GOP 2024 - Slavery Bad, But On The Other Hand ...

RealityForAll said:

If Trump was a "threat" due to Trump's possession of classified materials then Trump is no longer a "threat" (assuming any, and all classified materials are no longer in Trump's possession). Let me know if my analysis (above) is inaccurate or incomplete.

For a possible insight into the logic here, ask yourself this: If you’re fighting to get back into a position where you were that “threat,” are you no longer a “threat”?

I guess some people don't follow the news. Or are just being jerky on a message board. 

What is the threat from Trump? Maybe the fact that he spends every day riling up his cult. 

From today's NYT:

Trump Supporters’ Violent Rhetoric in His Defense Disturbs Experts 

The former president’s allies have portrayed the indictment as an act of war and called for retribution, which political violence experts say increases the risk of action.

Sounds like a threat to me. 

No one pays that little attention.

ml1 said:

I guess some people don't follow the news. Or are just being jerky on a message board.

Or truly don’t understand and then, when others try to explain, write them off as a clique.

Dude? I think someone has been living way, way out west  too long— and in the wrong country!

dude Add to list Share

/dud/

/dud/

Other forms: dudes

Dude is a slang greeting term between men, meaning "guy" or "man." For example: "Dude! So, like, what's up?" It's been popularized by movies and TV shows, and has a distinctive whiff of American West Coast hippie culture to it.

In the American nineteenth century dude had another life as a term for a dandy — a particularly well-groomed and fancily-dressed young man. From this came the term of dude as meaning a big city dweller unfamiliar with the ways of the Wild West. When such types came out West to enjoy the rugged life, they stayed in "dude ranches," basically resorts or spas, not real working ranches, and the term is still around today.

mtierney said:

Dude? I think someone has been living way, way out west  too long— and in the wrong country!

Dude, I'm a Golden Stater, born and bred.  I'll sink with California, when it falls into the sea. I thought that would be obvious from my avatar.

In any case, the word "dude" was popularized by surfers, not hippies. 

RealityForAll said:

I am no fan of Trump.  You have asserted the following: " [Trump] is a threat to the country."  Is Trump an ongoing threat? 

Please explain the perceived threat.

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps it would be more constructive if you shared your POV. For instance, you say that you are no fan of Trump -- why? Are there specific actions he's done that make you not a fan?

Conceivably, you can answer your own question as to the perceived threat by sharing what makes you not a fan of his. For instance, perhaps you were not a fan of his attempt to overthrow the government on Jan. 6th. Then you'll have an answer right there. Or perhaps Jan. 6th didn't strike you as a big deal or a thread to the country. In that case, I'd have to agree with GoSlugs that there's probably not much chance of constructive discussion with you.

RealityForAll said:

Jaytee said:

Apparently to this stooge trump has a functioning brain. He’s holding top military secrets in a bathroom down in the basement at mare lardo where guests can just flip a lid and take a picture. He’s actually being charged with violation of the espionage act. So parroting what you hear on your righteous wing nuts sites is not proof that Biden did the same thing. Your messiah was asked to return the documents, he was subpoenaed after multiple attempts to retrieve the documents. He is a threat to the country. Lock him up!

I am no fan of Trump.  You have asserted the following: " [Trump] is a threat to the country."  Is Trump an ongoing threat? 

Thanks in advance.

Q1.  Why doesn't Jaytee answer my question?

Q2.  Why does PVW quote my question only after editing out Jaytee's assertions?

Q3.  Why does PVW reframe my interchange with Jaytee as somehow needing to be redirected to my missing ideas or analysis?

RealityForAll said:

RealityForAll said:

Jaytee said:

Apparently to this stooge trump has a functioning brain. He’s holding top military secrets in a bathroom down in the basement at mare lardo where guests can just flip a lid and take a picture. He’s actually being charged with violation of the espionage act. So parroting what you hear on your righteous wing nuts sites is not proof that Biden did the same thing. Your messiah was asked to return the documents, he was subpoenaed after multiple attempts to retrieve the documents. He is a threat to the country. Lock him up!

Thanks in advance.

Q3.  Why does PVW reframe my interchange with Jaytee as somehow needing to be redirected to my missing ideas or analysis?

Why does RFA ask questions when he clearly isn't interested in the answers?

PVW said:

RealityForAll said:

RealityForAll said:

Jaytee said:

Thanks in advance.

Why does RFA ask questions when he clearly isn't interested in the answers?

Veritas.

PS I dispute the loaded portion of your question (namely, "clearly isn't interested in the answers?").

RealityForAll
said:

Q1. Why doesn't Jaytee answer my question?

Q2. Why does PVW quote my question only after editing out Jaytee's assertions?

Q3. Why does PVW reframe my interchange with Jaytee as somehow needing to be redirected to my missing ideas or analysis?

Q1. Because he doesn’t have to. Q2. Because the assertions are easy to see where Jaytee made them, and the smaller the blocks of green the better this user’s experience. Q3. Because he wanted to.

RealityForAll said:

Veritas.

PS I dispute the loaded portion of your question (namely, "clearly isn't interested in the answers?").

Well, as I pointed out to you, you already have a lot of tools available to you to make some progress on what people mean when they say Trump represents an ongoing threat. Your responses certainly don't suggest you have a great deal of interest in actually answering your question.

RealityForAll said:

It all seems like a big misunderstanding.

Shocker!

RealityForAll said:

New GOP issue: Why doesn't anyone want to talk about the good things that slavery did?

Florida schools should not be trying to put any positive spin on slavery | The Hill

nohero said:

New GOP issue: Why doesn't anyone want to talk about the good things that slavery did?

Florida schools should not be trying to put any positive spin on slavery | The Hill

Rudyard Kipling will be included in the revised curriculum.

DaveSchmidt said:

ml1 said:

So Megyn Kelly now regrets that time she was empathetic. 

Not even 10 seconds in: “Subjected to celebrations.”

Megyn went off the rails in the first 15 seconds when she claimed gays and lesbians have had equal rights for quite some time now.

paulsurovell said:

We now have a genuine woke candidate for President:

Cornel should have paid his tax bill and child support before declaring his candidacy.

https://newrepublic.com/post/174819/cornel-west-owes-irs-500000-taxes

But West hasn’t been putting his money where his mouth is—literally. An investigation by The Daily Beast, published Thursday, found that West owes $543,778.78 in unpaid taxes. The Beast cited tax filings in Mercer County, New Jersey, where West owns a house in the town of Princeton, and in Los Angeles, where West’s personal attorney is.

The IRS has filed liens against West for the years 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, when he failed to pay anywhere from more than $62,000 to nearly $137,000 in taxes. The liens, or federal claims against property for unpaid debts, are all still open.

----------

West also has yet to pay a 2003 child support payment of $49,500.

yahooyahoo said:

Cornel should have paid his tax bill and child support before declaring his candidacy 

Pablo has a knack for picking them don’t he? He’s woke alright… crazy people.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Latest Jobs

Help Wanted

Advertisement

Advertise here!