Epstein Commits Suicide While on Suicide Watch (Maybe?)

Whoops!!! Dup posting.

Link:  http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/11/abc-and-cbs-news-shameful-punishment-of-the-epstein-leaker.html

It Is Shameful That ABC News and CBS News Are Punishing the Epstein Leaker

By Irin Carmon

11/8/2019

Brief Excerpt from above link:

It gives me no pleasure to report that I agree, on just this one thing, with Donald Trump Jr., who went on The View Thursday to say he shouldn’t be condemned for naming the Ukraine whistle-blower when ABC News is cracking down on its own Jeffrey Epstein–related leaker.

.@DonaldJTrumpJr confronts "The View" about ABC's Epstein cover-up -- on ABC.

"ABC is right now chasing down a whistleblower about all of the Epstein stuff because those stories were killed. So, if we're going to have the conversation about the outrage about whistleblowers..." pic.twitter.com/9rppeASUBL

— BlazeTV (@BlazeTV) November 7, 2019

This is a matter on which Trump Jr. is both self-serving and hypocritical, but let us acknowledge this broken clock. News organizations should not hunt down leakers in their ranks, not when it’s a matter of valid public interest — specifically, how the press reported on a serial abuser — even if the ultimate beneficiary is an ethics-free garbage fire like James O’Keefe’s right-wing muckraking outfit, Project Veritas.

Previous O’Keefe greatest hits include a misdemeanor conviction for attempting to surveil a senator, an unsuccessful attempt to trick the Washington Post into reporting false rape allegations against Roy Moore, and a truly creepy scheme to lure a CNN reporter onto a boat stocked with sex toys. What footage he has managed to acquire, he has often deceptively edited. But there is no claim that he misrepresented anything about the footage he published earlier this week of ABC News anchor Amy Robach on a hot mic last summer, in which she vents about the Jeffrey Epstein case.

“I’ve had this story for three years. I’ve had this interview with Virginia Roberts,” Robach says, referring to one of the best-known women who came forward about Epstein. “We would not put it on the air. First of all, I was told, ‘Who’s Jeffrey Epstein? No one knows who that is. This is a stupid story.’” She suggests pressure from Buckingham Palace — Prince Andrew was among those Roberts accused of participating in Epstein’s sex trafficking — was partially responsible.

FYI:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-stelter-jeffrey-epstein-abc.print

CNN’s Brian Stelter ignores ABC News’ Jeffrey Epstein scandal on ‘Reliable Sources’ media show

By Brian Flood

Published November 10, 2019

Brief Excerpt:

CNN’s “Reliable Sources” media show on Sunday ignored the scandalous hot mic tape of ABC News anchor Amy Robach admitting her network refused to air damning reporting about now-deceased sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

CNN senior media correspondent Brian Stelter has raised eyebrows this week by giving little attention to the story surrounding Epstein, in which an ABC News staffer apparently leaked the explosive video to controversial Project Veritas -- a group that has been critical of CNN. The story is widely regarded as one of the biggest media stories in recent memory, but it appears that CNN isn’t interested in informing its viewers.

ABC NEWS' AMY ROBACH CAUGHT ON HOT MIC SAYING NETWORK SPIKED JEFFREY EPSTEIN BOMBSHELL

CNN advertises Stelter’s “Reliable Sources" as a show that “examines the media world, telling the story behind the story” and that reveals “how the news gets made.”

FYI:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2019/11/05/air-cnn-msnbc-ignore-bombshell-video-abc-spiking-epstein-story

CNN, MSNBC IGNORE Bombshell Video on ABC Spiking Epstein Story

By Curtis Houck | November 5, 2019 11:05 PM EST
Editor's Note, 12:25 a.m. Eastern: This post has been updated to include the 11:00 p.m. Eastern cable shows in our county.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brief Excerpt:

Twitter was set ablaze on Tuesday morning and likely sent ABC to curl up in the fetal position, after James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas released a bombshell video of longtime journalist and 20/20 co-host Amy Robach admitting the network quashed her reporting from three years ago that would have helped expose serial pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

Not surprisingly, the blindly partisan cable networks CNN and MSNBC have assisted their fellow liberal comrades at the Disney-owned network in refusing to acknowledge the Project Veritas video since its release, which came during the 9:00 a.m. Eastern hour.

So, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Eastern, there have been 11 different CNN shows totaling 15 hours of programming without a single mention of the ABC News scandal, Epstein, O’Keefe, Robach, or Project Veritas.

For MSNBC, there were 15 different shows over 15 hours with nothing about this stunning development. During the 2:00 p.m. Eastern hour of MSNBC Live, there was a whole segment devoted to the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll about President Trump’s job approval and hypothetical 2020 match-ups, but nothing about Epstein.

A search of CNN.com and MSNBC.com returned a grand total of zero search results on any of the above search terms (as of this story’s publication).

Throughout the day, CNN and MSNBC programs invoked ABC to air clips of Secretary Mike Pompeo being pressed on This Week by host and former Clinton official George Stephanopoulos about the impeachment inquiry against the President, but couldn’t stomach to pivot to a story that should be rocking the journalism landscape.

Passive voice, hedged superlative, indeterminate time frame: These are a few of the tools that a writer uses to sound authoritative in a way that defies fact-checking. In Brian Flood’s case, it’s an impressive trifecta for a single clause.

The story is widely regarded as one of the biggest media stories in recent memory ...

DaveSchmidt said:

Passive voice, hedged superlative, indeterminate time frame: These are a few of the tools that a writer uses to sound authoritative in a way that defies fact-checking. In Brian Flood’s case, it’s an impressive trifecta for a single clause.

The story is widely regarded as one of the biggest media stories in recent memory ...

Can I conclude that you believe that CNN should be ignoring this story?

You’re free, like anyone, to conclude anything you’d like. What an odd question.

It's possible that Project Veritas doesn't meet any other news organizations' standards as a source.

ml1 said:

It's possible that Project Veritas doesn't meet any other news organizations' standards as a source.

NYT, WaPo and NPR, among others, have reported on this. If CNN and MSNBC want to sit out one of the biggest media stories in recent memory, that’s their call to make.

RealityForAll said:

DaveSchmidt said:

Can I conclude that you believe that CNN should be ignoring this story?

Can I conclude that you missed (or ignored) Dave's point?

DaveSchmidt said:

ml1 said:

NYT, WaPo and NPR, among others, have reported on this. If CNN and MSNBC want to sit out one of the biggest media stories in recent memory, that’s their call to make.

What do you think the reason is for CNN and MSNBC sittting out this story about Epstein/ABC?

RealityForAll said:

What do you think the reason is for CNN and MSNBC sittting out this story about Epstein/ABC?

I have no guess to hazard.

DaveSchmidt said:

On the other hand, it's obviously a true statement.

paulsurovell said:

How can it not be, it’s totally meaningless.

I wonder what people here would think about journalistic standards if the Village Green interviewed one person who accused them of a horrific crime, couldn't get anyone else to corroborate on the record, but then published the interview anyway. 

ml1 said:

I wonder what people here would think about journalistic standards if the Village Green interviewed one person who accused them of a horrific crime, couldn't get anyone else to corroborate on the record, but then published the interview anyway. 

Are you defending ABC's quashing of Amy Robach's investigation based on the investigation, and supporting documentation, NOT meeting ABC's journalistic standards?

RealityForAll said:

Are you defending ABC's quashing of Amy Robach's investigation based on the investigation, and supporting documentation, NOT meeting ABC's journalistic standards?

are you vilifying them for adhering to their journalistic standards?

ml1 said:

I mean, it would depend on if we could tie it to an existing partisan framework or not...

I'll bet Dan Rather could tell us a few things about making an accusation against a powerful person without fully vetting the sources. 

ml1 said:

I wonder what people here would think about journalistic standards if the Village Green interviewed one person who accused them of a horrific crime, couldn't get anyone else to corroborate on the record, but then published the interview anyway.

ml1 said:

RealityForAll said:

I will take your response as "yes" to my question.

RealityForAll said:

In that case I'll take your response as a "yes" to my question.

RealityForAll said:

ml1 said:

I wonder what people here would think about journalistic standards if the Village Green interviewed one person who accused them of a horrific crime, couldn't get anyone else to corroborate on the record, but then published the interview anyway.

ml1 said:

RealityForAll said:

Why are ABC's journalistic standards so different from NYT and WaPo?

Are you (ml1 or anyone else) willing to acknowledge that CNN and MSNBC are engaged in a media blackout of the Amy-Robach-hot-mic-Epstein-story-was-quashed video?

If so, why would CNN and MSNBC be engaged in a media blackout of this story?

RealityForAll said:

Are you (ml1 or anyone else) willing to acknowledge that CNN and MSNBC are engaged in a media blackout of the Amy-Robach-hot-mic-Epstein-story-was-quashed video?

Did the NYT and WaPo run the single sourced, uncorroborated accusation that ABC News didn't?  Or did they just report on the Project Veritas Video?  If it's the latter it says nothing about their standards relative to ABC.

ml1 said:

RealityForAll said:

Did the NYT and WaPo run the single sourced, uncorroborated accusation that ABC News didn't?  Or did they just report on the Project Veritas Video?  If it's the latter it says nothing about their standards relative to ABC.

Amy Robach alleges that she had other women to back-up the story of Virginia Roberts.  See second to last sentence set forth below and described as "Amy Robach Open Mic Dialogue."  Thus, the accusations were NOT uncorroborated (as you(ml1) allege).  Additionally, ABC's lack of interest in the JE story appears to parallel NBC's apparently feigned lack of interest regarding Ronan Farrow's story on Harvey Weinstein's history of sexual assault.

PS CBS has fired a former ABC employee who they(CBS) allege was the leaker of the Amy-Robach-hot-mic video.  It appears that ABC and CBS are cooperating in punishing the alleged whistle-blower.

PPS Neither NYT nor WaPo are currently trying to bury the Amy-Robach-hot-mic-Epstein-story-was-quashed video (while ABC, CNN and MSNBC are).  Neither, NYT nor WaPo had the interviews that A. Robach three years ago.  As mentioned above, A. Robach's representation is that the JE story was corroborated.

===============================================

Amy Robach Open Mic Dialogue:

See:  https://pjmedia.com/trending/abc-anchor-amy-robach-on-hot-mic-claims-she-had-the-jeffrey-epstein-story-three-years-ago-but-the-network-killed-it/

"I've had the story for three years. I've had this interview with Virginia Roberts. We would not put it on the air. First of all, I was told, 'Who is Jeffrey Epstein? No one knows who that is. This is a stupid story.' Then the Palace found out that we had her whole allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us a million different ways. We were so afraid we wouldn't be able to interview Kate and Will, that also quashed the story. And then Alan Dershowitz was also implicated in it, 'cause of the planes. She told me everything. She had pictures. She had everything. She was in hiding for 12 years. We convinced her to come out. We convinced her to talk to us. It was unbelievable, what we had. Clinton, we had everything. I tried for three years to get it on, to no avail. And now it's all coming out, and it's like these new revelations, and I freaking had all of it. I'm so pissed right now. Like, every day I get more and more pissed, 'cause I'm just like, oh my God. What we had was unreal. Other women backing it up...[emphasis added]. Brad Edwards, the attorney, three years ago saying like, 'There will come a day, but we will realize Jeffrey Epstein was the most prolific pedophile this country has ever known.' I had it all, three years ago."

This is Robach's statement. You can choose to believe her or Project Veritas. 

"As the Epstein story continued to unfold last summer, I was caught in a private moment of frustration. I was upset that an important interview I had conducted with Virginia Roberts [Giuffre] didn't air because we could not obtain sufficient corroborating evidence to meet ABC's editorial standards about her allegations," Robach said in her statement. "The interview itself, while I was disappointed it didn't air, didn't meet our standards. In the years since no one ever told me or the team to stop reporting on Jeffrey Epstein, and we have continued to aggressively pursue this important story."
"At the time, not all of our reporting met our standards to air, but we have never stopped investigating the story," the ABC News statement says. "Ever since we've had a team on this investigation and substantial resources dedicated to it." The network said it intended to run a two-hour documentary and launch a six-part podcast on Epstein in January 2020.

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/05/776482189/abc-news-defends-its-epstein-coverage-after-leaked-video-of-anchor

ml1 said:

This is Robach's statement. You can choose to believe her or Project Veritas. 

"As the Epstein story continued to unfold last summer, I was caught in a private moment of frustration. I was upset that an important interview I had conducted with Virginia Roberts [Giuffre] didn't air because we could not obtain sufficient corroborating evidence to meet ABC's editorial standards about her allegations," Robach said in her statement. "The interview itself, while I was disappointed it didn't air, didn't meet our standards. In the years since no one ever told me or the team to stop reporting on Jeffrey Epstein, and we have continued to aggressively pursue this important story."
"At the time, not all of our reporting met our standards to air, but we have never stopped investigating the story," the ABC News statement says. "Ever since we've had a team on this investigation and substantial resources dedicated to it." The network said it intended to run a two-hour documentary and launch a six-part podcast on Epstein in January 2020.

You realize what you are presenting is a false dichotomy (namely, the assertion that: "[y]ou can choose to believe her or Project Veritas").  PV provided a video of Amy Robach during an open-mic dialogue of Robach that was recorded to video.  The words expressed during the open-mic video are those of Amy Robach, NOT of PV.  Thus your argument is false (unless you are alleging that Amy Robach's hot-mic video is somehow not authentic).   The above statement (that you(ml1) have posted) has all the hallmarks of a corporate legal department drafting up an ***-covering document for ABC employee, Amy Robach, to read.  Inherent in forcing/compelling A. Robach to read such a statement is intimidation of A. Robach and a veiled threat (Amy either circle the wagons with us or you will be out - just my take on it).

RealityForAll said: 

- just my take on it).

We can choose to believe ml1’s take or yours.

RealityForAll said:

You realize what you are presenting is a false dichotomy (namely, the assertion that: "[y]ou can choose to believe her or Project Veritas").  PV provided a video of Amy Robach during an open-mic dialogue of Robach that was recorded to video.  The words expressed during the open-mic video are those of Amy Robach, NOT of PV.  Thus your argument is false (unless you are alleging that Amy Robach's hot-mic video is somehow not authentic).   The above statement (that you(ml1) have posted) has all the hallmarks of a corporate legal department drafting up an ***-covering document for ABC employee, Amy Robach, to read.  Inherent in forcing/compelling A. Robach to read such a statement is intimidation of A. Robach and a veiled threat (Amy either circle the wagons with us or you will be out - just my take on it).

You don’t know any more than I do whether an out of context video is the last word on this. 

I do know that if you are going to publish those kind of allegations against Trump, Prince Andrew, Clinton, Dershowitz, you need to have all your documentation solid. And to my knowledge there still isn't any other corroborating evidence that those men did more than travel with Epstein. They may be guilty of sexual assaults. But at this point there's not much beyond an accusation. 

ml1 said:

RealityForAll said:

How many reporters and resources did ABC devote to confirming Robach's reporting?

ridski said:

paulsurovell said:

How can it not be, it’s totally meaningless.

That's a totally meaningless response.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.