Maplewood Motorcyclists?

Hell yeah!! Rode a few times already even hit sandyhook and the BIC run

If anyone's up for a ride this Saturday morning, I've got a route that is pretty fun, twisty and scenic- about 2 hours and change out of South Orange and Maplewood. It ends in Watchung, where you can hop on 78 for a quick 15 minute scoot back to Maplewood, or you can keep going for a fun jaunt through the Watchung Reservation. If anyone is interested, I'll be leaving around 8:30AM from South Orange.

Oh, I'll make sure to NOT let my husband see this. He just sold his bike

Did he sell it to one of the counselor sat the Baird camp (young dude)? One of them just started riding around on a silver SV650, I think

No, it was some guy from upstate NY.. he's sad, but we have a hulking project car in the garage to soothe the sting.

marcsiry said:
If anyone's up for a ride this Saturday morning, I've got a route that is pretty fun, twisty and scenic- about 2 hours and change out of South Orange and Maplewood. It ends in Watchung, where you can hop on 78 for a quick 15 minute scoot back to Maplewood, or you can keep going for a fun jaunt through the Watchung Reservation. If anyone is interested, I'll be leaving around 8:30AM from South Orange.

Wish I would have seen this one. I had a hall pass I could have used.

Just saw this, would have joined if I saw this earlier. I'd be down for the next one.

@marcsiry, is there a way you can send that map you posted above of the route? Is it as simple of uploading the route to a standard (Garmin) GPS?

spysonic said:
Just saw this, would have joined if I saw this earlier. I'd be down for the next one.

@marcsiry, is there a way you can send that map you posted above of the route? Is it as simple of uploading the route to a standard (Garmin) GPS?

Yes, I can share the GPX file when I return home tomorrow. I will post a Dropbox link, I don't think you can attach files other than images here. Note that my map is a little out of date (2012) so it may recalc if your Garmin has a more recent update.

marcsiry said:

spysonic said:

Yes, I can share the GPX file when I return home tomorrow. I will post a Dropbox link, I don't think you can attach files other than images here. Note that my map is a little out of date (2012) so it may recalc if your Garmin has a more recent update.

No worries, if it's easier you can email it to me? I'm curious about that route, been riding around trying to find a some good roads, but I'm not as familiar enough with the Great Swamp area as I'd like.

Thinking of a Ringwood/Bear route tomorrow, if anyone is up for it- leaving SO around 8:30AM.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.