Official Dallas Cowboys Thread (the others aren't; litigation pending)

Nice to see a picture of of "Elite Quarterback" Tony Romo on his feet.

Since Cowboys fans tend to live in the past... albeit with good reason... here's a quick "best of" retrospective.

case said:
ml1 said:

I have the Carolina defense on my fantasy team. The 'Boys got my week off on the right foot. Thanks Tony, for the pick six.

Weren't there TWO Tony Romo interceptions for touchdowns in that game?

I wasn't sure which of their stellar QBs threw the second one.  So I guess I owe Tony double thanks. 

I actually stopped paying attention to the game after the first pick six.  I wasn't going to get any joy out of watching a 60 minute train wreck in slow motion.

Granted that it was in Garbage Time (where the 'Boys tend to pad their stats), but I think Cassel had a much better game than Romo did.

Maybe Cassel is Elite too!  

case said:

Granted that it was in Garbage Time (where the 'Boys tend to pad their stats), but I think Cassel had a much better game than Romo did.

Maybe Cassel is Elite too!  

He is more Elite than Romo? 

Cowboys still have a chance   

Look, I hope the Cowboys can somehow slide into the playoffs by having every other NFC East team implode.  I do!  As I've said many times, the joy of watching Cowboys football increases as the fan base gets more arrogant and stupid... the playoffs are a great time for something like that.

Cowboys fans: Loyal but Dumb:

https://www.facebook.com/Beerbugg1/videos/1037508956281370/

To be fair, the entire team contributes to the cure...

ligeti said:

Awaiting callback from Jerry.

Apropos of nothing... the nursing home my grandfather lives in is GREAT!  When he tells a nurse that he's waiting for a call from Patton, or would like to speak with General Eisenhower, the facility arranges for a call to be made with a trusted healthcare worker.  Grandpa is really happy; in fact, you could even say that "everyone is excited for him"!

I just wanted to share that in the spirit of the Thanksgiving holidays.

With the Cowboys season over (except for some garbage-time wins that will give the Dallas faithful something to be 'proud' of), I have to say I'm disappointed in the season.  Yes, the fans provided some amusement... and yes, Dez and Greg were fun to watch on and off field... but in general, this was a sad Cowboys season.

Even the die-hard fans on the 'net message boards have gone quiet - beaten into submission (or is it apathy)?  Why, there's hardly even any cries of "5 rings" or "look at those cheerleaders" anymore.  Just sad.

I guess we'll have to wait until next year - you know, when Tony Romo is healthy and Dez is healthy and the Cowboys dominate their impressive division to go into the playoffs (and lose there).

See all of you in February!   oh oh 

I wore my new Cowboys scarf today while walking to the train and received many complements from well-wishers.  I counted 7 of them.  What does that tell you?  

We're playing the haters tonight (the ones with "Red" and "Skins" in their name) in their own stupid stadium.  I heard Greg* say he was going to smash and crunch their private parts on nationwide TV while the officials weren't looking. LOL!  

Come to think of it, how often do seven complete strangers walk up to you to wish you well? Not often, I bet. It happens to me all the time. What does that tell you?

*Hardy

ligeti said:

I wore my new Cowboys scarf today while walking to the train and received many complements from well-wishers.  I counted 7 of them.  What does that tell you?  

We're playing the haters tonight (the ones with "Red" and "Skins" in their name) in their own stupid stadium.  I heard Greg* say he was going to smash and crunch their private parts on nationwide TV while the officials weren't looking. LOL!  

Come to think of it, how often do seven complete strangers walk up to you to wish you well? Not often, I bet. It happens to me all the time. What does that tell you?

*Hardy

"Smash and crunch their private parts on nationwide TV while the officials weren't looking".

And THIS is the edited version of your post?  Did the original have a reference to your latest conversation with Jerry Jones?  Not that I'm complaining - any Ligeti posting that doesn't involve 'blowing it out your ass' or 'poking your eyes out' is OK in my book!

oh oh 

I'm glad to see you came back after your 6... or was it 7... week hiatus.  Must be hard to be a Cowboys fan!

And...err... I probably shouldn't do this but: when the well-wishers were complimenting you?  Did you notice they were talking a little loudly and a little slowly?  Did anyone ask you if you were taking the train all by yourself?

Even though the OP has... finally... shown up again, in what can charitably be referred to as "Garbage Time" in the Cowboys season, I thought this was important enough to post on the Official thread.

https://www.change.org/p/cleveland-browns-trade-johnny-manziel-to-the-dallas-cowboys?source_location=petitions_share_skip

Seventy.... Million.... Dollars.

That last Eddie Lacy touchdown was just cruel.  

If the Cowboys lose to the Jets, I can’t be responsible for the consequences.  I’ve tried many things to help our team get back on track.  For example, hurting myself after losses. The thinking on that one is that the Football Gods will feel sorry for me and use their divine resources to fix the team.  Wearing my Cowboy hat downtown hasn’t helped much, although town residents continue to greet me warmly and offer complements. Sometimes, during the fourth quarter of a tight game, I log onto the Cowboys website and buy stuff, hoping it will inspire the defense to hold a lead for once.  During the Bucs game, I bought a Cowboys crockpot, chef’s hat, spatula and beverage cooler.  Look how that worked out.

No, the only thing that seems to have an impact is when I put pictures of bird curses on the internet. 

Like this one:

ligeti said:

*Hardy

It tells me that you lie   Or that you live 3000 miles from the train   

case said:

Seventy.... Million.... Dollars.

Whenever I see him, I feel bad for his mom  

ligeti said:

Wearing my Cowboy hat downtown hasn’t helped much, although town residents continue to greet me warmly and offer complements.   

The word you're looking for is "condolences."

ligeti said:

If the Cowboys lose to the Jets, I can’t be responsible for the consequences.  I’ve tried many things to help our team get back on track.  For example, hurting myself after losses. The thinking on that one is that the Football Gods will feel sorry for me and use their divine resources to fix the team.  Wearing my Cowboy hat downtown hasn’t helped much, although town residents continue to greet me warmly and offer complements. Sometimes, during the fourth quarter of a tight game, I log onto the Cowboys website and buy stuff, hoping it will inspire the defense to hold a lead for once.  During the Bucs game, I bought a Cowboys crockpot, chef’s hat, spatula and beverage cooler.  Look how that worked out.

No, the only thing that seems to have an impact is when I put pictures of bird curses on the internet. 

Like this one:

Maybe you should get the Football Gods to read your MOL posts - then they (like us) would feel sorry for you.  Failing that, perhaps you should ease off your genitals obsession a bit (at least in public).

And again, when town residents greet you warmly, speak loudly and slowly, tell you they like your hat and then ask, "are you here by yourself?  Is there someone we should call"? it's not really a compliment.  It's the result of wearing what amounts to a handicapped sticker on your head.

OR... maybe stick to your guns re: hurting yourself, but take things to the next level?  

ligeti said:

Like this one:

I do think that more Cowboy fans should try hurting themselves   

Woot,

While I don't disagree, don't you think declaring their public allegiance to a group of overpaid, under performing misogynist criminals  IS hurting themselves?  I always detected a masochistic undertone to some of the pro-Cowboys comments on these threads (notwithstanding the occasional outburst, threat of violence and the last minute fear of having gone too far... as evidenced by multiple post edits).

Maybe that's it?  Could Cowboys fans across the nation be engaging in some kind of odd self-punishment?  It would explain a lot of the comments I see on certain Cowboys discussion boards... the facebook page "Cowboys Fans are Morons" is a great example.  Some of those people are just humiliating themselves with their redneck comments - thoughtless, ignorant, completely self-unaware, it's really sad. Unless of course they're just PRETENDING to get upset - but in that case, why the violent outbursts?

No, I think public support of the Cowboys is just an odd psychological symptom of a greater problem.

I didn't notice Greg Hardy fondling testicles in last nights game... Was anyone else paying closer attention?

In fact, I haven't noticed that team leader doing anything this season.  Think he's coming back next year?

ligeti said:

8:26 p.m. Have poured sulfuric acid in left ear. Trying to find 90 lb. free weights so I can drop them on both ankles. Wife must have moved them again.

Set hair on fire during walk home from train station.

Will poke out eyes shortly.

Weird!  I was just reviewing the crumbled wreckage of this Official thread (after a quick review of the crumbled wreckage of the Cowboys season) and I noticed that before there were threats to poke MY eyes out... there was a threat to poke his OWN eyes out.

How did I miss that?  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.