Photos --- My first photo exhibit is at Millburn Public Library. Also, todays birding trip.

Today was unproductive. I drove to Rahway where Tree Swallows nest. I want to improve on last year's tree swallow photos.

They were flying all over the meadow but none would settle down for a photo. Maybe next week.

Tomorrow I am going to Cape Cod for a day of photography.

Swallows are in constant motion, hunting for insects. I remember just sitting and watching them at the Audubon Center in Pomfret, CT, last fall. I didn't even attempt to lift the camera to take focus! They are speedy little things.

But last year at the same site, they were sitting on the nest boxes for periods of time. I guess they will settle in a week or so.

Love to know if the Ice Boulders are still visible at Cape Cod 0r if they have melted yet

jerseyjack said:

But last year at the same site, they were sitting on the nest boxes for periods of time. I guess they will settle in a week or so.

Wow! I must have always seen them at exactly the wrong time. I will have to go back and try again.

mbmom said:

Love to know if the Ice Boulders are still visible at Cape Cod 0r if they have melted yet

Ain't seen none yet.

Right now, I'm downing a dozen quahogs.

I'm thrilled to report that photos display correctly on the mobile version of the new board, which will greatly increase my enjoyment of this thread on my phone!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.