Official Dallas Cowboys Thread (the others aren't; litigation pending)

At $2.99 per minute (Kids, get your parents permission to call. Cowboys fans, get permission from your home health aide).

ligeti said:

I'm on hold with Kap right now!

Hello Cowboys Nation! Is everyone excited for Dallas' first win of the season against the NY Giants?

First off, I'm shocked that no Cowboys fans chimed in with their plans for a victory party, or even a "support the team" party... but I just saw the last few minutes of the game and it was REALLY close. I had to leave after the first quarter, but I assume Dez Bryant had a breakout game - I'm betting he's the only reason things were so tight?

In all seriousness though, I'm actually happy for the Cowboys - it looks like they finally identified the problem... and it was Tony.

This year, I’m not going to get upset and start threatening posters about the Cowboys after one loss, as in the past. Thanks to yoga classes and weekly acceptance therapy, I won’t permit the ups & downs of the schedule to get to me. No more incidents like last year, when I went over to one hurtful poster’s house and broke his lawn furniture while his wife and children watched from a kitchen window. The wife was really angry at him (“Do something! Look at him! Is that ligeti? What did you post? Get out there and stop him!”).

I sent Terrence Williams a friendly message about that last play yesterday, that kind of thing won’t be happening again (I’m FB friends with him, btw).

We’re going to the playoffs, of that I am sure. As a result, I’m in a really good place right now. You’d be surprised how many Cowboy fans there are in Maplewood/SO. I make time to talk to as many as I can. A lot of people are saying good things about me. Everyone really likes me.

Wait... there were UPS in the Cowboys schedule last year?

I should say that I number myself among the people who want the Cowboys to go to the playoffs, preferably with both Tony Romo and Dez "Getting Closer" Bryant. THAT will be entertaining television!

And I'm sure Terrence Williams will be going to the Super Bowl this year - since you're friends, maybe he can get you an extra ticket and you can sit together?

ligeti said:

This year, I’m not going to get upset and start threatening posters about the Cowboys after one loss, as in the past. Thanks to yoga classes and weekly acceptance therapy, I won’t permit the ups & downs of the schedule to get to me. No more incidents like last year, when I went over to one hurtful poster’s house and broke his lawn furniture while his wife and children watched from a kitchen window. The wife was really angry at him (“Do something! Look at him! Is that ligeti? What did you post? Get out there and stop him!”).

I sent Terrence Williams a friendly message about that last play yesterday, that kind of thing won’t be happening again (I’m FB friends with him, btw).

We’re going to the playoffs, of that I am sure. As a result, I’m in a really good place right now. You’d be surprised how many Cowboy fans there are in Maplewood/SO. I make time to talk to as many as I can. A lot of people are saying good things about me. Everyone really likes me.

I have no idea how this clip got stuck in my head tonight - must have been something I saw on Reddit.

Barry Church texted me that he will be back on the field for the Giants (who I hate) game, but I told Barry not to rush it because we need him at 100% when we posey into the playoffs.

Apparel-wise, my plan is to purchase a new Cowboys cap if we make it to 10-1. I have the new cap all picked out, it's in my amazon computer cart ready to go! That reminds me I need to get my Cowboys knit cap out of the basement for the winter weather!

Everyone is so happy for me!

What a great game. I was sure the second FG was wide left.

Great game but great that Dallas lost.

Yeah, but missed the shot of Jerry and the boys in their suite, when the game ended. That would have been the icing on the cake.

Most overrated #1 seed ever

ligeti said:

Barry Church texted me that he will be back on the field for the Giants (who I hate) game, but I told Barry not to rush it because we need him at 100% when we posey into the playoffs.

Apparel-wise, my plan is to purchase a new Cowboys cap if we make it to 10-1. I have the new cap all picked out, it's in my amazon computer cart ready to go! That reminds me I need to get my Cowboys knit cap out of the basement for the winter weather!

Everyone is so happy for me!

This guy can't be a real human. He talks as if he is Mork.

vermontgolfer said:

Yeah, but missed the shot of Jerry and the boys in their suite, when the game ended. That would have been the icing on the cake.

I wanted to see him on the field at the end of the game consoling Dez Bryant. Then I wanted the Jumbotron to fall in them both.

First off, I think we can now all agree: Romo was the problem all along. He's fantastic with no pressure on him, but hey: I shoot a mean game of "Horse" - doesn't make me a basketball player.

Having said that, what a fantastic game! I'll memorialize this right here: I never, ever expected the Cowboys to do what they did with a rookie QB and a rookie running back. It was really impressive.

From a selfish perspective I have to admit I'm disappointed though: no more huge blunders, no more unbelievable interceptions... no more Cowboys football as we all know it. That's going to be tough for me, I won't lie.

I was always a Brett Favre fan, so a little of that feeling remains for the Packers - but I just don't think they're doing it this year. Should be some great games though!

What an upstanding Cowboy citizen:

http://bleacherreport.com/arti...

"Mike Garafolo of NFL.com added the letter cited three examples of photographic evidence that showed the use of "physical force." In addition, Tom Pelissero‏ of NFL Network spotlighted comments from the case's prosecutor, who said "we generally believed her for all of the incidents."

"I'm a target, that's what I've realized from all of this," he told reporters. "I've got to conduct myself that way so I can not have any distractions and I can just focus on ball."

Sounds like he learned his lesson.... not.  (Turns out that quote is from 2016. I wonder if he's learned his lesson now?)

marylago said:

Where IS ligeti?

Trying hard to change the title of the thread to"pending ligetation"

Dez, Dez, Dez.  If only his mouth were a little bigger, perhaps he could learn to catch the ball with it.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.