Noise-Free Summer?

And while the Township slept  September 1st appeared over the horizon. The Landscaper smirked. The aural assault would resume...

Yesterday, for the first time in August we turned off the a.c. and opened the windows.

For a good portion of the ban, we were secluded behind closed windows.  Now the weather is becoming favorable to opening up the house and the leaf blowers are scheduled to return.

alias said:

Yesterday, for the first time in August we turned off the a.c. and opened the windows.

For a good portion of the ban, we were secluded behind closed windows.  Now the weather is becoming favorable to opening up the house and the leaf blowers are scheduled to return.

If only there was something that could be done....

GoSlugs said:
alias said:

If only there was something that could be done....

The town could enforce the leaf collection rules, which do NOT allow blowing leaves into the street every week - only the weeks specified in the published schedule.  

...or simply enforce the rules they had on the books, which enforced lower decibel equipment. They didn't enforce it so most landscapers didn't abide. This caused disgruntlement and yadda yadda yadda... A pilot program.

I worked from home yesterday when my landscapers came by. I know they're not using blowers, but I wouldn't have noticed if they did due to the sounds of the mower, weed whacker, trimmer and whatever else was going on out there. How blowers got singled out as the problem, I have no idea.

or, if noise and debris is truly the issue, also ban gas powered lawn mowers, gas powered snow blowers/throwers, gas powered automobiles, gas powered generators, cigarette lighters and smoking, gas powered grills, dogs, children, thunder and wind.

cuethesun said:

And while the Township slept  September 1st appeared over the horizon. The Landscaper smirked. The aural assault would resume...

My landscaper never stopped using his leaf blowers.  The police have never cared less about anything than leaf blowers unless someone calls and complains.  I guess that didn't happen.  

So September isn't likely to sound too different (on my street) than August.  

Robert_Casotto said:

or, if noise and debris is truly the issue, also ban gas powered lawn mowers, gas powered snow blowers/throwers, gas powered automobiles, gas powered generators, cigarette lighters and smoking, gas powered grills, dogs, children, thunder and wind.

Good Idea!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.