Starbucks in the Village?

nohero said:

The biggest controversy: allowing a Starbucks in town.

Seems like maybe that's a bit of ridicule right there. 

ml1 said:

nohero said:

The biggest controversy was allowing the Circus Building.  Anything after that was post mortem

maybe you should demand a retraction from the NYT

author said:

ml1 said:

nohero said:

The biggest controversy was allowing the Circus Building.  Anything after that was post mortem

ml1 said:

maybe you should demand a retraction from the NYT
author said:

ml1 said:

nohero said:

Nah.............I allow the Old Grey Lady a slip up now and then.  The last item of perfection I remember

was my mother's cheescake

Absolutely untrue. My daughter was a SB Barrista -- food is a large part of sales

author said:
No one goes to Starbucks for a meal

peteglider said:

Absolutely untrue. My daughter was a SB Barrista -- food is a large part of sales
author said:

Their breakfast sandwiches are pretty good.

kthnry said:

peteglider said:

author said:

Their breakfast sandwiches are pretty good.

Are the food items made from scratch onsite?

author said:

Yep the tour buses from Dayton Ohio bypassed the one in South Orange but they are planning to visit the one in Millburn.  

You know author...I grew up in the Dayton area, and can promise you that tourists from Dayton aren’t gong to give our neighborhoods the time of day. If their buses got lost and ended up in Maplewood Village, they’d comment on how much it looks like their neighbor, Oakwood, and just keep moving toward their destination.

I won’t randomly make fun of where you are from, if you can do others the same favor.

susan1014 said:

author said:

Yep the tour buses from Dayton Ohio bypassed the one in South Orange but they are planning to visit the one in Millburn.  

You know author...I grew up in the Dayton area, and can promise you that tourists from Dayton aren’t gong to give our neighborhoods the time of day. If their buses got lost and ended up in Maplewood Village, they’d comment on how much it looks like their neighbor, Oakwood, and just keep moving toward their destination.

tI won’t randomly make fun of where you are from, if you can do others the same favor.

Never meaning to poke fun of Dayton..........had some good friends from there

Intent was to poke fun at the distance from point A to point B

Also could not easily spell Chilicothe

it really is a shame that the post office isn't there any more.  It was uplifting to see the hundreds of tourists it attracted every week.

I'm not a coffee guy at all but I do like a double espresso for a pick-me-up now and again.  I find Dunkin Donuts' espresso slays Starbucks' throughout the US.

I'm a fan of the DD cold brew.

ml1 said:

it really is a shame that the post office isn't there any more.  It was uplifting to see the hundreds of tourists it attracted every week.

It was never meant to attract tourists.   It was meant to service the community and it did it well at the

same time it produced a nice income stream in the form of tax monies.  Never understood why the

Post Office did not  require a Pilot

author said:

ml1 said:

It was never meant to attract tourists.   It was meant to service the community and it did it well at the

same time it produced a nice income stream in the form of tax monies.  Never understood why the

Post Office did not  require a Pilot

Tried to post a photo ............no photo

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.