DUMP TRUMP (previously 2020 candidates)

nohero said:

Bernie's theory of his case didn't pan out in South Carolina.
There were more voters than last time. 
They did not go for Bernie. 

2016 - He received 96,498 of 370,904 votes.
2020 - He received 105,070 of 527,728 votes.

Out of 156,824 *more* votes cast (2016 to 2020), Bernie received 8572 more votes than last time.

You misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about Bernie's strategy for winning the nomination. I was talking about his strategy for winning the General Election against Trump. His strategy for winning the nomination is to tout his strategy for winning the election.

Similarly Bloomberg's strategy for winning the nomination is different from his strategy to win the election. The former is to spend a fortune, ignore the first four contests and concentrate on Super Tuesday. The latter is to win the votes of former Trump voters or former stay at home voters among middle class suburbanites. 

Doomsberg on 60 minutes

Smedley said:

Doomsberg on 60 minutes

Thought he sounded good.  What did you think?

mrincredible said:

Wow. Buttigieg is out. Big change in a few weeks. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/01/politics/buttigieg-campaign/index.html

Wild, he was on Chuck Todd earlier. Amy Klobuchar will probably be next.

Morganna said:

Smedley said:

Doomsberg on 60 minutes

Thought he sounded good.  What did you think?

Good. Maybe very good. Wasn’t great which I think he’s capable of.

Smedley said:

Good. Maybe very good. Wasn’t great which I think he’s capable of.

My oldest friend and her daughter sent in their votes for him for Super Tuesday and my ex husband says he is voting for him. They are pretty progressive but think he can beat Trump and they are originally from the city so there's that familiarity with his attitude.

I'm waiting to see what Tuesday brings. 

mrincredible said:

Wow. Buttigieg is out. Big change in a few weeks. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/01/politics/buttigieg-campaign/index.html

With Buttigieg and Steyer leaving the Democratic primary race is nicely narrowing. It makes me appreciate those two more now that I realize their running was not a vanity project.

I can imagine producers at MSNBC trying to snag Pete.

Morganna said:

My oldest friend and her daughter sent in their votes for him for Super Tuesday and my ex husband says he is voting for him. They are pretty progressive but think he can beat Trump and they are originally from the city so there's that familiarity with his attitude.

I'm waiting to see what Tuesday brings. 

Bloomberg's NYC popularity is very good.

Unlike de Blasio who Sanders is touting as a supporter. Not exactly smart. 

Mr. Bloomberg, who served as mayor for 12 years, is actually more popular among New Yorkers. His approval rating is 59 percent among New York City residents, according to a Siena College poll this month. Mr. de Blasio, who is facing lame duck status with less than two years left in office, had his approval rating fall below 35 percent last year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/nyregion/bloomberg-sanders-de-blasio.html

BG9 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/nyregion/bloomberg-sanders-de-blasio.html

It will be interesting to see how he does on Super Tuesday.  I guess he has been flooding the country with ads. I keep getting one on FB offering free matches that say You're Fired.

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/free-stuff/get-free-box-trump-youre-fired-matches-mike-bloomberg/

Morganna said:

It will be interesting to see how he does on Super Tuesday.  I guess he has been flooding the country with ads. I keep getting one on FB offering free matches that say You're Fired.

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/free-stuff/get-free-box-trump-youre-fired-matches-mike-bloomberg/

his ads are always in my FB feed. I responded telling him to drop out. I immediately got an IM from his campaign. My exchange with the Bloomberg bot was pretty absurd. I'd post screen shots but it got a little NSFW. 

ml1 said:

his ads are always in my FB feed. I responded telling him to drop out. I immediately got an IM from his campaign. My exchange with the Bloomberg bot was pretty absurd. I'd post screen shots but it got a little NSFW. 

He doesn't seem to have any interest in dropping out.

I'm facing the disappointing prospect of losing yet another candidate or two that I liked. Warren and then Klobuchar. I originally started with Booker and Castro. So if I'm left with Bernie, Biden and Bloomberg, I'm not sure where I will land. I'll be just counting delegates with the rest of us.

Morganna said:

He doesn't seem to have any interest in dropping out.

I'm facing the disappointing prospect of losing yet another candidate or two that I liked. Warren and then Klobuchar. I originally started with Booker and Castro. So if I'm left with Bernie, Biden and Bloomberg, I'm not sure where I will land. I'll be just counting delegates with the rest of us.

I didn't actually think he'd take my advice and drop out. 

ml1 said:

I didn't actually think he'd take my advice and drop out. 

If it was down to those 3, would Bernie be your pick?

Morganna said:

If it was down to those 3, would Bernie be your pick?

absolutely. It's not even close for me. Bloomberg is almost as much an authoritarian as Trump. And Biden has a lot of things to answer for that aren't looking good in 2020 like his support for the Iraq war, the war on drugs, support for banks over consumers, etc. 

Let me ask this sincerely: had the dems not allowed Bernie to carry the dem flag, and the dems found a viable center-left candidate, would Never Trump GOPers make up for whatever was lost from the far left in an effort to rid us of DJT?

...assuming Bernie ran as third party candidate.

GL2 said:

Let me ask this sincerely: had the dems not allowed Bernie to carry the dem flag, and the dems found a viable center-left candidate, would Never Trump GOPers make up for whatever was lost from the far left in an effort to rid us of DJT?

Based on what I have heard from a few of those people, given a choice between Trump, Sanders and Bloomberg that a lot of Democrats and Republicans in the center would pick Bloomberg. But I don't know if it would be enough. 

So if Bloomberg got the Democratic nomination, and Sanders ran as an independent, I think it's possible Bloomberg could carve out a plurality in the middle. 

The problem is what if he doesn't get 270 electoral votes? Maybe Sanders gets California and Pennsylvania. In that case the House decides, with each House delegation (state) getting one vote. So even though the Democrats hold a majority in the House, Republicans hold a majority of state delegations to the House.

Amy dropping out to endorse Biden!

Meanwhile, in Texas, the fix is in.

Smedley said:

Amy dropping out to endorse Biden!

And Buttigieg just endorsed Biden.

Old man rant:

I fcuking hate the Trump GOP, those bastards who tilt against the eventuality of a less white and more diverse America by trying to limit voting and immigration.

I'm convinced that this "horrible" trend, which will "make America different" rather than keep it white-ruled, is at root the motivation of the Trump party. Of course, every immigrant I have more than occasional talk to is working his/her *** off, like my own father did, to have just a taste of what it means to be an American. And they do it every time. Hardworking and industrious people.

Broad brush? Fcukin' A it is. Whether you're an unabashed white supremacist, a capitalist happy to capitalize on having lucked into our electing an ignoramus who functionally is and supports white nationalist causes, or someone who is indifferent, you need to know that the right to immigrate and to gain citizenship and vote are sacred and that you suck for living an "I got mine so fcuk you and yours!" philosophy.

Love the far right idea that dems welcome newcomers because they'll vote dem...seriously?  How long do you figure it would take for a new immigrant to achieve citizenship and voting rights? 10? 20?

So today I was phone banking for Elizabeth Warren. Reached a man in Tennessee who had already voted early - for Pete. He kind of upset. 

When a candidate drops out at this point it is certainly a disappointment to those who spent their time and money supporting that candidate. 

Oh well.

Why is tulsi still in? Warren is next Tuesday. Bernie is claiming he has a movement, well go form your own party. Bloomberg is determined to get Bernie out. Gonna be interesting next week.

What does Tulsi have to lose by staying in or gain by dropping out?

I guess the same is true of Warren

STANV said:

nohero said:

Bernie's theory of his case didn't pan out in South Carolina.
There were more voters than last time. 
They did not go for Bernie. 

2016 - He received 96,498 of 370,904 votes.
2020 - He received 105,070 of 527,728 votes.

Out of 156,824 *more* votes cast (2016 to 2020), Bernie received 8572 more votes than last time.

You misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about Bernie's strategy for winning the nomination. I was talking about his strategy for winning the General Election against Trump. His strategy for winning the nomination is to tout his strategy for winning the election.

If Bernie's strategy is that he'll get out more voters, if he can't get them out for the primary, he's not proving his case. 

With all of these endorsements for Biden today, it looks like someone pulled the string behind the scenes.

Obama - was that you?

This is moving. Great speech by Amy. And I can't wait to see Beto! Joe's speech accepting Pete's endorsement was moving. And he seems emotional. I like all of this unity! I'm about to sing Kumbaya! Truly this is heart warming.

Amy  is auditioning for the VP spot.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Help Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!