Reporting from my basement: Politics and pandemic, a deadly duo

The article was about flushing, and recommended putting the lid down.

Good recommendation for toilets that have lids.

DaveSchmidt said:

Good recommendation for toilets that have lids.

Just don't flush the porta-potty.

Good recommendation for porta-potties. (I was thinking less so for stalls like those pictured with the Times article.)

Good news for the LGBTQs as the Supreme Court Delivers Major Victory To Employees

As long as it's still not OK for men to use a public ladies room.  I have yet to meet a woman or a father of a daughter who is comfortable with that (yet)

lord_pabulum said:

Good news for the LGBTQs as the Supreme Court Delivers Major Victory To Employees

As long as it's still not OK for men to use a public ladies room.  I have yet to meet a woman or a father of a daughter who is comfortable with that (yet)

Similarly, I have yet to meet any support of civil rights for the trans community who thinks men should use women's restrooms.

PVW
said:

lord_pabulum said:

Good news for the LGBTQs as the Supreme Court Delivers Major Victory To Employees

As long as it's still not OK for men to use a public ladies room. I have yet to meet a woman or a father of a daughter who is comfortable with that (yet)

Similarly, I have yet to meet any support of civil rights for the trans community who thinks men should use women's restrooms.

this is true.

lord_pabulum said:

Don't forget the opinions of every man whose mother was a woman.

lord_pabulum said:

Why would you even raise this issue? What does it have to do with anything regarding LGBTQ rights?

nohero said:

lord_pabulum said:

?

drummerboy said:

Why would you even raise this issue? What does it have to do with anything regarding LGBTQ rights?

Precisely what I was thinking, DB.

lord_pabulum said:

nohero said:

lord_pabulum said:

?

"As the father of a daughter" is a phrase used by some males as some kind of "signal" that, "I have some sensitivity to the opinions of women".  Practically all of them have mothers, so not sure why it's only their daughters who count as female relatives.

Not only it that silly, but it's mostly used by guys pretending that they're not just hostile to LGBTQ rights in general: "It's not that I'm a bigot, I'm just thinking about the weaker sex."

lord_pabulum said:

you know what is going to be the absolute worst job in the world if those "uncomfortable" folks get their way?  

Genital checker at the rest room door.

All the righteous of you seem to think for everyone.  You all missed the point of my ETA.  Try thinking for a change and not jumping to conclusions that have been fed to you by 24 hour "news" channels.  Write about the reasons you live in a bubble and are afraid of the real world.

lord_pabulum said:

All the righteous of you seem to think for everyone.  You all missed the point of my ETA.  Try thinking for a change and not jumping to conclusions that have been fed to you by 24 hour "news" channels.  Write about the reasons you live in a bubble and are afraid of the real world.

It's not "righteous." It's practical.  How the **** are you going to prevent a trans woman from walking into a ladies' room?  Are you going to have someone check anyone who looks "suspicious"?

lord_pabulum said:

pablum at it's finest.

Righteous indignation at its worst

lord_pabulum said:

Many of us "miss" your points on a regular basis.

lord_pabulum said:

This is one of the strangest posts I have seen in a while

lord_pabulum said:

Righteous indignation at its worst

You can keep repeating this as many times as you want but it doesn't make it so. 

basil said:

This is one of the strangest posts I have seen in a while

I’m really puzzled by LP’s post: don’t you have Parenting restrooms for this purpose?? A father may accompany his daughter to the Parenting restroom, where she can use the facilities independently. If she requires assistance, he can do so in an age-appropriate way the same as a mother would assist her son. Failing that, parents wait outside the appropriate restroom for their offspring to emerge. Isn’t that universal?? Am I naive??

Parenting restrooms are not part of our standard issue of public restrooms.

Yes, parents will normally wait outside the restroom for their young one.

LP's fear is more fundamental than that. Perhaps he can explain.

drummerboy said:

Parenting restrooms are not part of our standard issue of public restrooms.

Yes, parents will normally wait outside the restroom for their young one.

if a pedophile or rapist wanted to attack someone in a ladies' room today, what's to stop a man from dressing up as a woman to go in?  And does this ever actually happen?  How does allowing people to choose a rest room based on their gender identification make this any more likely than it is now?  Which to my knowledge is an extremely unlikely occurrence.

The Supreme Court's decision is about discrimination in employment.

Discussion of bathrooms is irrelevant unless we are speaking only of the hiring of 

STANV said:

this is true. But whenever the issue of LGBTQ rights comes up, some people's minds go straight into the toilet.

STANV said:

The Supreme Court's decision is about discrimination in employment.

Discussion of bathrooms is irrelevant unless we are speaking only of the hiring of 

Sounds like a job for Crocodile Dundee. 

drummerboy said:

What is his concern then exactly? 

basil said:

drummerboy said:

I think it's penises in female bathrooms.

drummerboy said:

basil said:

drummerboy said:

I think it's penises in female bathrooms.

Why is that a concern?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.