Michelle Obama plays the reverse race card archived

elspeth said:

What's she supposed to do? Keep her mouth totally shut? "Arrogant, controlling character disorder" says Rush Limbaugh. Is that it? What the heck are you talking about? She shouldn't have responded to the book, true.I am an angry white woman and I think we should leave her alone.

If there are SPECIFIC people who said SPECIFIC things let her call them out directly. Not make broad sweeping innuendo.

ml1 said:

I prefer the reverse Uno card

This is ridiculous.

Fine! I'm playing the reverse racism AND inverted sexism card!

And this is why I don't support Tyler Perry.

kibbegirl said:

And this is why I don't support Tyler Perry.

I was being inversely ironic.

Zoinks said:

elspeth said:

What's she supposed to do? Keep her mouth totally shut? "Arrogant, controlling character disorder" says Rush Limbaugh. Is that it? What the heck are you talking about? She shouldn't have responded to the book, true.I am an angry white woman and I think we should leave her alone.

If there are SPECIFIC people who said SPECIFIC things let her call them out directly. Not make broad sweeping innuendo.

Connect the dots.

That is the problem. One should not need to speculate and "connect the dot". A unspecific indictment is an attempt to impune all opposition.

She's the FLOTUS, what is there to oppose?

The FLOTUS is always a proxy for the President. Has the left forgotten all their negative comments about Nancy Reagan?

Oldstone said:

This is an embarrassingly ugly thread.

THIS^^^

I see SLK is back. (lele0820=SLK)

I guess the point is that you have to be as vanilla and drab as Laura Bush to avoid being called a harpie (of one sort or another).

mjh said:

I guess the point is that you have to be as vanilla and drab as Laura Bush to avoid being called a harpie (of one sort or another).

Is that a little racist calling a white person vanilla? Would you be ok calling Mrs. Obama chocolate??

ridski said:

ml1 said:

I prefer the reverse Uno card

This is ridiculous.

Fine! I'm playing the reverse racism AND inverted sexism card!

you leave me no choice but to skip you.

Everyone knows that vanilla means bland, mild, you know, like vanilla ice cream or cake, nothing to do with skin color.

Actually Laura Bush is the one First Lady I found totally creepy. To me she always had such a Stepford Wives, robotic, demeanor.

Urban dictionary:

plain vanilla
adj. Informal
Lacking adornments or special features; basic or ordinary: plain vanilla stock options; a plain vanilla wardrobe.

I liked her...Laura Bush, that is.

Zoinks said:

Actually Laura Bush is the one First Lady I found totally creepy. To me she always had such a Stepford Wives, robotic, demeanor.

yes. you can learn so much about a person from seeing her on the TV.

Since that is the only reference I have that is what I have to go on. And in those instances she totally creeped me out. That is just the way it was.

it would be like someone assuming they know the sum total of you from reading your MOL posts

Since Zoinks exists only on MOL I would say that is accurate.

Zoinks said:

So are there SPECIFIC things, said or done in SPECIFIC ways, you want her to DO, or not do, and to, or with whom?

I mean lots of people did call her an angry black woman. There was a cartoon of the famous fist-bump on the cover of the New Yorker, Michele Malkin and Glen Beck and others sat around on TV predicting she's take over everything and radicalize the White House. She's basically calling them out. Get it yet?

elspeth said:

basically

That's a weasel word.

it's easy enough to find the efforts to portray Michelle Obama as some sort of militant black extremist. just google "Michelle Obama senior thesis."

You use the phrase "African American Presidency" and claim not to be a bigot? Disgusting.

guy said:

You use the phrase "African American Presidency" and claim not to be a bigot? Disgusting.

Please be specific as to to "you" you are referring to. Otherwise you are doing exactly the same thing Michelle Obama did.

Umm if Zoinks reads the thread, Zoinks will see someone see s

Someone use the quoted Phrase

If you are so all knowing you should come out and state it. Otherwise you just are making innuendos and leaving people wonder. which is truly disgusting. Especially since we are on page 3 and what you are referring to is, I think, on page 1.

That is what the quote function is for. I suggest you use it.

kibbegirl said:

And what would "special treatments" is he being given because of his race? That's a head scratcher! Some Republicans have called him every word except N*GGER and I'm sure that term is used behind closed doors by some.

In the beginning, many called he and his wife "uppity." Do you know what "uppity" means in black culture coming from a white person? It means that he and Michelle don't know their place; their station in life. They need to fall back and let the men who really should be in control take over. I'm sure it infuriates many Republicans that they have to sit down, be polite and listen to a black guy. They must all have ulcers. That includes the Black Republicans too who secretly wish it was them and not Obama, in the Oval Office.

For many decades, the term "angry, black woman" was used as an insult. TV, radio, print ads, portrayed black women as large in size, unkept and LOUD. She is none of those things but she certainly is cognizant of how she must always, as the Brits say, "Stay Calm and Carry On." One slight decibel above normal voice pitch, the Limbaugh's of the world will come after her as a screaming, angry black lunatic. Think not?

Well said. snake

Large in size, unkempt, doesn't sound to me like Mrs. Obama at all, though. She's trim and usually impeccably turned out.

You can not reply as this discussion is Closed!