MOL- In Search Of

Regarding guinea pig bedding- When my daughter had a guinea pig we would buy recycled paper bedding all the time except one time I bought pine bedding (which said it was for guinea pigs among other animals). After the guinea pig was back in the cage with the pine bedding she became really lethargic and wouldn’t move and I remember her eyes looked weird but I can’t remember how exactly. So we took her out of the cage and after a while she started looking and acting more like herself so I blamed the pine bedding and never bought it again. We gave the pine bedding to a friend who had a guinea pig- they used pine bedding with no problem.

In search of a wide but flat cardboard box (like one that held a flat TV or wall art). 

I need to ship something that is 23"x40", but only 2" high.

Consider UPS in South Orange. They will likely even wrap the package for you.

Thanks -- I'll do that if I can't find a used box to re-use.

sprout said:

In search of a wide but flat cardboard box (like one that held a flat TV or wall art). 

• Moving companies have boxes designed for mirrors & paintings. 
  • If it is something irreplacable, build a box (wooden frame with plywood sides).

It's not fragile nor expensive. So, just trying to be environmental first...

sprout said:

Does it need to be larger than 40" to accommodate your item?

bigben_again said:

sprout said:

Does it need to be larger than 40" to accommodate your item?

A 40" box would be fine. 

It's closer to 39.25" wide, and it's basically a thick mat with some flexibility, so it could bend bit if needed.

Buy a plain cardboard box with dimensions at least 27" x 44"  when folded.  

Then refold to fit your item, and tape it shut.

When we moved I re-scored/folded other boxes to the sizes I needed for artwork and taped to the size I needed.

I have such a box for you. 40 x 26. Maybe 4 inches tall. It's from cut sheet paper we use for offset printing. Want it?

@bigben_again

Thx! That sounds perfect.  I'll send a PM.

As many of you know, I fix up old computers to give away to school children and others in need. Someone I'm trying to help is in dire need of a relatively new, relatively fast laptop. Since many people buy new ones as gifts for the holiday season, I'm asking if anyone has one to give away. I can transfer any old data for you and scour the hard drive of all your info. Then I'll repair or jazz it up as needed. Please send me a PM if you have one. It would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks to you all. 

This is probably a long shot, especially given the situation that we are all in, but does anyone have a VR set-up that they no longer are using?  My son is especially interested in virtual reality now, and we desperately need some diversions.  Thanks.

Hi,

We have just been invited to join a zoom  family cal, this Thursday.  I,d like to do this by attaching my ipad to a tv. So... I,m ISO a:

LIGHTNING TO HDMI ADAPTER.  or same for an galaxy/android tablet.

There isn’t ebough time to get one via azmn or retail. A short term loan is OK

THANKS

Staples is offering free next day delivery. But there's a caveat about delivery may take longer than expected.  The item is also available at a few stores within a 20 minute drive.

https://www.staples.com/Apple-Lightning-Digital-AV-Adapter/product_164117

I know it's not the answer y'all were looking for right now.

@mrincredible,

Thanks that looks like what I’ve seen.  Unfortunately the affair is tomorrow evening.  The crisis is making everything slower and local retail is closed.  If that weren’t the case I’d walk to the local Staples and carry one home or drive over to Short Hills mall apple store.

I have a USB C to HDMI adapter that might work for your android tablet that you could borrow for tomorrow night. 

Apollo_T said:

@mrincredible,

Thanks that looks like what I’ve seen.  Unfortunately the affair is tomorrow evening.  The crisis is making everything slower and local retail is closed.  If that weren’t the case I’d walk to the local Staples and carry one home or drive over to Short Hills mall apple store.

Ok. I thought Staples was open. Are you not in SOMA?

W O W

Big thanks to @drummerboy.  He had a webcam/mic AND delivered it.  I’ll be spending some time to learning it.  As I said I made a few video calls using Facetime so I’m hopeful the learning curve will be short.

@RichardR - Thanks I’ll keep that in mind IF this one doesn’t work out.

@mrincredible - Yes I’m in MW.  I thought Staples is closed bc of Covid.  Am I wrong?

@mrincredible

Thanks.

Just ordered that adapter, in store pick-up.  That’s the one I had in mind in OP.

Follow up.  Fam just finished our virtual pizza party.  Went rather well.  Some of us even acted like normal people.

That adapter worked very well,  though it took me a bit of doing to get it together.  Video quality was a bit off bc of non-pro hardware.  Audio was pretty good.  Overall, it was worth the time and effort to do.

I have misplaced my memory card reader.  Need to extract a lot of photos from my camera.  Can I borrow one for a few hours?

@tomcat,

I have an SD to Lightning reader for my iPad.  Or an SD to usb barest bones reader.  

Would either help?

@Apollo,

Have sent you a PM.

Thanks

Looking for a simple metal bed frame for full size bed.

If you can’t find one here there’s a metal base I’ve bought several times from Amazon  you don’t need a box spring. 

jamie said:

Looking for a simple metal bed frame for full size bed.

I’ve paid less than this  

https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-SmartBase-Foundation-Replacement-Noise-Free/dp/B006MISZOC/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=full+size+bed+frame&qid=1588113126&sr=8-2

Is this something that would work for you?  It's free

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.