New platform - update and issues

@jamie

Yes -- now showing full main photo when there are multiple on my desktop Chrome.

Is the edit button under our titles gone again? And I still can't use the like button.

Morganna
said:

Is the edit button under our titles gone again? And I still can't use the like button.

We're looking into the edit issue.  What browser/device are you having the like issue one?

jamie said:

Morganna
said:

We're looking into the edit issue.  What browser/device are you having the like issue one?

HP laptop IE. Windows 8.5

Jamie,

Just a minor thing, and I don't really expect a fix if it's too hard ... but whenever I try to browse one of the classified ads etc, I get a pop-up telling me that I'm not local enough to visit the site, and to fill out a ticket in the help center.

Are you doing this just to save bandwidth, or is there some other reason?

@jamie

I'm guessing this is in progress, but the page indicator doesn't seem to show which page I'm on when I'm on page 1. (Although the number shows up in a gray box on the other pages).

ETA: Using Chrome on a PC.

Hit refresh on the browser - F5, or super refresh CTRL-F5

I did both refreshes, and still all white numbers on page 1. That said, I may be pushing my computer's memory right now, and should probably reboot... but first I need to finish a few things.

ok, I do see the issue on some pages - will get back when we have a fix.

pagination issue should be fixed - you may have to refresh your browser to see the proper color coding.

Jamie -- Thanks!  It is now working after a super refresh.

Has anyone else commented on the pretty seasonal border, top and bottom of the front page? 

I get a glimpse of pale blue with dotted snowflakes behind everything - lovely touch, Jamie and team!

Jamie: Nice work! oh oh 

Just one more request for the page numbers: Is it possible to put the page indicator on the top of the "All discussions" pages as well as the threads?  I've gone to the second page of the "All discussions", only to realize after a few hours of thinking that no one has posted in a while, that I'm not on the first page anymore.

ETA: I assume it's too late to make these two symbols result in a regular smilie emoji, rather than a laughing one:  

: ) 

Morganna said:

I've just noticed the Edit button is missing, too @jamie   I want to move my latest thread to another category.

I thought that, maybe, the Edit option is not showing up because I'm using an old(er) PC, but I've just tried looking on my one-year-old Android phone, and the option is not showing there, either.

I'm not sure how this bug arose - but we'll figure it out on Tuesday.  What category did you want thread moved to?

Can we put a counter next to each thread title stating how many times the thread has been viewed? (i.e clicked on)

pretty please?

jamie said:

I'm not sure how this bug arose - but we'll figure it out on Tuesday.  What category did you want thread moved to?

Thank you, @jamie and a Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Having posted 'Guide to Aussie chooks' in Pets and Animals, I think it should be in the Food, Dining & Travel section.

joanne said:

Has anyone else commented on the pretty seasonal border, top and bottom of the front page? 

I get a glimpse of pale blue with dotted snowflakes behind everything - lovely touch, Jamie and team!

It is indeed a lovely touch.

Fixed a tagging issue - tag would get activated within a email jamie@jamieross.com - this shouldn't happen.  It was also case sensitive so @jamie worked but not @jamie did not - now both should work.

(I had typed in all caps)

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.