Reporting from my basement: Politics and pandemic, a deadly duo

basil said:

drummerboy said:

basil said:

drummerboy said:

LP's fear is more fundamental than that. Perhaps he can explain.

What is his concern then exactly? 

I think it's penises in female bathrooms.

Why is that a concern?

Well, that's what we're trying to find out from LP.

basil said:

drummerboy said:

basil said:

drummerboy said:

Why is that a concern?

ml1 said:

basil said:

drummerboy said:

basil said:

drummerboy said:

Why is that a concern?

Boys will be boys, no matter how old they get. Potty humor reigns.

drummerboy said:

basil said:

drummerboy said:

basil said:

drummerboy said:

Why is that a concern?

Well, that's what we're trying to find out from LP.

Yes, but LP only wakes up from hibernation to speak great words of wisdom every 6 months. So what are we common folk to do in the meantime? Panic?

Knit. 
oh, wait. It’s not the French Revolution, yet. cheese

In case anyone wants to know what started this diversionary tactic, here is, once again, the link: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/16/health/coronavirus-toilets-flushing.html

Using a public toilet — for anyone, anywhere — a COVID-19 nightmare.

mtierney said:

just to remind you that it's conservatives who always bring up the toilet when LGBTQ rights are discussed. It didn't occur to any of us libs. 

ml1 said:

mtierney said:

just to remind you that it's conservatives who always bring up the toilet when LGBTQ rights are discussed. It didn't occur to any of us libs. 

Did anyone of these conservatives ever actually put forward any rationale behind linking LGBTQ rights and bathroom fears? I mean, it's such a weird association. It's like associating religious freedom with chimneys.

basil said:

Did anyone of these conservatives ever actually put forward any rationale behind linking LGBTQ rights and bathroom fears? I mean, it's such a weird association. It's like associating religious freedom with chimneys.

If you eliminate Chimneys you eliminate Santa Claus. Part of the War on Christmas.

STANV said:

basil said:

If you eliminate Chimneys you eliminate Santa Claus. Part of the War on Christmas.

You are good!

basil said:

another weird obsession I've noticed is conservatives being outraged that stuff was "shoved down our throats."  Like PC, Obamacare, social distancing, etc.  Every policy they don't like was "shoved down our throats."  I'm not sure I want to get into what that obsessive fear means.

The avoidance of concern for the substance of the link offering yet more concern about the spread of COVID-19 says to me I was correct in my calling out libs for potty humor. Bad news for sure.

What would Biden say?

mtierney said:

The avoidance of concern for the substance of the link offering yet more concern about the spread of COVID-19 says to me I was correct in my calling out libs for potty humor. Bad news for sure.

What would Biden say?

I'm not sure I get this. Are we supposed to be terrified by the flushing of toilets? Or was there some other story you linked to that was supposed to freak us out?

You are being trolled

ml1 said:

mtierney said: 

ml1 said:

I'm not sure I get this. Are we supposed to be terrified by the flushing of toilets? Or was there some other story you linked to that was supposed to freak us out?

Most public restrooms and office building facilities are lidless. So, if the flushing action creates potential virus spread, I don’t suggest it should “freak us out,” but should gives us more insight as to how this virus spreads.

Apparently most of the posters didn’t bother to read the link before commenting.

mtierney said:

Apparently most of the posters didn’t bother to read the link before commenting.

Since they knew that the article was about the effect of flushing, they obviously did read beyond the headline. 

mtierney said:

Most public restrooms and office building facilities are lidless. So, if the flushing action creates potential virus spread, I don’t suggest it should “freak us out,” but should gives us more insight as to how this virus spreads.

if we had more widespread testing and tracking, we could quarantine people who've tested positive, thus lessening the possibility of infected people using public restrooms.

Do you know who is against more COVID-19 testing?  Your dear leader.

nohero said:

Since they knew that the article was about the effect of flushing, they obviously did read beyond the headline. 

You couldha fooled me! Post after post discussed unisex bathroom potty jokes etc. Everyone seems to be on board the no handshaking, social distancing, handwashing, and grocery shopping protocol —
not one serious response the this new scientific evidence, however.

mtierney said:

You couldha fooled me! Post after post discussed unisex bathroom potty jokes etc. Everyone seems to be on board the no handshaking, social distancing, handwashing, and grocery shopping protocol. 

You keep referencing these multiple potty jokes, I don't see one.  So just to make you feel better I'll post one.  

mtierney said:

You couldha fooled me! Post after post discussed unisex bathroom potty jokes etc. Everyone seems to be on board the no handshaking, social distancing, handwashing, and grocery shopping protocol. 

actually the discussion had moved on to the recent SCOTUS ruling on LGBTQ rights and one of your conservative defenders brought us back to the toilet. Because conservatives appear to be obsessed with the idea of trans women using a ladies room. So don't blame the rest of us if you lost the thread. 

ml1 said:

The steadfast response by Trump haters. 

mtierney said:

nohero said:

You couldha fooled me! Post after post discussed unisex bathroom potty jokes etc. Everyone seems to be on board the no handshaking, social distancing, handwashing, and grocery shopping protocol —
not one serious response the this new scientific evidence, however.

You skipped over the substantive responses, then say you didn't see them, and write that it's the other posters  who didn't read the article or the posts.

That's pretty insulting.

mtierney said:

ml1 said:

The steadfast response by Trump haters. 

Mr. Ml1 stated a fact. 

nohero said:

Mr. Ml1 stated a fact. 

The response is steadfast because Trump is steadfast in his derision of covid testing. 

ml1 said:

nohero said:

Mr. Ml1 stated a fact. 

The response is steadfast because Trump is steadfast in his derision of covid testing. 

Yes, "Trump haters" is a synonym for "Trump realists".

The opposite of "Trump realists" is "suckers".

Back to topic.

The bad news is that they are trying to get rid of this guy. The good news is he isn't going without a fight.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/politics/southern-district-of-new-york-geoffrey-berman-jay-clayton/index.html

fyi, Hennepin County, MN which includes Minneapolis, continues to see a decline in the COVID-19 infection rate.  There has been no explosion in infections after the protests.  

https://covidactnow.org/us/mn/county/hennepin_county?s=53768

Tulsa County in Oklahoma however currently has an infection rate described as "unsustainable."  Trump is likely to kill a lot of his followers this weekend.

https://covidactnow.org/us/ok/county/tulsa_county_wagoner_county?s=53768

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertisement

Advertise here!