Name that Tune

Double Vision by Foreigner?  Confidence level:  0.5 out of 10

no.  Simone got this one right away.  grin

I think I know this one, yet...

Kiss.. I was born to love you (or some such nonsense)

Correct - I was made for loving you.

I’ll post a new one in a bit.

"Where do you come from?  Where did you go?????"

Cotton Eye Joe

Taylor Dayne -- "Tell It To My Heart"

drummerboy said:

Taylor who?

she was pretty big in 1985

yeah, I just listened to the song. it's vaguely familiar, but the video made no impression on me at all.

odd - I was a rabid MTV viewer in the early 80's, though I might have been tailing off by 1985.

drummerboy said:

yeah, I just listened to the song. it's vaguely familiar, but the video made no impression on me at all.

odd - I was a rabid MTV viewer in the early 80's, though I might have been tailing off by 1985.

I looked it up, it was actually 1987. It was ubiquitous for that one year. 

oh ok. by '87 I was definitely not watching as much. It was about then that I started to just blank out on pop and rock. I pretty much missed the 90's. The whole grunge thing is still pretty much a mystery to me.

drummerboy said:

oh ok. by '87 I was definitely not watching as much. It was about then that I started to just blank out on pop and rock. I pretty much missed the 90's. The whole grunge thing is still pretty much a mystery to me.

I didn't even have cable in '87, but I was living at Rutgers. And I think that song was played at every party I went to that year. 

jamie said:

ml1 said:

Taylor Dayne -- "Tell It To My Heart"

Correct!

Beck -- "Loser"

Boston--Foreplay/Long Time?

bak said:

Boston--Foreplay/Long Time?

Yup!

"Come On Eileen" -- Dexys Midnight Runners

It was the violin chord at the end that helped.

My FIRST thought was "She's Got a Way About Her" but went to listen to it and didn't think it matched.

so I have to add the second clip to the first clip?

or are they not connected?

I'm confused.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.