Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

jfinnegan said:

I can't ever recall being so disgusted with a Mets win. 

If they win a playoff spot by one game, maybe you'll feel differently?  smile

jfinnegan said:

I can't ever recall being so disgusted with a Mets win. 

If it’s about the HBP, get over it. Every team does this.

If it’s about the men LOB, I’m with you.

What all the hubbub skips over is that the pitching today was excellent.  

we're 2.5% of the way through the season, so I'm withholding judgment.

and btw, I loved the bat flip.  If it's your birthday and you tie the game in the bottom of the 9th with a HR, go for the flip!

McNeil unleashes first great bat flip of 2021

Alonso would've gotten the run home anyway. After all, we always score when we have runners in scoring position.

Train_of_Thought said:

Alonso would've gotten the run home anyway. After all, we always score when we have runners in scoring position.

Ha!

The only thing I can slightly agree with is the Mets usually end up on the wrong side of these things. I thought Rojas did a horrible job with the press conference. Conforto handled it well. I think he might be benched tomorrow since they're facing a lefty. He should be expecting to get hit by a pitch for real this weekend. I don't really know why McNeil is batting 7th, but I guess the only guy you could move is Conforto. At the very least McNeil should be batting 6th. I would prefer him up there instead of Villar, whether it's a lefty or righty pitcher.

jfinnegan said:

The only thing I can slightly agree with is the Mets usually end up on the wrong side of these things. I thought Rojas did a horrible job with the press conference. Conforto handled it well. I think he might be benched tomorrow since they're facing a lefty. He should be expecting to get hit by a pitch for real this weekend. I don't really know why McNeil is batting 7th, but I guess the only guy you could move is Conforto. At the very least McNeil should be batting 6th. I would prefer him up there instead of Villar, whether it's a lefty or righty pitcher.

I don't have much of a beef with McNeil batting 7th. It's not a bad idea to have a hitter in the bottom third of the lineup. There were years when the Mets didn't have anyone from 7-9 in the order who could drive in a run. 

Agreed, but if a guy's struggling putting him batting between VIllar and McCann isn't going to give him great pitches to hit. I guess I should be thankful this is the biggest problem they have. Not too long ago Eric Campbell and John Mayberry were in the heart of the lineup. 

ml1 said:

deGromhog Day

De Grom must be some sort of Buddhist to endure this. Suffering in this life ensures peace for the next.

Moammar said:

De Grom must be some sort of Buddhist to endure this. Suffering in this life ensures peace for the next.

At least he is rich.

I know it's a 7 inning game, but Mets starters need to do better than not even 5 innings.  The best way to handle a weak bullpen is to have good starters.

Game two was much better.  Stroman wants to pitch.  And a 4 run lead makes it almost safe to use Familia. 

If Stroman asked to come out because his legs were shaking while he was on the bases why didn't they put in a pinch runner? 

Peterson is turning in a gem. They need to get him some runs.

Phillies have Familia warming up for their comeback.

FilmCarp said:

Not tonight. 

mrincredible said:

FilmCarp said:

Not tonight. 

He did try.  But good game overall.  there are at least a few better arms in the pen, and I like all of the starters.

I feel so much better about them passing on Girardi whenever I watch the Mets face the Phils. I guess he doesn't have much of a bullpen, but he handles it so poorly. 

The Phillies and the Mets may be going at it all season.  If they can find a center fielder of even average ability they will be okay.  And the Mets are not quite the odds on favorites that we all hoped for.  I'm not a huge stats guy, although I believe in analytics.  What I do follow after a couple of weeks is run differential.  Look at the Dodgers.  Already +32.  Mets are +1.

FilmCarp said:

The Phillies and the Mets may be going at it all season.  If they can find a center fielder of even average ability they will be okay.  And the Mets are not quite the odds on favorites that we all hoped for.  I'm not a huge stats guy, although I believe in analytics.  What I do follow after a couple of weeks is run differential.  Look at the Dodgers.  Already +32.  Mets are +1.

Who do you drop from the lineup to play the CFer of even average ability? Cannot be Nimmo...

jimmurphy said:

Who do you drop from the lineup to play the CFer of even average ability? Cannot be Nimmo...

it's the Phils that need a decent CF

jimmurphy said:

FilmCarp said:

I was talking about the Phillies.  I actually like how Nimmo is doing on defense.

ml1 said:

it's the Phils that need a decent CF

Ah, thought he was referring to all of the preseason angst about the Mets' CFer.

FilmCarp said:

I was talking about the Phillies.  I actually like how Nimmo is doing on defense.

Understood now.  My bad. And agreed.

As seems usual, the Mets need a few more guys who can get the big hit when it counts. 

If Lindor can start hitting, I think his enthusiasm will be contagious and loosen everyone up.

Hard to be rah-rah when you're "on the interstate", as Keith would say.  

(Loved it when he used the "county roads" comment the other day for under .100!)

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Help Wanted

Lessons/Instruction

Advertisement

Advertise here!