funny. I just don't know how many people outside of MOL actually watch them.

basil said:

These ads are super funny. I just don't know how many people outside of MOL actually watch them.

The ads appear on Facebook, Twitter and You Tube. The group is trying to get enough money to get the ads on tv in swing states. Ad Age has noticed the ads.  

https://adage.com/article/campaign-trail/conservative-pac-lincoln-project-mocks-trumps-crowd-size-new-ad-alerts-stormy-daniels/2263131

eta - They've are the only ones who have been able to get under Trump's skin. They're doing what the Democrats haven't done. Trump has to be afraid of them.

basil said:

Millions of people have watched them.  

Jaytee said:

basil said:

Millions of people don't get Biden elected

The ads are like chicken soup - they don't hurt and could help. In the meantime, they're refreshing and we know that Trump has a thin skin, so we can enjoy the fact that they get under his skin, which is something that nobody else has been able to accomplish. The "Shrinking" ad had 1.1 million views on YouTube.

basil said:

Jaytee said:

basil said:

Millions of people don't get Biden elected

sure they do. Trump won with about 100,000 key votes. 

The bigger problem with these ads is who sees them.  Until they get on TV, they're just preaching to the faithful.

Fox News has covered The Lincoln Project. That probably drove some of its viewers to watch the ads. Whether the ads causes them to not vote for Trump is another story. Most likely not. But as I posted above, they can't hurt. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-ad-anti-trump-gop-group-clip-slow-walk-west-point

The only people that really need to see ads like this are the undecideds, non-voters and people whose support for Biden may be weak. That's only a few million people (maybe 10?), not counting non-voters. No ad is going to persuade a Trumper or the vast majority of Fox viewers.

drummerboy said:

The only people that really need to see ads like this are the undecideds, non-voters and people whose support for Biden may be weak. That's only a few million people (maybe 10?), not counting non-voters. No ad is going to persuade a Trumper or the vast majority of Fox viewers.

That's why The Lincoln Project has run tv ads in swing states and intends to concentrate on the swing states. 

"The anti-Trump Republican group, The Lincoln Project, is planning to air a new attack ad blasting President Donald Trump's record on race relations in the US.

The TV spot, backed by a $500,000 ad buy, will air in the key battleground states of Florida, Wisconsin and Michigan as well as in Washington, DC. The ad, entitled "Flag of Treason," targets the support Trump has received from white nationalist groups."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/politics/lincoln-project-new-ad-trump-race/index.html

As for a couple of the guys behind The Lincoln Project, If Steve Schmidt and Rick Wilson were on cable all day, I'd probably never get anything done. Two of my favorites.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Employment Wanted

Help Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Advertisement

Advertise here!