Michelle Obama plays the reverse race card archived

"Libertarians see the best in everyone and say that everyone is fully capable of being left alone to make their way in the world."

Translation: you're on your own, capable or incapable.

There's that black-and-white libertarian thinking again. So you never assume the worst in any situation? The guy that owns the body shop you use must be very wealthy.

ridski said:

ml1 said:

ridski said:

Something disciplinary definitely needs to happen to that guy, but the idea of being arrested for having an offensively-named wifi router sticks in my craw for some reason.

ETA: Not as much as Zoinks' answer, which simply dismisses anything anyone says or does as "fringe".

when I read the article, it appears that the culprit went in to a router at a Teaneck rec center and renamed the network. sounds like vandalism to me. it's not like some guy named his home network with ethnic slurs.

From what I read in the original article posted, it didn't sound it was the rec center's router.

'A bigot named their WiFi signal “F--- All Jews and N----” — and now cops are investigating.'

'"It's appalling to me," said Parker, who is black. "It's horrifying to me that a person could hate a group of people so much that they give that name to their router. It's very troublesome. We need to get to the bottom of this."'

Emphasis mine. Of course, we won't know until the actual facts come out so whoever did this could have done exactly what you mentioned.

the only thing I know for sure is that it's a badly written article. but it does seem to be indicating the router was found IN the rec center.

You don't see many poor libertarians, people who say, if only the government would get out of my way, I could really make something of myself.

I wonder why everyone seems to think its ok to yell other people what those other people think, but bristle when others do the same to them.

Zoinks said:

What happens is that the left sees and assumes the worst in everyone which is why they think that the small enlightened elite must keep firm control over everyone and everything. Libertarians see the best in everyone and say that everyone is fully capable of being left alone to make their way in the world.

not for nothing, but you post a lot on this board, and the bulk of your posts aren't exactly brimming with a "seeing the best" attitude.

You can not reply as this discussion is Closed!

Latest Jobs

Advertisement

Advertise here!